MUST HAVE foods on Princess

vent1020

My greatest UN-guilty pleasure on any Princess ship are the dinner rolls!! Crusty on the outside, soft and tender on the inside. So good that butter is optional!! And I get to feed my fix every night at dinner starting in just a few more days!

I also love the IC's Waldorf Chicken Salad.

I'm not usually a dessert fan, but I love the dessert souffles. Since I'm going on a Christmas cruise, I'll definitely have to have the gingerbread souffle. :D my mother always has the sorbet every night.

Other favorites are pizza...love Princess pizza...and calimari from Sabatinis.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I love the Onion Soup at the Crown Grill and also love the IC but we are going on Diamond Princess next month that doesn't have either of those unfortunately. However I know there will be no shortage of food to enjoy. Especially like the Hot Dogs at the Pool when there is not a long line for them. Are escargots available in the MDR every night?

Was recently put on a gluten free diet to control my migraines (working like a charm!) and have already requested a gluten free menu for the MDR. Anyone have a favorite off the gluten free diet menu? This is going to be my first cruise on my current diet and hoping that their gluten free dishes are as good as what I've enjoyed on the past cruises.

I don't care what diet one may be on - the food not to miss is the dinner roll with butter. Awesome, and consistently good across the Princess fleet.

Yes, and, unlike some other menu items, consistently good! I sometimes dream about those rolls!

The Burrata appetizer in Sabatini's is a must have for me, as I love cheese.

I am still amazed I managed to resist the cheese cart in Sabatini's at dessert time the last cruise. That is also a winner if you are a cheese fan.

Speaking of dairy products, I always have to order the Volcano (the kid's menu's banana split) at least once per cruise in the MDR.

I forgot about the Volcano. I had read about this several times and how people will order it off the kids menu. This has been added to my list!!!!

Another vote for the Pizza. The first thing that I eat on every Princess cruise is a slice around the pool. As everyone is running for the buffet or the MDR for lunch during embarkation, DW is grabbing the special drink from the first server with a tray, and I am eating that pizza....

Then we go graze the buffet...

Enjoy!

Paul

I had planned on eating in the MDR upon boarding the ship, but may have to do this instead. I like the sounds of it, a drink and a slice of pizza. :D

Last spring I had the pasta with clam sauce - think it was actually an appetizer but I ordered it for dinner. It was outstanding! Also just found out (after 8 Princess cruises) that the IC has a small cheeseplate - we had being going to the buffet and making one for our balcony wine afternoons - the one at the IC was super. Enjoy!!!!

Thanks for this. We are bringing wine on board. It'd be nice to stop by the IC and grab a cheese tray before making our way to our cabin for a glass or two of wine.

Appetizers:

Goat Cheese Souffle (that's vote #3 for it on this thread, so you know you've gotta try it!)

Eggplant Parmiagiana

Salad:

the Always-Available Caesar with anchovies

Pasta:

bowtie w/veal mushroom ragout

Desserts:

Love Boat Dream (it's iconic)

Key Lime Pie

Gingerbread Souffle (only on Christmas cruises, but worth sailing at Christmas just to have it. Seriously.)

Other:

the salad bar in the Horizon Court for lunch

The goat cheese souffle has already been added to my "foods to eat" bucket list I have going. I LOVE Eggplant parmigiana and honestly, if you are a Caesar Salad fan, it doesn't get any better than when they use anchovies in it.

I agree with that also. I stopped eating bread about 2 years ago, but no-one is coming between me and Princess bread rolls. There is no way I can give them up!

Ask my wife, I am a BREAD person through and through. I absolutely love any type of bread, rolls, croissants, rye, pumpernickel....etc. So to hear(and this is the first time I have heard this and I have spent years on CC) that their rolls are the best. I think I honestly am now looking forward to this most. :D

I REALLY appreciate all the suggestions. There may be a few things that were suggested, that I just don't like, but I still appreciate suggesting them. Here is my list:

Breakfast sandwich @ IC

Waldorf Chicken Salad @ IC

Fettuccine Alfredo in Parmesan bowl

Escargot

Beef Wellington

Souffle's Both dessert and the Goat Cheese appetizer one

Pistachio Cream @ IC

Pizza by the pool

Afternoon Tea

Love Boat Dream

Tapas and Sushi @ Vines

The Volcano (Kids dessert)

Dinner Rolls

Cheese tray @ IC

Okay, so maybe I'm a little boring but I can't get enough of the rice pudding in the buffet for breakfast....and I'm not usually a rice pudding fan!

