Pharmacy?

Derbie

Not trying to start any arguments on bringing back anything; however, I would like to find a good pharmacy. I want to purchase a bottle of Latisse.

Thanks for any recommendations.

Where? :confused: Sorry, but it's hard for readers to make a recommendation when you don't indicate where you are travelling to, which would explain the lack of responses. Try again with a tad more detail...

Well, I'll take a shot at answering, after I make an assumption about where you are traveling to. :)

Since you're posting in the St. Martin Forum, I assume that you are traveling to St. Martin/St. Maarten.

There are a couple readily accessible pharmacies right in downtown Philipsburg. They are both close to the Water Taxi stops and certainly walkable from the Cruise Facility.

There's a Pharmacy in the St. Rose Arcade, a small shopping area directly on the Boardwalk, and another, larger, just a few blocks away. From Frontstreet (the main shopping street) walk two blocks away from the water to Cannegieter Street and turn right. The Pharmacy is at Voges Street.

If you're going to be out and about on the island I can also give you area-specific directions to others.

gary

p.s. Contrary to some private comments I have received, I am NOT on here 24/7. :)

Well, I'll take a shot at answering, after I make an assumption about where you are traveling to. :)

Since you're posting in the St. Martin Forum, I assume that you are traveling to St. Martin/St. Maarten.

There are a couple readily accessible pharmacies right in downtown Philipsburg. They are both close to the Water Taxi stops and certainly walkable from the Cruise Facility.

There's a Pharmacy in the St. Rose Arcade, a small shopping area directly on the Boardwalk, and another, larger, just a few blocks away. From Frontstreet (the main shopping street) walk two blocks away from the water to Cannegieter Street and turn right. The Pharmacy is at Voges Street.

If you're going to be out and about on the island I can also give you area-specific directions to others.

gary

p.s. Contrary to some private comments I have received, I am NOT on here 24/7. :)

I am very glad that you are on here! I appreciate the information. Actually, we are still up in the air about where we are going in St. Maarten. I would appreciate any recommendations on where to go, and what to do. Neither my DH or myself are very good swimmers, and it seems most ports we are heading really focus on snorkeling, etc. So, if you have anything to share, please do so! They will be most appreciated!

Not trying to start any arguments on bringing back anything; however, I would like to find a good pharmacy. I want to purchase a bottle of Latisse.

Thanks for any recommendations.

Is it available over the counter in St. Maarten and not in the States?

Is it available over the counter in St. Maarten and not in the States?

You need to see a doctor to purchase Latisse. Also, it is around $120.00 a bottle in the states. My sister purchased it for $50 a bottle in Mexico, and $40.00 in Belize. It is a pretty big difference.

I'll start with this from medicinenet.com:

GENERIC NAME: bimatoprost

BRAND NAME: Latisse, Lumigan

DRUG CLASS AND MECHANISM: Bimatoprost is a synthetic (man-made) drug that resembles and mimics the effects of natural chemicals (prostaglandins) produced by the body. It is used for reducing intraocular pressure (IOP) and increasing the growth of eyelashes.

And then the response I received from the Philipsburg Pharmacy:

Hi Gary,

We carry the eyedrop with the equal solution, Lumigan, price / bottle is $ 30

It does not come with the aplicator, any clean mascarabrush can be used to apply the medication to the eyelashes.

We have sold it like that quite a lot and it really works.

Best Regards,

Dick Luttekes, pharmacist

Philipsburg Pharmacy

gary

My eyelash length is just fine, thank you, and I hope it works out for the OP. :)

I am assuming, based on the original post, that Derbie knows what she is getting herself into, including the medical disclaimers associated with the product.

IWTBF

gary

My eyelash length is just fine, thank you, and I hope it works out for the OP. :)

I am assuming, based on the original post, that Derbie knows what she is getting herself into, including the medical disclaimers associated with the product.

IWTBF

gary

Agree, and the risk of using something (especially around the eyes) without the advantage and follow up care provided by your own health care provider....Caution should always be a consideration when it comes to purchasing any drug items abroad. JMHO :)

IWTBF

gary

You had to share that one with Derbie as you both educated me on that one.:)

I do have a question for you now Gary. :). In the regular pharmacy's on the island, are the prescription medications exactly the same as in the States? In other words, what's the chance of getting grey market medication if there is such a thing?

look for the green cross. Many Rx drugs in the states are available over the counter there. I have had god savings in the past. And were never questioned returning by customs.

Thanks so much! I appreciate the information!

Agree, and the risk of using something (especially around the eyes) without the advantage and follow up care provided by your own health care provider....Caution should always be a consideration when it comes to purchasing any drug items abroad. JMHO :)

I wanted to clarify that I have been using Latisse for about 1.5 years. Originally, I saw a dermatologist. I do agree with you 100%, no one should involve themselves in any drug that their physician has not recommended or prescribed. I have very little lashes! I have the thickest head of hair. I don't know what happened! I guess it all left my lashes and eyebrows, and then headed north!

I wanted to clarify that I have been using Latisse for about 1.5 years. Originally, I saw a dermatologist. I do agree with you 100%, no one should involve themselves in any drug that their physician has not recommended or prescribed. I have very little lashes! I have the thickest head of hair. I don't know what happened! I guess it all left my lashes and eyebrows, and then headed north!

Sounds like you're an educated experienced consumer and know what you're talking about..Sorry about your follicle dilemma, but at least it didn't all go south :eek::D

Archived