Triumph Lido Deck

twinsaj

My first cruise was on the Triumph. We had a lido balcony (9272) and loved it. In fact I book a lido balcony now whenever possible. Sadly I've had 9272 again twice on the Valor and 9273 booked on the Freedom for next September.

They're great. So close to everything. Easy to run back to the cabin and avoid public facilities etc. it's great to be able to run to the buffet to grab an apple or a quick cup of coffee etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Loved it....you can go out a door to an open deck below the bridge and take grest pics...short hallway...close to everything including the buffet (which is great at late night)

Nice long walk every night to go to dinner which is great to build up an appetite

Our first cruise was in 9284 on the Lido...four doors from the action. It just can't be beat! So close to all the fun, but then again, that was back when there was a live steel drum band playing on the Lido and NO BIG GAUDY TV SCREEN out there.

Thanks for all of your replies!! I'm so happy that I am getting positive feedback. Right now I am booked on deck 7 but we don't have two balconies next to each other. The lido deck still has some. Is it very noisy because it is so close to everything?? Also, can the balcony dividers be opened??

i had 9246 on triumph and it was fantastic being on lido! cabins on lido deck will likely always be my first preference for now on. it wasn't nosy at all, believe it or not, even when on the balcony when stuff was going on at the main pool area. and yes, balcony dividers can be opened. check with whoever you book with though, as 'officially' they open in sets of two, given the orientation of where the divider swings to secure back against the wall. it's great having a double wide balcony :)

Glad it's not noisy! Not to sound stupid but I'm not sure I understand what you said about the dividers??? Our kids will be in the room next door and want to make sure it will open. Yes, a double balcony sounds amazing!!

Glad it's not noisy! Not to sound stupid but I'm not sure I understand what you said about the dividers??? Our kids will be in the room next door and want to make sure it will open. Yes, a double balcony sounds amazing!!

officially, the balcony dividers open in 'sets of 2', as in say stateroom 1 will connect with stateroom 2, but stateroom 2 will not connect with stateroom 3 (even though it's next to stateroom 2). stateroom 3 will connect with stateroom 4, and 4 won't connect with 5. like:

| 1 . 2 | 3 . 4 | 5

where the periods / dots indicate a divider that will open for that 'set of 2', and the |'s represent dividers which do not 'officially' open. i say officially because actually they do, however when that divider is open, it will block the door or window of one of the rooms. the dividers swing back and secure against the wall.

since you mention kids in the next room (unsure of how old they are), be advised that connecting CABINS (with a door inside the staterooms), typically do not have connecting BALCONIES, for some very stupid reason lol. so keep that in mind if you were looking for the connecting cabins.

i hope that makes sense :)

Ahh now I get it!! Thanks. We don't need connecting rooms as my kids are older. Just thought the big balcony would be nice. I think I will change to the lido deck since everyone is saying good things so far!!

So surprised everyone saying how quiet it is on the lido!!! Read all the responses to my DH and we are calling to change to the lido deck today! Thanks again everyone!

Make sure you ask before you book them if the balconies connect or not. They can tell you which ones do or don't. I wish the deck plans would have that info on them.

We were in 9284 a few years back and loved it. I was afraid that it would be noisy due to being so close to the Lido/pool, but it wasn't. When you left the Lido pool area, you would go thru the glass doors leading to the atrium and there were doors on both sides that lead to the staterooms. So you also got very little foot traffic.

There is a private hallway leading to the Lido cabins. We've had 9293 twice and absolutely LOVE the Lido Deck.

No noise, perfect location, I wish I could book only Lido balconies from now on. But I prefer to sail twice in an 1A for the price of one prime balcony.

You will have a great time on Lido Deck!

We had a Lido deck balcony on Triumph, close to the elevators. We absolutely loved it and would do it again. It was much quieter than we thought it would be. Very little noise coming from the elevator area, and even on our balcony we couldn't hear the sounds from the Lido deck. It was nice to be able to get up in the morning and take the very short walk to go and get coffee to drink on the balcony.