Free Wi-fi at Nassau pier??

lego7191

Posted this on Bahamas board but hoping for a quick answer and not sure how much traffic that board gets.

For recent Nassau cruisers - does the big building that houses the shops at the end of the pier still offer free Wi-Fi?

thanks in advance!

I recommend you take the short walk through town to Duncan Donuts. They always have good wifi in there... and good coffee... and good donuts! You do have to buy something to get their code. Did I mention good donuts?:D

I will be there Tuesday and I'll post something if I find out they have wifi in the port terminal.

You can follow my adventure to Nassau and other places aboard the Carnival Victory at this cruisecritic link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1928390

Bob

Searching for Kokomo

Just returned onboard Oasis...and "no" free wifi anywhere..we used a bar across from an internet cafe (you had to buy at least a drink) which was ok with us...You were just able to access (no code necessary) but those that just walked up and tried, they were quickly shooed away by a large employee that kept watch.

• 3 weeks later...

Docked in Nassau last week; NO wifi at Festival Place any longer; shows network is there, but no way to access. Not a single crew member was there either (definite sign no wifi) as there were usually about 25 or so with their laptops going at it.................very disappointing; the day pass at the British Colonial Hilton (next to the Froggie) does have free wifi :)

Just a heads up for those who want to connect. Nassau is having a big issue with these networks being hacked. Gov't is trying to get it figured out. In the meantime, I wouldn't connect to any network (even a paid login) with a device that has bank info, logins or anything else that should be secure.

Even our home networks are being compromised.

• 3 weeks later...
Has this problem been solved yet? Normally, I wouldn't care, but I may have someone contacting me about a job interview while I'm on vacation.

No. it's been a problem for quite some time, Not sure it will ever be "fixed".

I just wouldn't use a computer with bank or personall info on it.

Perhaps a phone or tablet would be more secure.