Labadee - no more upgraded buffet?

nbsjcruiser

I'm sure he was very happy with $60.00, they are so poor there. Thanks for the tip, I was thinking around the same thing as I wasn't sure what 'normal' is either. (Even in Life = ) !!!) Can you tell me how "strict" the attendants are as far as letting in others, we all aren't going to be hanging out in the cabana but we are 9, I'm wondering if 3 of us will be able to just sit in there and have lunch together? ALSO, MS52 who did you ask for extra mats? I wanted to rent more but would rather tip the attendant extra instead of paying RC.

Pay It Forward. Be kind.

Hello from the Explorer of the seas..right now. Upon arrival to our stateroom yesterday, the ticket for the cabana was there for us, but no bracelets for the upgraded buffet. Visited the Explorations desk with my ticket and email. The staff there assured me that "everything I get at Labadee will be at the cabana".

Not feeling 100% confident. I'll post again after the Labadee stop and let you all know how it went.

Teddie

Teddie, where did you get the cabana, we rented ours on Nellies Beach for $225.00 which was all that was available at the time I booked. Enjoy your cruise!!!

Pay It Forward. Be kind.

I booked the cabana this past February for this November cruise. I will post how it goes!

Teddie

We asked the cabana attendant for the extra mats. He also brought us 4 sets of scuba gear (which is no longer included in the description of the perks). I don 't know about extra people. We had 2 cabanas with 11 people.

It was a nice time - we're doing it again in January.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Ok. On Explorer and on Labadee right now. If you read my previous post , I mentioned that the first staff I spoke w at the Explorations desk advised me that "everything you need will be in the cabana. At the risk if seeming obnoxious I spoke w another staff that same night. He advised that I bring my email back to the desk so that they can copy it and alert the staff on the Labadee side. Having to repeat the issue multiple times was a pain but I did it anyway. Staff member copied the email and said "let's see how it goes".

Ok this morning brought the email along with us. The cabanas were already assigned. We are in #6 over the water on nellies. When our attendant greeted us, he gave each of us a bracelet that says "cabanas VIP" and that's how we got into the barefoot beach buffet (and it was might good!). Interestingly , we shared a table for our lunch with a couple who purchased the cabana YESTERDAY on board and also got the bracelets!

I have no idea if the email helped or not! All I can say is if you booked prior to oct 4th I would insist on getting the buffet.

In closing, the cabana is beautiful. The beach is beautiful, and the Ex is in great shape.

Teddie

Teddie,

Thanks so much for the updated info on the cabanas. I did not receive the

e-mail but I printed my order summary that shows I booked on Sept. 2

Are the other couple suite guests and booked a Barefoot cabana or are they in

a Nellie's cabana? What is the temperature like? Hope you are enjoying Labadee and especially the cabana, we loved it last year and look forward to sharing it with our friends this year. Hopefully with the upgraded buffet that I already told them about.

Teddie,

a Nellie's cabana? What is the temperature like? Hope you are enjoying Labadee and especially the cabana, we loved it last year and look forward to sharing it with our friends this year. Hopefully with the upgraded buffet that I already told them about.

Hello,

It was in the high 80s today in Labadee. It was a great day! The cooler and 4 large bottles of springwater were again included. The other couple was in a Nellies cabana.

I hope you get the buffet. I would email the guest services in advance so that you have a document/paper trail. It helped, I think

Teddie

Teddie,

Hello,

It was in the high 80s today in Labadee. It was a great day! The cooler and 4 large bottles of springwater were again included. The other couple was in a Nellies cabana.

I hope you get the buffet. I would email the guest services in advance so that you have a document/paper trail. It helped, I think

Teddie

I received a letter from RC regarding the cabana that we rented for our December cruise. It said that since we booked our cabana prior to October 4, 2013 we will get the upgraded buffet on Barefoot Beach, as well as a cooler with 6 water bottles, towels and beach mats. I have printed this with the rest of my documents.

Pay It Forward. Be kind.

Posted on other threads that those who booked after the October deadline are still being permitted to dine at the barefoot beach buffet......

So who knows what is going on....

Maybe figuring out the transition.

