All things Getaway

Medtech2

One week from today, January 10th, The Getaway is officially a Norwegian ship. Current She still belongs to Meyer Werft. I will board Her on the 16th in Southampton, United Kingdom for Her journey to New York City.

I'm so excited for you to sail and tell us all about her!

Yes you can book the shows and dinners 45 days ahead of departure. 55 days ahead if you are in the Haven but you have to call the concierge to do that. I'm book into 4 specialty dining restaurants, Illusionarium and Legally Blonde and the Wine lunch for my February 8th cruise.

What is the "wine lunch"? Never seen anything on here about that, sounds right up my alley!

What is the "wine lunch"? Never seen anything on here about that, sounds right up my alley!

It is brand new for NCL. Wine Lovers the Musical. $25 pp, held in the Illusionarium. Taste 6 wines while watching a hilarious musical comedy about the joys of wine and love. Going to try it in February!

DDD06, thanks so much for sharing the information about Legally Blonde. We're sailing on the Getaway April 12th and I'm trying to plan which nights we'll eat in specialty restaurants so I can pre-book them (along with shows) 45 days out. Could you please let me know the days and times for the Illusionarium, Burn the Floor, and any other shows that can be booked in advance? Thanks! I can't wait to read all about the Getaway when you get back from your cruise!

DDD06, thanks so much for sharing the information about Legally Blonde. We're sailing on the Getaway April 12th and I'm trying to plan which nights we'll eat in specialty restaurants so I can pre-book them (along with shows) 45 days out. Could you please let me know the days and times for the Illusionarium, Burn the Floor, and any other shows that can be booked in advance? Thanks! I can't wait to read all about the Getaway when you get back from your cruise!

Burn the Floor is available at 7:00 and 9:30 on Sat., Sun., and Mon. The Illusionarium is Sat. thru Thur. at 5:45 and 9:00. Wine Lovers is at 12:30

Mon. And Thur.

Hope that helps.

Burn the Floor is available at 7:00 and 9:30 on Sat., Sun., and Mon. The Illusionarium is Sat. thru Thur. at 5:45 and 9:00. Wine Lovers is at 12:30

Mon. And Thur.

Hope that helps.

This helps me too!! We are in the Haven so I guess I have to contact the pre-concierge folks to book early?

DS and DH are soooo excited about the Illusionarium experience.... and me too :p Can we do any of the shows twice? I guess you would book once online and then go standby for the second attempt??

Edited by SouthernBelle_N_Louisiana
added question

We want photos.....we want photos C'mon everyone now ... We want photos :)

I cant wait to see the photos. I know some will say, the ship will look almost identical to Breakaway. I am aware of that. But for sister ships, they will still have differences since one is NYC themed and the other is Miami themed. Plus the differences in the Magic show and grammy experience vs Blues Club and Cirque Dreams. The mojito bar on Getaway looks completely different than anything I have seen on Breakaway. So please forgive my impatience in wanting to see inside photos of the new ship!

But for a real Miami experience, maybe they should have considered this:

The hurricane room: Walk inside and wind starts and then the roof blows off and you lose power and then you sweat from the heat - true Miami hurricane experience. And everyone has to stay in the room and drink water and dry cereal for 2 days.

The south beach experience: Walk inside a club and have someone rob you for your wallet and then pistol whip you Only $20 which includes 2 drinks

Insurance room: Know the true experience of a Miami homeowner that pays $5000 a year in wind insurance for your home. Walk inside, have your dinner and your credit card gets charged $5000. Gratuity included! For dessert......you can opt for the outrageous car insurance too!

Weather room: Enjoy the neat experience one you walk into the room and your glasses fog up and you break a sweat just walking to your chair. Then a major downpour gets you all wet.

Multi-cultural room: Explore the many cultures of the world, when you walk into this room, everyone will speak to you in another language that you don't understand. You and the kids will have a blast as you try to navigate yourself through the mock airport, shopping mall, and several other tourist destinations.

Yes, this all would be the true Miami experience. Not the neon, pink flamingo world it is portrayed to be ;)

:)

Edited by david_sobe

I cant wait to see the photos. I know some will say, the ship will look almost identical to Breakaway. I am aware of that. But for sister ships, they will still have differences since one is NYC themed and the other is Miami themed. Plus the differences in the Magic show and grammy experience vs Blues Club and Cirque Dreams. The mojito bar on Getaway looks completely different than anything I have seen on Breakaway. So please forgive my impatience in wanting to see inside photos of the new ship!

The hurricane room: Walk inside and wind starts and then the roof blows off and you lose power and then you sweat from the heat - true Miami hurricane experience. And everyone has to stay in the room and drink water and dry cereal for 2 days.

The south beach experience: Walk inside a club and have someone rob you for your wallet and then pistol whip you Only $20 which includes 2 drinks

Insurance room: Know the true experience of a Miami homeowner that pays $5000 a year in wind insurance for your home. Walk inside, have your dinner and your credit card gets charged $5000. Gratuity included! For dessert......you can opt for the outrageous car insurance too!

Weather room: Enjoy the neat experience one you walk into the room and your glasses fog up and you break a sweat just walking to your chair. Then a major downpour gets you all wet.

Multi-cultural room: Explore the many cultures of the world, when you walk into this room, everyone will speak to you in another language that you don't understand. You and the kids will have a blast as you try to navigate yourself through the mock airport, shopping mall, and several other tourist destinations.

Yes, this all would be the true Miami experience. Not the neon, pink flamingo world it is portrayed to be ;)

Yes! I am very anxious for actual cruise photos, too. I am also anxious to see menus for the restaurants that are different, and especially see the Freestyle Daily photos. I hope someone gets them posted ASAP. I've got a trip to plan, folks! haha. I'm going stir crazy.

Mon. And Thur.

Hope that helps.

Thanks so much! This will really help me get my plans in order.

We r scheduled for 3/22. So excited. My last few have been carnival so this should be an awesome change. My last ncl was in 2001. Cant wait

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Forums mobile app

My son and daughter-in-law are going to do the one-night float out from Southampton. I have a few questions....

Is the Illusionarium something that must be booked?

Is the Grammy area something that can just be visited at any time?

Does anyone have information on toddler childcare?

Thanks,

Maureen

We are going on the one night inaugural cruise leaving Southampton on 15th January!! So excited, we're hoping to pack in as much as we can in the very short time & will take loads of photos. If anyone has any specific questions we'll do our best to post answers when we get home. So excited!!!

:)

David you crack me up! The truth is always different than the glamorous movies paint it out to be. :)

My son's family is booked and ready to go on January 15 as an anniversary trip!

I was hoping they could take a nanny with them so they would be able to enjoy the adult venues at night - but my daughter-in-law is very cautious about letting anyone care for my grandson. I told them he will have to stay up late and perhaps learn to like Mojitos :)

I still think/hope they will have a very good time.

My son and daughter-in-law are going to do the one-night float out from Southampton. I have a few questions....

Is the Illusionarium something that must be booked?

Is the Grammy area something that can just be visited at any time?

Does anyone have information on toddler childcare?

Thanks,

Maureen

I can answer one of these :)

There is no "toddler child care". Norwegian's splash academy "drop off" program starts at age 3 and up. For toddlers - it's a parent and child program - so no drop off or childcare available.

And actually - to answer the others - are they on the Jan 11th? There is an APP for IPhones/smart phones called "Getaway Lights Up Miami" - it has the entire schedule for all of the Festivities

Edited by crusinmama06