Flight and Hotel info...

latitude918

They are just making sure their bases are covered for when you are expected, and most importantly, for when you need to be off. If you are doing ship's transfers or hotels, they definitely need to know that info.

Haven't heard of any cruise lines working in conjunction with the NSA, or owning any black helicopters.

...Why is the cruise line asking me for my exact flight an hotel information? Seems a little bit big-brotherish of them.

Am I missing something important for why they'd need it?

Anyone out there omit this information?

Before disembarkation the cruise line has to let the US Customs and Immigration know where you final destination is once you disembark.

Even cruises into Canada have the same requirement. Big Brother needs to know your travel plans.

Edited by Kamloops50

You are assigned a color on your luggage for the staggered embarkation. They will call your color when you are cleared to disembark. If you have indicated you have an early flight, your color will be called earlier than (for example) someone who indicates they drove. Staggered disembarkation means all 3,000 passengers aren't trying to get off the ship at the same time.

You are assigned a color on your luggage for the staggered embarkation. They will call your color when you are cleared to disembark. If you have indicated you have an early flight, your color will be called earlier than (for example) someone who indicates they drove. Staggered disembarkation means all 3,000 passengers aren't trying to get off the ship at the same time.

I bought FTTF so I'll get off after the diamond/platinum people anyways. :)

We've got a later flight, and flying in the day before, so maybe I'll just omit this info. Seems odd to me.

I bought FTTF so I'll get off after the diamond/platinum people anyways. :)

We've got a later flight, and flying in the day before, so maybe I'll just omit this info. Seems odd to me.

I always thought it was strange as well. I don't always have my hotel info when I fill out my cruise documents.

We Always fly in the day before the cruise, and in Europe 2 days ahead. Things can happen that can get you caught out in the middle somewhere. The cruise line needs this info for their planning, especially on the way back. We used EZAir on our just completed Eastern Med Cruise and all went very smooth with no issues and saved a few hundred $$$ booking the same set of flights on EZAir vs me doing it myself and that was Business Class both ways. With 7 days to go before the cruise the flight direct on the airline was priced up 2.5 Times what we paid for on EZAir. I do not have issues in what the cruise line knows as it does not include seat numbers or Hotel room numbers.