All Things Breakaway (secrets, tibits, to do)

gizmo911

There is a wonderful thread All things Epic and I was hoping that we can do the same to help those of us cruising on the Breakaway for the first time.

Please share things from special things you did, places/areas of the ship you perhaps stumbled upon, which main restaurant was best to have dinner and what you tried, what are some must dos, see, and haves. Best onboard entertainments other than shows, what did you experience that you would like to try again, where do you get good coffee, etc. You can comment on Entertainment, Cabins, Restaurants, Common places, Nightlife....

Come on please share everything.......

Edited by gizmo911

There is a wonderful thread All things Epic and I was hoping that we can do the same to help those of us cruising on the Breakaway for the first time.

Please share things from special things you did, places/areas of the ship you perhaps stumbled upon, which main restaurant was best to have dinner and what you tried, what are some must dos, see, and haves. Best onboard entertainments other than shows, what did you experience that you would like to try again, where do you get good coffee, etc. You can comment on Entertainment, Cabins, Restaurants, Common places, Nightlife....

Come on please share everything.......

There's a real lack of electrical outlets in your cabin so don't forget to bring along a power strip. It's good to carry a little penlight with you too. You need it to find the little doojigger thing you stick your room card in as it also turns on the lights. If you're not worried about being "green", you can use any discount card you have and leave that in the slot all the time.

If you go to Moderno be careful of that salad bar. It's fantastic, but it will fill you up fast and you have 11 kinds of meat to sample. They're all great, and they are quite free about giving you seconds and thirds! Everyone will tell you about the wings and fish and chips at O'Sheehans and they are great as advertised, but don't forget to try the chicken pot pie. Don't miss the gelato stand out on the board walk. They change the flavors every day or so. Keep an eye out for the Cappucino flavor. Wow! And try to find the Sabrett hot dog stand if you can. It moves around and it's only open for about an hour a day, but they're real Sabrett dogs in a steamed bun with all the right condiments. They're free and they rock! :D

There's a real lack of electrical outlets in your cabin so don't forget to bring along a power strip. It's good to carry a little penlight with you too. You need it to find the little doojigger thing you stick your room card in as it also turns on the lights. If you're not worried about being "green", you can use any discount card you have and leave that in the slot all the time.

If you go to Moderno be careful of that salad bar. It's fantastic, but it will fill you up fast and you have 11 kinds of meat to sample. They're all great, and they are quite free about giving you seconds and thirds! Everyone will tell you about the wings and fish and chips at O'Sheehans and they are great as advertised, but don't forget to try the chicken pot pie. Don't miss the gelato stand out on the board walk. They change the flavors every day or so. Keep an eye out for the Cappucino flavor. Wow! And try to find the Sabrett hot dog stand if you can. It moves around and it's only open for about an hour a day, but they're real Sabrett dogs in a steamed bun with all the right condiments. They're free and they rock! :D

Great info, thanks for sharing !

If you're not worried about being "green", you can use any discount card you have and leave that in the slot all the time.

And try to find the Sabrett hot dog stand if you can. It moves around and it's only open for about an hour a day, but they're real Sabrett dogs in a steamed bun with all the right condiments. They're free and they rock! :D

You can use anything....piece of cardboard, for example.

The hours (usually 12 - 4) for the hot dog carts, and their locations, are listed in the Freestyle Daily.

Bring beverages! We fill a cooler with soda and water, and put a luggage tag on it. We check it in with our luggage at the curb. When you get to your room, ask your room steward to empty the fridge. You can then fill it up with your own goodies.

We really enjoyed Wasabi Sushi Bar, perfect for a late afternoon, pre-dinner snack.

Also, the Howl at the Moon Dueling Piano's had some really good moments. It all depends on the audience but we had fun there.

O'Sheehan's Pot Pie as noted earlier is awesome, 24/7.

Deck 17 Forward Sundeck (way forward) has cabana loungers and was always lightly attended and quiet even on sea days with an overbooked cruise.

This is all great info -- we are sailing in less than 3 weeks. I think I'm going to go for that pot pie for sure!

I was wondering what is the best restaurant to go to when you first board. We prefer table service -- mom is in a scooter and it's difficult to navigate the buffet. Looking for a nice relaxing lunch before sailaway.

Taste/Savor will be open (I forget which side it is) on embarkation day. We love going to the MDR when we get onboard, it makes it really feel like our cruise is starting.

I must echo the sentiments on Wasabi sushi bar. Go go go! I found it delicious, and it made an awesome lunch.

Don't miss the ropes course and walking the plank. The feeling you get looking out and seeing nothing but blue sky and blue ocean is exhilarating.

Try going to the pool around dinner time. We did that, and had the entire pool and a hot tub all to ourselves for about 30-40 minutes.

The O'Sheehan's bar menu is not as large as the sit down restaurant side (neither are too large). But we would ask the bartenders on occasion to get something from the restaurant side and they obliged without question and with a smile. Great guys.

They post the restaurant menu right by the reception podium at the restaurant.

Ditto on the ocean blu lobster roll and the crab tostada. Simply wonderful.

If you are getting a spa treatment and they take you to room 15, request a different room. 15 is directly under the weight room and the thudding and shaking (literally) does not make for a relaxing treatment!

The first thing I did last week was to slip a business card into the slot and everything came on. When we got back to the cabin later our steward had replaced it with a fake card.

The best meal of the week was at Le Bistro, and that is going some because most were excellent.

This is all great info -- we are sailing in less than 3 weeks. I think I'm going to go for that pot pie for sure!

I was wondering what is the best restaurant to go to when you first board. We prefer table service -- mom is in a scooter and it's difficult to navigate the buffet. Looking for a nice relaxing lunch before sailaway.

Don't forget to post some secrets, best things to do and try when you get back. Have a wonderful time.

This is excellent timing, as I'm on the 10/20 sailing and starting to pack. What are the current evening theme parties? I've lost track of white hot/80s/neon/etc...

Don't forget to bring us back some info, tips, etc.

Unusual tip. You can have personalized bobble heads made in the photo dept. They have all kinds of figures to chose fro, sports, bride and groom, etc....

They come out really good. We were unprepared first time on board but will bring better pictures with us next time in 3 weeks.

I check numerous sites on line and prices are cheaper on the Breakaway (still quite steep) and the quality looks better

We plan to have some bride and grooms made for our kids anniversaries.

As others have said dont miss the free fall slide....the purble slide is the fastest ...the yellow slide is a tad slower.

But remember when you do the free fall slide be sure to either wear nose plugs or hold your nose...because when you hit the bottom....water comes hard and fast from everywhere.... (i thought i was drowning:D:D) Much more so than the others.... You dont expect it at all!!! we all want to do a 'do over' but then the tube broke...so was unable to slide again that time!!

Edited by tiffygirl

On board now. Hanging in Spice H20 @ PC. Cruise has been fantastic. Loving the studio cabins. A little secret for me was the prime rib dinner at Osheehans on the 1st night. Even with football on atrium screen the restaurant wasnt over crowded

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Forums mobile app

uptown grill is a lightly used covered open air lunch and breakfast spot. its on 16 I think aft nice little out of the way spot. hell we didn't find it till day 5 and sorry we didn't find it sooner.

O Sheehans has an added ice cream menu, you pay extra but the sundaes are yummy.

You can charge buy in for the poker tournaments to your room card

Dailies aren't in your room the first day, you have to get one from guest services....or at least I did.

Soda in the mini bar is the same price as if you order it in a restaurant, so enjoy!