Crown Princess - Are the aft Mini-Suites on Emerald truly the most coveted?

Tapi

I've been reading reviews on the Crown Princess and several have mentioned that the aft Mini Suites on the Crown (specifically E730 and E731) are the best on the entire ship. Any personal experience with these staterooms? I'm curious why they would be the lowest Mini-Suite category if they are the most coveted.

Thanks for the input! :)

Charles Dickens had this to say about the Emerald Mini-Suites:

They are the best of cabins, they are the worst of cabins, they are booked from wisdom, they are booked from foolishness, they are coveted from the epoch of belief, they are coveted from the epoch of incredulity, they can bring you the season of Light, they can cast you great to the season of Darkness, they are the spring of hope, they are the winter of despair, we had noise beneath us, we had nothing beneath us, we were all going direct to the covered Heavens, we were all going direct the other way – in short, the cabins are so far like the present period, that some of their noisiest authorities insisted on being relocated, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.

We detest being towrd the aft. And we greatly prefer the openess of the other MIni-Suites to the cave-like enclosure of the covered ones. But to each his own, and these are big ships with plenty of choices to satisfy everyone.

We do like a covered balcony. Unfortunately, I had to deal with skin cancer a few years ago so I try to limit my exposure to the Sun as much as possible these days. This is the main reason why the ME mini-suites caught my attention. :)

Good reason to have a covered balcony, of any type, if you have had a bout with skin cancer. The last two mini's you mentioned are especially nice since they have extended balconies and you can see the wake of the ship. We love the aft of the ship because of it's location to the aft pool area & buffet but also because there isn't much traffic back there. As far as noise from the engine or thrusters - it doesn't bother us and it feels nothing like being in a cave when you are on the balcony - IMHO.;) We have E731 booked for two weeks next June for our first B2B and can't wait!

What ever you decide - enjoy your cruise~!

We have had and continue to have PH Suites on the Aloha Deck of the Crown and Ruby. The balcony is 95 percent covered and there is no thruster noise, no odors, no wind, and just a restful peaceful experience at the end of the hall where there is little traffic. It is just a short hop up to the Adult pool and a couple more decks up to Sabatini's, and a few more up to Skywalkers. PH and Mini-Suites on the aft of the ship are really great. Don't knock it if you haven't tried it.

While I love the area and always book in that quadrant, I must say that we dealt with wind on that balcony like we've never experienced before. The wind would whip around the balcony since it was so open towards aft. It was a huge fantastic balcony, but wind was a factor since it is not surrounded on both sides. I don't recall others saying this, so I'm not sure it was not just a random thing on our cruise.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

We Have sailed in E 730, or E 731 four times and we are in E 730 on our November cruise on the Emerald. We absolutely love these cabins, never had wind issues. If you desire, a large, very private cabin and balcony, 'ya might wanna consider one of these.

Sailed on the Crown in 2012 in E730 on a back to back. Loved it so much that we will be in this cabin in January for another back to back. To be able to look aft and also see to the front, Priceless!

No wind or noise problems with us.

Covered balcony has lots of sun at some part of the day, also great if it is raining.

We had E731 on both the Crown and the Emerald. We loved those balconies and that area of the ship. We enjoyed the privacy on the balcony and it's quiet back there in the stern. On the Golden we had a Dolphin deck mini and swore never again! We hated being observed (or it seemed that way) by everyone in the decks above. If I couldn't get an Emerald mini I would go for a Carib deck balcony. Those balconies are big and at least 1/2 covered.

I've been reading reviews on the Crown Princess and several have mentioned that the aft Mini Suites on the Crown (specifically E730 and E731) are the best on the entire ship. Any personal experience with these staterooms? I'm curious why they would be the lowest Mini-Suite category if they are the most coveted.

Thanks for the input! :)

Some people just prefer the openness of the Dolphin Deck minis or a more mid-ship location; some like the sound of the screws churning the water (me) and some don't (my wife). I am surprised by the price structure, though; shhh, don't tell Princess: but most of us would pay a lot more for E730 or E731.

I had the last mini aft on Sapphire and I wouldn't book it again. There's nothing more to see because the balcony is larger, the view is the same.. It does not wrap around so you won't see the wake. It is a far walk from the elevator/Stairs especially if you're carrying something back to your cabin from the buffet. I always book a mini on Emerald deck for the covered balcony and try to get closest to the elevator.

Archived