Sea Ya

And those weren't suite guests who just ended up with a Nellies Beach cabana?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sitting on Allure of the Seas now ... Deck 5, Adagio dining room, awaiting disembarkation. I rented a Nellie's Beach over the water cabana this past Tuesday.

I got EVERYTHING I was entitled to as someone who booked prior to October 4, 2013: the six 1-liter bottles of Evian on ice in a Coleman cooler; two floating mats; ship's blue pool towels for use while there; and yes, access to the buffet at Barefoot Beach (you each get a wristband placed on you that says "CABANAS VIP" which is what the security guard needs to see to allow you into Barefoot Beach).

So all's well that ends well.

But I didn't think it was going to work out that way.

I received an email (as posted earlier) stating that since I booked before October 4 blah blah blah .... One of the statements in the email said we would receive the wristbands in our stateroom. We received the ticket/voucher but no wristbands. I didn't realize this until early Monday (first full day at sea, dat before arrival at Labadee). I asked at Guest Services but they told me I need to take it up with Shore Excursions.

The line at the Shore Excursions desk was prohibitively huge, and I didn't like the idea of having to wait in line because of the cruise line's error. So I phoned Guest Services and they eventually transferred my call to ShoreEx.

They had trouble understanding my situation and they got me to Tiana, Allure's ShoreEx manager. She assured me we would get the wristbands at Labadee itself (and she was correct).

She was eager to see that email because she was concerned I was the first of many to receive that inaccurate information about the wristbands being left for me in my stateroom. She tried to get me a short amount of wi-fi so I could show her the email, but when that didn't work (I got it, but I was unable to forward the email to her) she came to my cabin to take a photo of the email on my iPad screen.

I'm sitting on Allure of the Seas now ... Deck 5, Adagio dining room, awaiting disembarkation. I rented a Nellie's Beach over the water cabana this past Tuesday.

I got EVERYTHING I was entitled to as someone who booked prior to October 4, 2013: the six 1-liter bottles of Evian on ice in a Coleman cooler; two floating mats; ship's blue pool towels for use while there; and yes, access to the buffet at Barefoot Beach (you each get a wristband placed on you that says "CABANAS VIP" which is what the security guard needs to see to allow you into Barefoot Beach).

So all's well that ends well.

But I didn't think it was going to work out that way.

I received an email (as posted earlier) stating that since I booked before October 4 blah blah blah .... One of the statements in the email said we would receive the wristbands in our stateroom. We received the ticket/voucher but no wristbands. I didn't realize this until early Monday (first full day at sea, dat before arrival at Labadee). I asked at Guest Services but they told me I need to take it up with Shore Excursions.

The line at the Shore Excursions desk was prohibitively huge, and I didn't like the idea of having to wait in line because of the cruise line's error. So I phoned Guest Services and they eventually transferred my call to ShoreEx.

They had trouble understanding my situation and they got me to Tiana, Allure's ShoreEx manager. She assured me we would get the wristbands at Labadee itself (and she was correct).

She was eager to see that email because she was concerned I was the first of many to receive that inaccurate information about the wristbands being left for me in my stateroom. She tried to get me a short amount of wi-fi so I could show her the email, but when that didn't work (I got it, but I was unable to forward the email to her) she came to my cabin to take a photo of the email on my iPad screen.

Thanks for sharing. We have a month until our sail, and we have a cabana on Nellies that was purchased before 10/4. Information is much appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just went through all these posts and got a feeling I'm out of luck, but I will try to give them a call. I had booked a Nellie's cabana in Sept for a March 2014 cruise. Two weeks ago when prices dropped I changed my cruise reservation and they cancelled my cabana. (booked same room, just new ressie #) So I rebooked a cabana, but now that's booked after Oct 4th. Hmmm . . . not only that, but I've noticed they charged me for the new cabana and haven't refunded me for the old one! Shouldn't my refund have come-it's been two weeks? argh.

I don't think you will be out of luck to get the upgraded cabana. Take a look at my post explaining a "similar" date problem and the favorable resolution. I didn't change ressies, but they honored/grandfathered the upgraded buffet even though a new OTW beach cabana didn't show a correct purchase date.

(they had made a mistake) Take note of an email address to resolve your issue.

Let us know if you were able to get it! Print out any emails!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1934594