Trainman-2 & Judith will Sail from Tampa on November 16th

Anybody Want To Join Us?

Last year we did a B-2-B on the Jewel and loved it!

DSCN4781.jpg

DSCN4787.jpg

While waiting to board I saw the stern of an old Liberty Ship!

DSCN4776.jpg

When we sailed, I got some better photos.

DSCN4805.jpg

DSCN4810.jpg

I have always wanted to visit and tour a Liberty Ship so when we got home after the cruise I checked into it. It turned out that is in not a Liberty Ship, it is a Victory Ship!

The Victory Ships were built later in WW-II and were a bit bigger and faster than the Liberty Ships.

So I found the ship's web site and called them up. It turned out that they are doing a one day cruise around Tampa Bay on Saturday, November 16th and we have bought our tickets! We will be staying in the Embassy Suites, Tampa, Brandon the nights before and after the cruise.

The Ship is the American Victory.

There is a link to Ticket Web in the upper right corner of the Ship's home page. Tickets are $89 for adults and $49 for Children.

http://www.americanvictory.org/

I thought that some of you might be interested in this cruise. We are looking forward to it and maybe meeting some more of our friends from Cruise Critic.

Judith and I are somewhat concerned about going because we both have limited walking and climbing skills. We are going to do the best we can and expect to be pooped when we get off the ship which is why we are spending the night in Tampa before driving home.

I do not get a "kick back" for posting about this and I somehow don't think I will get any RCI Cruise Points for going.

I will do a report on the cruise when we get home.

Hi Trainman 2 and Judith,

I was excited to see you up on the boards. Thought maybe you were going on a Royal cruise :) We're giving it 1 more try(we're both "evil smokers") and see if we're not too inconvenienced.

Can't wait to see your review.

It looks amazing to be able to sail on a WW-II vessel. I will be following along.

I'm also enjoying your blog "Our New House In The Country" . Your house and it's land look amazing.

Your Goozols and dogs are adorable and your photos are beautiful.

I especially love the one of the Farm after the rain. You can see the reflection of the sky in the water.

I check back everyday to what new adventure you both are having:D

Thanks for taking us along

Liz

We did cancel all of our RCI Cruises!

Quitting Smoking has been on my list of things to do for a long time and after I succeed we will sail on RCI again.

This cruise is not an RCI cruise!

Does this mean you won't be joining us on the Freedom December 2014? :(

Archived