First time cruiser and poster here...

JimS4210

Hi everyone,

My wife (Michelle) and I (Jim) are from Philly and we just booked our first cruise last week! We'll be sailing on the Norwegian Pearl out of Seattle headed for Alaska on June 22, 2014. I figured since it's our first cruise and our first time in Alaska we'd do it right, so I booked a minisuite aft. :)

I've been reading as much as I can on these boards, trying to learn as much as I can about our ports of calls, excursion options and cruising in general.You folks really know your stuff! So much information, I'm getting sensory overload!

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. I'm sure I'll have many questions in the upcoming months. :D

Jim

Hi everyone,

My wife (Michelle) and I (Jim) are from Philly and we just booked our first cruise last week! We'll be sailing on the Norwegian Pearl out of Seattle headed for Alaska on June 22, 2014. I figured since it's our first cruise and our first time in Alaska we'd do it right, so I booked a minisuite aft. :)

I've been reading as much as I can on these boards, trying to learn as much as I can about our ports of calls, excursion options and cruising in general.You folks really know your stuff! So much information, I'm getting sensory overload!

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. I'm sure I'll have many questions in the upcoming months. :D

Jim

Welcome to CC Michelle and Jim!

You've booked a wonderful cruise and here's a link you might enjoy http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1916287 this was posted recently by a member who did the Alaska cruise on the Jewel. The Pearl is a sister ship to the Jewel. Lots of great photos!

An Aft Mini Suite is a great cabin, but do keep in mind that you do not receive any of the standard suite perks. To receive the suite perks (well worth it IMO) you would need to upgrade to an Aft Penthouse Suite.

Come and join the NCL board at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=107 and you'll find lots of tips and interesting info.

Hi everyone,

Jim

Welcome to CC! :D Don't forget to check out the Alaska board and your roll call.

Hi everyone,

Jim

Welcome to Cruise Critic Jim. Congrats on booking your first cruise, you are both in for a terrific adventure, cruising is such pure joy and magic. You unpack once, stroll up the gangway and you're on vacation.

Here is a link to the Roll Calls for the Norwegian Pearl. I did not yet see one created for your voyage. Basically, these are groups of people all taking the same cruise. You can keep looking for one to be created or start your own here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=392

Roll Calls are great because you chat with fellow cruise mates about, the ship, excursions, cruising, special on Cruise Critic events on board and everything under the sun.

Have a great cruise.

Jonathan

Hi everyone,

Jim

Congratulations on booking your first cruise and welcome to Cruise Critic!

Whether or not you 'did it right' is really a personal preference. However, that said, your first cruise is always special and you will enjoy your aft minisuite. The problem is that you will be so spoiled that you will have a problem on future cruises picking your cabin category. Our first cruise was a good price on a Concierge Class balcony on Celebrity. Now, we can't cruise without a balcony so the decision to taking a cruise is also making a decision to spend the extra dollars for a balcony. Of course, if this the hardest decision you will ever make in your life - you have a wonderful life!!! :D

Your first cruise sounds wonderful. Spend some time on the NCL boards and ask your cruise line/ship specific questions there. They are a wealth of knowledge and don't let the few negative people get to you.

I should warn you that cruising is addictive! :eek:

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I gotta admit, we're a little nervous. We're a Disney family. We've been Disney Vacation Club members for more than 10 years, so most of our vacations are in Orlando (or the Jersey Shore). My wife wanted to take a Disney cruise, but I wanted to try something different. We did take a two week trip out West this past June, stopping in Grand Teton, Yellowstone and Glacier National Parks and loved every minute of it, so we're ready to expand our horizons :)

Thanks again!

Jim

You are aware that as of next summer how you look and think about a vacation will be forever changed!:D

We took our 1st in 1987, and our kids on their 1st cruise in 1993, 10 years later our DD went to work on ship:)

Welcome to CC, and remember there is never, ever a silly question! ( no matter what some may say :rolleyes:)

Archived