Love the smoked salmon and capers every morning as well....

Black and Blue onion soup is delish - although it can be a bit salty

The pizza, burgers and dogs never disappoint and we always make sure to have them at least once.

My biggest problem is that I can never stay hungry enough to eat everything I want to....if I could I'd eat at every venue every day!!

Ask my wife, I am a BREAD person through and through. I absolutely love any type of bread, rolls, croissants, rye, pumpernickel....etc. So to hear(and this is the first time I have heard this and I have spent years on CC) that their rolls are the best. I think I honestly am now looking forward to this most. :D

You will love it. I had an amazing cheese twist in Cafe Caribe on Caribbean Princess last week. It was about 6 to 8 inches long and had alternate coatings of sesame seeds and mustard seeds. It was a little 'hot' but absolutely delicious. The baskets for a 2 top typically contain 4 assorted dinner rolls and 4 breadsticks. Bread throughout the ship is always first class

:)

The peanut butter, chocolate cream at IC - I had it 3 times on our recent cruise! Soooo yummy! Also my vote for the cream Brûlée as well! Enjoy!

This sounds so good, does anyone have a picture? Cruise is in 10 days and I am getting hungry and will make my list as well.:D

You've gotten a lot of good advice.

I have yet to get to Sabatini's, but on my list because of hearing about it so much is the appetizer "Twice-Baked Artichoke Soufflé"

The memory of Princess' bread rolls, which they have several kinds, or really *anything* from their bakery ovens, has my mouth watering.

A long moment of silence please for the dear departed Scalloped Potatoes from the Crown Grill... a perfect dish that will be missed.

If you order a Caesar Salad in the MDR, you can ask for it in a Parmesan Basket.

:D Enjoy!

Just don't try this all in one day!:eek:

I REALLY appreciate all the suggestions. There may be a few things that were suggested, that I just don't like, but I still appreciate suggesting them. Here is my list:

Breakfast sandwich @ IC

Waldorf Chicken Salad @ IC

Fettuccine Alfredo in Parmesan bowl

Escargot

Beef Wellington

Souffle's Both dessert and the Goat Cheese appetizer one

Pistachio Cream @ IC

Pizza by the pool

Afternoon Tea

Love Boat Dream

Tapas and Sushi @ Vines

The Volcano (Kids dessert)

Dinner Rolls

Cheese tray @ IC

Going on the golden this week to celebrate my Halloween bday a little early . . .so excited !!

haven't been on a Princess cruise for 5+ years. . Which restaurants are n/c and which charge a surcharge?

IC is no charge' date=' how about Sabatinis and Crown grill . . .what is else is there besides the MDR and the buffet?[/quote']

The only restaurants that charge a service charge are Sabatinis and the Crown Grill. Also, the place where you get wine and sushi - they charge, of course, for the wine and then the sushi comes with.

No one has mentioned the french toast served on one of the mornings in the main dining room. Very good.

And only one mentioned the cookies. They make the best cookies. We go for them all but will take the oatmeal raisin first, the peanut butter ones second and chocolate third.

I also agree with the black and blue soup. Much better than the MDR french onion. Too salty the last time I tried it.

...just disembarked from the Golden yesterday, and discovered by accident that the menu at the burger grill (Trident Grill, Deck 14) changed at 6pm.

We ordered the following:

Onion Rings....perfectly brown and crunchy crispy! delicious.

Chili....named "Road 66 chili", topped with slices of jalapeno, cheese, and we added onions....it took a couple of seconds after the first taste and it was simply magically spicy and sweet at the same time...wow!

Barbecued Pulled Pork Sandwich...exquisitely tender and juicy...almost had no room left for it because the onion rings were so amazingly large.

All these years and never even knew it existed. Is this available on other Princess ships? If so, we have been missing out. :o

Archived