zuirderdam suite 7142

pup931

going on panama canal cruise in November of 2014. Since im a 3rd generation Zonian from the canal zone im excited to be back. However, I usually use RCL and stay in Grand Suite but this time we booked HAL and staying in suite 7142 in the aft with wrap around balcony. Is this a good cabin? This is my first post. Any feedback would be great!

An aft-wrap cabin is the best for lots of reasons

1. Balcony will hold 25 folks along the railing if you like to entertain

2. Nearly 270 degrees of view and great for photography

3. You can escape weather by just going around the corner of the balcony

4. In room internet repeater so the best internet speed on the ship

5. Short elevator ride to Lido pool, Lido Restaurant, and Main Dining Room

6. Low foot traffic so no little hallway noise

7. Lots of furniture on the balcony

etc.

Aft wraps are our favorite cabin location.

We were in 7142 this past May for Alaska. We loved it. The suite itself is not as spacious as the SA. However, that balcony aft wrap is awesome. Our good friends, Ken & Sue, try to get 7142 every chance they can. The only reason we were able to get it this past May is they had 7142 booked, then decided to get a Penthouse Suite. We lucked out and were able to get 7142 when they did that. There were a few of us on the wait list for that cabin. You will love it and your views will be awesome! We have several pics of the cabin and balcony. If you would like for me to email them to you, send me an email to legalslaveatneb.rr.com replace the word at for the symbol.

Diane

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

One thing -- you will want to be on the bow of the ship as you begin to enter the Gatun Locks. Also you will can to try the Panama Buns.

Your SB cabin also entitles you to the use of the Neptune Lounge where you can get all kinds of goodies from 7 AM - 8 PM. Also you will have use of the Pinnacle Grill for breakfast -- just check the main dining room times for when it is open for breakfast -- listed n your daily On Location program.

I prefer any of the forward decks above the bow - they give a much wider viewing angle without getting people in your pictures.

All were closed off on Oosterdam except for Lido in front of the Fitness Center. We hoped the forward deck on Deck 7 would be available but closed off with "Crew Only" signs on the doors in the hallway.

Thanks for feedback everybody. Since we spend a lot of time in our cabin, I was worried 7142 wouldn't be big enough since the others are larger but I guess you make up for it on the wrap,around. We tried for 5190 but was booked

I am the "Ken" that Legalslave mentioned above. We love the aft wraps on the Rotterdam Deck and have booked that cabin on all of our three upcoming cruises. As mentioned, the cabin is a little smaller than an SA but the large deck makes up for the loss of space. Also. being on the same deck as the Neptune Lounge is a plus.

Thanks Ken! We were concerned just how much smaller it was but the deck sells it. We hope it will be nice out there in November

Loved it!! You can seee the photos that I took of 7142 here (Scroll nearly to the bottom of the page and you can click on each photo to see it normal sized) http://abqreunion2008.com/Zuiderdam/Deck-7.html

You can also look at the photos for 7151 as that is a mirror image of 7142.

Joanie

Archived