Wine that you bring onboard

bakerintn

If one bring wine onboard NCL, pays the corkage fee and gets the stickers, but wants the white wine chilled, how do you do that?

Can you take your "stickered" bottles to a bar and have them store them in a cooler....bring them to a restaurant and ask the wine steward to do that...or just keep them in your cabin in an ice bucket and let the labels come off??

Knowing what you did would be helpful...Thanks

Exactly that. Wine can be given for refridgiration/storage through any Maitre D' even at night time if they are not busy - at least on Star (where Italian is on deck 6 by the bar city) we have given our wine there when walking past.

give it to your dining room waiter the night before or go in at lunchtime and see the dining room captain. never had a problem in the past.

Will the dinning room captain take your wine on embarkation day? Twice I've asked the waiter at lunch on Embarkation day and was told No they couldn't take it. So I waited until dinner. (I always leave my wine with the wine steward)

Have a good n blessed day:)

to carry this thread a bit further... if i pay corkage on 6 bottles and i only open/consume 4, will ncl rebate the corkage on the 2 i take back? and if so, is this handled by guest relations?

thank you

roger

to carry this thread a bit further... if i pay corkage on 6 bottles and i only open/consume 4, will ncl rebate the corkage on the 2 i take back? and if so, is this handled by guest relations?

thank you

roger

Yes - after 6 or 7 pm on the last night they will at guest services.

would you be charged a corkage fee for a bottle of Sangria with a screw off style cap? wanted to keep a bottle in the room.

Yes - the corkage fee is not really a fee for removing a cork. It is to make up for lost revenue for you NOT buying your wine on the ship.

Can someone post what the amount of the corkage fee is? Thanks

$15 per 750 ml bottle. No box wines allowed. No limit to the number of bottles.

from the NCL website (FAQs)

Wine & Champagne Policy

Guests may bring bottles of wine and champagne on board. When bottles are brought on board and served or consumed in any restaurant, public room area or in their stateroom, a corkage fee will be charged according to bottle sizes noted below.

750 ml Bottle: $15.00

1,500 ml Magnum: $30.00

Wine or champagne sent directly to the ship by travel agents, friends, family, etc. or from another retail source, are subject to the same fees. Box wines are not allowed on board.

$15 per 750 ml bottle. No box wines allowed. No limit to the number of bottles.

from the NCL website (FAQs)

Wine & Champagne Policy

Guests may bring bottles of wine and champagne on board. When bottles are brought on board and served or consumed in any restaurant, public room area or in their stateroom, a corkage fee will be charged according to bottle sizes noted below.

750 ml Bottle: $15.00

1,500 ml Magnum: $30.00

Wine or champagne sent directly to the ship by travel agents, friends, family, etc. or from another retail source, are subject to the same fees. Box wines are not allowed on board.

Wait... I can bring as many bottles as I want? I don't want to sound like a wine-o :o but if this is the case, we'll bring a bottle or two for each day we're going to be cruising. :D

Wait... I can bring as many bottles as I want? I don't want to sound like a wine-o :o but if this is the case, we'll bring a bottle or two for each day we're going to be cruising. :D

I brought 11 for my TA this spring - you just have to carry them on.

I brought 11 for my TA this spring - you just have to carry them on.

And when do they add the cork fee? We carried wine onto a carnival cruise and opened it in our room, we were never charged. Based on what I've read above I'm thinking NCL does this differently?

And when do they add the cork fee? We carried wine onto a carnival cruise and opened it in our room, we were never charged. Based on what I've read above I'm thinking NCL does this differently?

After you pass through security in the terminal you will be sent to a table where the the NCL person will record on a log each of your bottles of wine and put a sticker on each one. The cork fee will be added to your onboard account at that time.

After you pass through security in the terminal you will be sent to a table where the the NCL person will record on a log each of your bottles of wine and put a sticker on each one. The cork fee will be added to your onboard account at that time.

Ahh, ok. That's different than what carnival does. Awesome. Thanks so much for the info!

Yes I agree. It's different from CCL. They allowed me to carry only one 750 ml bottle per person without a corkage fee. So we were limited to only 2 bottles.

NCL allows us to bring on as many as we can carry with the $15 per bottle.

I prefer CCL's method since we usually don't consume more than two bottles of wine on a cruise. We are the type that even prefer virgin piña coladas!

And we put our wine in the mini fridge in our room to get them cooled. (We actually are not "Real" wine drinkers anyhow):o:o

thank you

roger

Leftover Wine??? Never heard of such a thing, how does that happen??

Lynda

Does anyone know if you can drink the bottles of wine from the wine package anywhere on the ship or are you restricted to drinking it in the dining rooms. Would like to have one to drink on deck when we sailaway.

If there still are decent wine packages (there have been several mentions that at least Viva Vino hasn't been available on some ships recently), you should be able to drink them anywhere you want - if you don't take the bottles with you when purchasing (not necessarily even possible) they should give you vouchers for every bottle you've purchased in the package so you can redeem the voucher and take the bottle to go from pretty much any bar etc.

Archived