Warm. Chocolate. Melting. Cake.

edmusic

Ah, yes. WCMC. The one and only.

It is actually one of the things that I look forward to on Carnival cruises. I have actually (gasp) sailed a few other lines in the past and they did NOT serve WCMC. It hit me at that point how much I missed the stuff on board a cruise.

I like it. Sometimes it is better than other times, sometimes it is undercooked, pudding-like and other times it is over-cooked, almost cake-like. Usually you can find overcooked/has-been-sitting-out-too-long WCMC on the lido dinner buffet if you are not a MDR person. I order it almost every night on board, rarely finish it because I usually combine it with another awesome dessert concoction :D. Just a taste is enough usually, but it is very rich and hard to completely finish-especially if you just ate two starters, two entrees and had a couple drinks beforehand lol.

I too have the recipe for WCMC at home(they give it to you if you take the behind the fun tour or galley tour too) and I even have ramekins at home to cook it in. I rarely make it though because you have to have a large gathering of people who want it in order to make a batch or too much goes to waste.

So yeah, marketing ploy or not for Carnival, WCMC is a classic that should never be messed with. Kinda like coca-cola but that is for another place haha.

FlyingCruiserNJ

Edited by FlyingCruiserNJ

I love sweet, desserts, and chocolate, but WCMC just doesn't do it for me. It taste bitter like dark chocolate to me. One of our local restaurants has a milk chocolate lava cake that is out of this world!

Now the Grand Marnier Souffle, that is amazing!

You can make it at home. Just mix some choc cake batter or brownie mix in a microwave bowl and heat it for a few secs. Just off the Fantasy and tried it again hoping it would be better, but no luck. Still choc soup.

Just ask for it well done and it will be like a cake. I always do that and it works.

I love WCMC. I love chocolate desserts and have a hard time finding chocolate desserts I enjoy on cruise ships. Most of the time I just get ice cream for dessert because none of the dessert choices appeal to me. But I can always count on Carnival to have a dessert I love which is WCMC. I order it every night for my dessert.

I've cut back on mine. I used to order it every night but with the diet orange cake, and sherbet, I don't need it. Now if they offered creme brulee, that would be another story!:D

I like the WCMC but crème brulee is my favorite. I was disappointed that they only offered it once on my 12 day Baltic cruise. But I did finally get to try Bitter'n'Blanc. It was good, too. And I enjoyed a lot of desserts at the buffet at lunchtime.

And what's wrong with that? One reason I'm glad to be an adult. No one to tell me I have to eat all my dinner first! Sometimes I START with dessert!

WCMC--my son orders it from room service every.single.night. on the cruise before he goes to bed. Of course, he has a BMI of 12. I hate him.

It has never been offered on Room Service menus on any ships I've been on. Where did he get it? (Never seen it on lido deck either)

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg "I can see Carnival Miracle and Inspiration from my porch" (to paraphrase Tina Fey as S. Palin)

I still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar-free vanilla ice-creams!)

• 5 weeks later...

Glad to know I am not the Only one who doesn't see what all the hype is about with this cake! :confused: My husband really likes it with lots of ice cream. I on the other hand, absolutely love their version of the Black Forest Cake with the cherries, chocolate, and whipped cream....that is to die for!!!! The crème brulee is a close second.

To each his own as they say, and hope they have my black forest cake when we leave on the Dream in 7 days!!!!:D

After all the talk about it here, I wasn't impressed with it. It tasted like an under hooked, microwaved cake. The other "CC favorite" - cheesecake at the steakhouse was hands down the worst cheesecake I've ever had.

After reading all the raves about it, I couldn't wait to try it either. I had the ice cream with it, didn't care for it.

It's ok.

I find cruise food to be on par with banquet food. Never had anything in the MDR that gets me excited. Reminds me of the people that talk about lobster night like it is something not to be missed. When you enjoy fresh Main lobster with no need for butter, it is hard to sink your teeth into some frozen, farm raised spiny tail crustacean that needs to be dunked and soaked in butter to get any taste.

To each their own.

Edited by Tutankhamen