Recent Brilliance cruiser questions

Ok see we forwent our Exp cruise and are going to do Brilliance from Tampa instead sooooooo some questions. I been looking at videos on you tube and just wanted to ask to be sure

1 - Is that wonderful outdoor seating area at the Windjammer real??? Im hoping so because I love eating outdoors (and drinking..LOL)

2 - Is there a pool table (only thought the radiance had it)

3 - Does the floor in VC rotate like on the Radiance too now?

4 - Is the Asian restaurant extra money and is it good?

5 - What Does the Seaview café have for food. Is it like burgers and fries and if so do they have veggie burgers?

6 - Is there a designated Diamond Lounge and is just wine and champagne or is it like the Freedom class ships where you can get beer and bloody marys too?

Ok lots of questions I know but I cant help it!!! LOL :p

Ok see we forwent our Exp cruise and are going to do Brilliance from Tampa instead sooooooo some questions. I been looking at videos on you tube and just wanted to ask to be sure

1 - Is that wonderful outdoor seating area at the Windjammer real??? Im hoping so because I love eating outdoors (and drinking..LOL)

2 - Is there a pool table (only thought the radiance had it)

3 - Does the floor in VC rotate like on the Radiance too now?

4 - Is the Asian restaurant extra money and is it good?

5 - What Does the Seaview café have for food. Is it like burgers and fries and if so do they have veggie burgers?

6 - Is there a designated Diamond Lounge and is just wine and champagne or is it like the Freedom class ships where you can get beer and bloody marys too?

1. Yes

2. Yes

5. Sorry no longer a Seaview cafe onboard.

No Seaview Café ...bummer. What is in its place?

Im going to die without Johnny Rockets..LOL I thought the Seaview would atleast cure my veggie burger fix a little. Oh well

Any tips from recent cruisers? Im open to all suggestions and not to be missd stuff.

Is the late night food spot in the Solarium? Is it pretty much like Sorrentos?

No Seaview Café ...bummer. What is in its place?

Im going to die without Johnny Rockets..LOL I thought the Seaview would atleast cure my veggie burger fix a little. Oh well

Any tips from recent cruisers? Im open to all suggestions and not to be missd stuff.

Izumi (Asian food) is in the place of Seaview. Priced by the item plus a cover charge.

Park Cafe in the Solarium has food late into the evening.

Thank you so much Clare for the quick responses. So since theres a dedicated Diamond lounge then yes on beers and bloody marys and jack an cokes? Woooo hooooo

Is the DL in the Viking or a different deck?

The DL is in the Viking Crown, along with the CL.

1 - Is that wonderful outdoor seating area at the Windjammer real??? Im hoping so because I love eating outdoors (and drinking..LOL) Yes

2 - Is there a pool table (only thought the radiance had it) 2 Self Leveling tables

3 - Does the floor in VC rotate like on the Radiance too now? No at least not when I was there.

4 - Is the Asian restaurant extra money and is it good? If you mean Izumi the Japanese Restaurant , food is always subjective . Personally I enjoyed it and thought the food was very good.

5 - What Does the Seaview café have for food. Is it like burgers and fries and if so do they have veggie burgers? No Seaview café it's now Izumi

6 - Is there a designated Diamond Lounge and is just wine and champagne or is it like the Freedom class ships where you can get beer and bloody marys too? On my recent cruise it was a separate room located outside the VC and Seapass Card entry was required.

Was just on Brillance a few weeks ago. It a lovely ship and thought the crew was outstanding

The Park Café in the Solarium is wonderful.

• Breakfast - Assorted Premade breakfast Panini's , Burritos, and English Muffin sandwiches. Yogurt Parfaits, Muffins and Oatmeal. Bagel Bar and fresh fruit.
  • Lunch - The Famous Beef Sandwich. Assorted Premade Panini's and Sandwiches Soup, Cookies and Salad Bar
  • Late evening Snacks - Pizza, Empanadas, Assort Premade sandwiches, Cookies and other parties.

We are Brilliance in November for first time..

