A "Free Cruise" scam?

shipgeeks

Was it, by any chance, the Caribbean Cruise Line? (no "Royal" in front of it) Caribbean Cruise Line is not a cruise line at all. They don't own or operate any ships. It's a timeshare agency that also acts as the vendor for the Celebration Cruise Line, an obscure line that owns only one ship: Bahamas Celebration, which sails only to Freeport (not the nicest port, but not too shabby, either). And I'm sure the agency's name is intentional; I confused it Royal Caribbean at first myself. Which raises even more questions, because it's suspicious for a well-established cruise line like RCI to be relying on sketchy timeshare vendors to sell its cruises.

Yes, I think it might have been. When she first told me about it, she kept saying Caribbean Cruise Line. I said "no such line", she said "of course there is", and after much back and forth, she said "Surely you've heard of Royal Caribbean".

I'm still trying to sort it out with her, but losing hope that she'll be able to recover her money and/or get a nice cruise out of it. Thank you for your clarification, and the input from all the responders.

Yeah there is tons of them scams. We were in St Thomas and there was people making everone scratch these cards telling you that you won a free cruise and I kept telling my DW no lets go but she was slowly falling for it then after he said you have to go attend a meeting it clicked in to her it was a scam.. I said lets go.. then the guy was mad at me for wasiting his time and I told him I am sorry we don't have a lot of time here and I don't want to sit there and listen to time share stories.. Funny then we went down the corner and another guy was doing the same thing. First they ask oh your from Canada eh, then they say No USA, then England.. Its quite annoying after a while .. You have to watch out for these free cruise scams all the time..

Bad enough we get them captain calling phone calls once a month at least

I've received three calls in the past two weeks about my "winning a free cruise". I just hang up. I'm not sending money to Nigeria either.

I once got an email from a friend of mine who was stuck in London because his money and passport were stolen and he just wanted to get back home. Problem was he was from Iran but had lived in the US for well over twenty years. His English was fine. The person sending me the email asked that I wire them $400 for him to get back home but his phrasing wasn't right. Nor was the way he signed off. So, knowing it was a scam I decided to have fun. I asked what about paying for the hotel and whether Judy, insinuating his wife, was with him and did she need money to get home as well. Yes, yes, was the response, for both Judy and me. So I wrote back again and asked who the h*ll was Judy and why was he traveling without his wife? Gosh, golly, never heard from them again. We had to call my friend to tell him his email was hacked.

I've lost it, unfortunately, but I used to have a website by a guy who carried a scam to the extreme. It involved money in Africa. He even made arrrangements to fly there (Not really) and meet the scammer, and later told him he couldn't find him in the airport. It was hilarious!!!.

Yes, I think it might have been. When she first told me about it, she kept saying Caribbean Cruise Line. I said "no such line", she said "of course there is", and after much back and forth, she said "Surely you've heard of Royal Caribbean".

I'm still trying to sort it out with her, but losing hope that she'll be able to recover her money and/or get a nice cruise out of it. Thank you for your clarification, and the input from all the responders.

Ooh I've seen their infomercials. By the time you pay to go on their "cruise" you would have spent less going with a reputable cruise line. I hope your friend can recoup her money.

I got 100% of my cruise fare back as a future cruise credit to use on a 7+ day longer cruise in 2013 or 2014 with princess. Is it a scam or is there such a thing as 100% of your fare rewarded back to you as a future cruise credit. So buy 1 cruise and get 1 free. Is that a scam or what???

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1928083

http://www.princess.com/html/global/promotions/PC_PC_RAX/offer_details.html

princess.pdf

Full page photo.pdf

I got 100% of my cruise fare back as a future cruise credit to use on a 7+ day longer cruise in 2013 or 2014 with princess. Is it a scam or is there such a thing as 100% of your fare rewarded back to you as a future cruise credit. So buy 1 cruise and get 1 free. Is that a scam or what???

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1928083

http://www.princess.com/html/global/promotions/PC_PC_RAX/offer_details.html

Sounds like Princess desperately wants to sell cabins on some sailings. Actually it seems like a good marketing strategy. Princess sells cabins. Some people will never use the FCC. Those who do will likely spend twice as much on the future cruise (it has to be 7+ days in comparison to the 3 or 4 day one) plus all the extra onboard spending they will do.

Archived