Fcc

deerby27

Yes ... but it has changed in favor of the company. Onboard credit is based upon type of stateroom and length of cruise ... for us, it's negligible. It begins at $25. The advantage is that the $100/pp serves as the deposit, so we don't have to fork over additional money for a cruise that may be a year away. It was once good for four years ... now it's two, with an option to extend it for another two. In both cases, it's fully refundable.

Yes ... but it has changed in favor of the company. Onboard credit is based upon type of stateroom and length of cruise ... for us, it's negligible. It begins at $25. The advantage is that the $100/pp serves as the deposit, so we don't have to fork over additional money for a cruise that may be a year away. It was once good for four years ... now it's two, with an option to extend it for another two. In both cases, it's fully refundable.

My wife and I went on a BVE in San Francisco recently for the express purpose of purchasing 4 more FCC.

It's a No Lose thing! :D

LuLu

~~~~

Why is it free money. I don't understand. My husband and I both bought FCC on our last cruise, but forgot we had it when we booked our upcoming cruise at the end of this month. :confused::confused::confused:

The "free money" would be the OBC credits that you would have received. The deposit money would have been applied to your cruise down payment. In any case you need to remember to use the FCC when booking. BTW, when we've done the FCC program in the past it was always nice to have a few extra bucks to spend with the OBC no matter how small it was.

Another thing, I would try to call Princess or the TA to see if you could still use the FCC on your upcoming cruise. It couldn't hurt to try.

Sorry to ask this, as I can't find it on their web.

Do I have this right? One can purchase a cruise credit for $100, and based on the room type you reserve for your next cruise, it will determine the OBC?

thanks.

Yes, you have it exactly right. You put down $100 and you get a Future Cruise Credit (which will automatically show up on the "My Princess" section of Princess's website, so you can keep track of how many you have and what their expiration dates are), which you can then use as the full deposit for any cruise (with exceptions for the World Cruise) you book.

Once you put down your FCC to book the new cruise, you will be credited OBC on that cruise, the amount of which will be determined by two things: the length of the cruise and the cabin type you've booked.

FCCs are per person. If you're booking as a couple, each person needs their own in order to get the OBC. You can't buy FCCs for anyone not onboard with you on the cruise you're buying them on. They're good for two years from date of purchase, with the option to call and have them extended for an additional two years.

I think that's everything!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived