How many times do you sail a year?

AXiDMonica

Started cruising January 2006 and just finished our 30th cruise. We do 3-5 a year and with ones booked we will be Diamond by October 2014. Yes, we are a little addicted. :o Have to admit 5 a year is almost to much with road trips. But if a last minute cruise shows up ya just gotta do it!! ;)

Keep on booking!!

Kat

Thankfully, we're in great health, so we're taking advantage of the incredible deals out there. We just returned from a glorious trip through the Norwegian Fjords, and will be cruising to the Caribbean from Houston (December) and Galveston (March) ... less than an hour's drive. We've already booked two more for later ... Eastern Mediterranean (Sept. 2014) and Southeast Asia (Feb. 2015 ... one-time itinerary). I'm sure we'll squeeze in at least one more Caribbean trip between the two.

One or two times / holidays... with land vacation. 4 or 5 weeks per holidays but only one time per year.

We could take holidays sailing in Europe... It will be cheaper and easier for us. But we hate it ! US & Caribbean are soooo awesome ! :o

I prefer doing 1 cruise in the caribbean than 5 in Europe.

Just curious... This has been a good "cruise" year for me with 4 sailings.

How many times do you sail per year? :)

0-2. It all depends. In the last 13 years, since we started sailing, we have done the following: 7 of those years we went 1x per year, 4 of those years we did not sailed at all, 2 of those years we sailed 2x per year. In between sailings there have been Motorhome trips (until my kids grew too big for the Motorhome and didn't fit on the beds - DS now 6'8" and DD 5' 11 1/2") including a trip to Niagra Falls and around Lake Erie, family land trips to NY, Chicago, Detroit, Myrtle Beach, Toledo, Macinaw Island, Tampa Bay, West Palm Beach, Daytona, Wisconsin Dells, Cedar Point, Six Flag's Great America, WDW, Universal Studios, King's Island, Traverse City, Macinaw Island, Petosky, UP, Mall of America and more than a few adult only trips to the Las Vegas region (Bryce Canyon, Zion, Grand Canyon, etc). We like to mix it up :D.

We try to cruise to a warm place in January which is our annversary month and another at any time if there are cool new ships we have not sailed; definitely sailing Quantum in 2014.

Every other year is at least one big land trip; looking at The Galapagos and/or Botswana in 2015.

We had been on three cruises, they were world cruises. Next year is also world cruise, plus Alaska cruise. 2015 will be the longest 180 day world cruise on Oceania.

My family lives in France, we were there two months ago and will be there again next month.

We enjoy good food and shows. We go to Las Vegas one in every two months.

Happy cruising

M

We try to cruise to a warm place in January which is our annversary month and another at any time if there are cool new ships we have not sailed; definitely sailing Quantum in 2014.

Every other year is at least one big land trip; looking at The Galapagos and/or Botswana in 2015.

We were in Botswana early this year. Love it!

M

Good googly mooguly! I can barely afford my budget 7 day to Mexico! I couldn't imagine paying for a cruise every year, much less multiple.

At one time that was me :) not too long ago (about 5 years) but things change, jobs change, pay raises etc...

We didn't change how we lived financially so we just squirrel more money away..

Now if I could only get more vacation days!!!!!!! That's my hold up right now lol

Archived