It doesn't look like Portofino's and Chops are there anymore? I'm assuming Giovanni's replaced Portofino's, but is there still an specialty steakhouse type restaurant? If not, can you still get Chop's steak option for a charge in MDR?

And I think I read where the CL serves complimentary cocktails in the evenings. I'm assuming this is more than just beer and wine since it said "cocktails". Is this correct?

I also think I read somewhere that you can order from the MDR menus for room service if you are in Suite level. Would this also include food from other complimentary dining areas like Park Cafe and Windjammer?

Thanks for any info that Brilliance veterans have!!

It doesn't look like Portofino's and Chops are there anymore? I'm assuming Giovanni's replaced Portofino's, but is there still an specialty steakhouse type restaurant? If not, can you still get Chop's steak option for a charge in MDR?

And I think I read where the CL serves complimentary cocktails in the evenings. I'm assuming this is more than just beer and wine since it said "cocktails". Is this correct?

I also think I read somewhere that you can order from the MDR menus for room service if you are in Suite level. Would this also include food from other complimentary dining areas like Park Cafe and Windjammer?

Both Chops and Giovanni's still there on deck 6 just by the schooner bar.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=06&shipCode=BR&shipProfile=1507&sailDate=1131027&hasNavigation=false

You can still order a Chops steak in the MDR.

In a suite you can order off the MDR menu but not from WJ or other complimentary dining areas.

Both Chops and Giovanni's still there on deck 6 just by the schooner bar.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=06&shipCode=BR&shipProfile=1507&sailDate=1131027&hasNavigation=false

You can still order a Chops steak in the MDR.

In a suite you can order off the MDR menu but not from WJ or other complimentary dining areas.

Thanks Ken!

Yes, the CL serves basic cocktails, no blender drinks.

The Park Café in the Solarium is wonderful.

• Breakfast - Assorted Premade breakfast Panini's , Burritos, and English Muffin sandwiches. Yogurt Parfaits, Muffins and Oatmeal. Bagel Bar and fresh fruit.
  • Lunch - The Famous Beef Sandwich. Assorted Premade Panini's and Sandwiches Soup, Cookies and Salad Bar
  • Late evening Snacks - Pizza, Empanadas, Assort Premade sandwiches, Cookies and other parties.

First off thank you so much for this info - is it all free? And is it open til like 2 or 3 am after the bars all close?

You must be thinking of Sorrentos

No, for a change CB is correct. The Seaview Cafe on the Brilliance had a pasta and panini menu and it was the only one of the Radiance Class ships to offer that menu. The menu posted by Patti and Jim was from Jewel, Serenade, or Radiance.

No, for a change CB is correct. The Seaview Cafe on the Brilliance had a pasta and panini menu and it was the only one of the Radiance Class ships to offer that menu. The menu posted by Patti and Jim was from Jewel, Serenade, or Radiance.

Interesting. I appreciate the clarification.:)

On the Royal Caribbean site it looks like they've added the NEW dining options and they say there is as "pizzeria". They don't give it a name, and included it with the Windjammer and other complimentary options. Wonder if it actually is it's own pizza place or that just means pizza at Windjammer?! The reviews of the pizza on RCI is almost laughable. 99.9% say it's awful. Luckily my 11 year old picky eater loves pizza that tastes awful to me. Maybe he'll like the RCI pizza. ;)

On the Royal Caribbean site it looks like they've added the NEW dining options and they say there is as "pizzeria". They don't give it a name, and included it with the Windjammer and other complimentary options. Wonder if it actually is it's own pizza place or that just means pizza at Windjammer?! The reviews of the pizza on RCI is almost laughable. 99.9% say it's awful. Luckily my 11 year old picky eater loves pizza that tastes awful to me. Maybe he'll like the RCI pizza. ;)

Royal's website is not up to date in some places. I remember they listed Pizzeria on some ships where they had put Park Cafe. On Radiance class ships, Royal usually has pizza in Park Cafe (or Solarium Cafe on Jewel) and in Windjammer at lunchtime.

Archived