Neptune Suite Perks

Nieuwuser

We are cruising with a couple we met 5 years ago on the Eurodam. They booked a specific stateroom as they need it to be handicap accessible.

We were fortunate enough to get a Neptune Suite as an upsell.

Would we be able to have our friends join us for breakfast in the Pinnacle Grille?

Are there any other Neptune Suite perks we could extend to our friends?

It appears that the Neptune Lounge is for suite guests only.Thank you

-David

We are cruising with a couple we met 5 years ago on the Eurodam. They booked a specific stateroom as they need it to be handicap accessible.

We were fortunate enough to get a Neptune Suite as an upsell.

Would we be able to have our friends join us for breakfast in the Pinnacle Grille?

Are there any other Neptune Suite perks we could extend to our friends?

It appears that the Neptune Lounge is for suite guests only.Thank you

-David

Congrats on the nice upsell! You are right - the Neptune Lounge is only for suite guests as is the Pinnacle Grill for breakfast.

However, you can order hors d'hoeuvres for the afternoon and invite them over to your cabin :D Concierge can arrange for you and you are permitted to order for more than the two of you:D

If you are travelling together and want to get off together then we have found that if we link who we are travelling with on the disembarkation form, they can leave when you do:)

The space in your room and verandah will surely make you want to invite them over:) That's half the fun of these rooms for us:D

We found when we ordered in-room appetizers when we had guests in our suite, they sent way more than any small group could devour. So you really only have to order them for yourselves and you will get plenty - hot and cold and then use this as the excuse to enjoy your complimentary bottle of suite sparkling white wine. (None dare call it "champagne", but it is still festive and good whatever the brand)

Congratulations on the upsell.

Unfortunately you can not take your friends to the Pinnacle for breakfast. Nor can you have them in the Neptune Lounge.

But you can certainly invite them to join you for appetizers or even afternoon in your cabin. The concierges will be able to take your orders.

As to the bottle of champagne that has been mentioned. Some ships are now just offering a glass of cheap sparkling wine in the Neptune Lounge on embarkation day.

Could someone tell me where the Neptune Lounge is on Nieuw Amsterdam? I've looked at the deck plans and can't spot it!

Booked an aft SC grade for a January cruise yesterday and have never been with HAL before, so I'm browsing the boards looking for hints and tips!

JC

Deck 7.

Congratulations on the upsell.

Unfortunately you can not take your friends to the Pinnacle for breakfast. Nor can you have them in the Neptune Lounge.

But you can certainly invite them to join you for appetizers or even afternoon in your cabin. The concierges will be able to take your orders.

As to the bottle of champagne that has been mentioned. Some ships are now just offering a glass of cheap sparkling wine in the Neptune Lounge on embarkation day.

Sorry - meant to say Afternoon Tea.

Could someone tell me where the Neptune Lounge is on Nieuw Amsterdam? I've looked at the deck plans and can't spot it!

Booked an aft SC grade for a January cruise yesterday and have never been with HAL before, so I'm browsing the boards looking for hints and tips!

JC

Rotterdam Deck, mid-ship.

There are entry doors on both port and starboard side.

And you need your ID to enter the Neptune Lounge -- key locked -- just like you enter your cabin door.

To avoid possible confusion, your ID /key card is only needed to enter Neptune Lounge on Vista and Signature Class Ships.

On "S" class ships, the doors are open most of the time but there are so many fewer Suites, the concierges know almost immediately exactly who belongs in there and who does not. They view the embarkation photos and when we enter Neptune the first time, they address us by name. :) They are amazing in that way and we always enjoy that effort.

To avoid possible confusion, your ID /key card is only needed to enter Neptune Lounge on Vista and Signature Class Ships.

On "S" class ships, the doors are open most of the time but there are so many fewer Suites, the concierges know almost immediately exactly who belongs in there and who does not. They view the embarkation photos and when we enter Neptune the first time, they address us by name. :) They are amazing in that way and we always enjoy that effort.

We needed a key card for the Ryndam Neptune Lounge, which was also an interior one with doors on both sides - very convenient.

The Prinsendam Neptune Lounge had an always open door, but it was at the end of a suites only one hallway and yes, they knew right away who we were when we entered. Not particularly convenient location for many of the suites on two floors and on the opposite side of the ship but it worked okay.

OP is on the Eurodam -- so I answered according to what it is on the OP's ship.

We needed a key card for the Ryndam Neptune Lounge, which was also an interior one with doors on both sides - very convenient.

The Prinsendam Neptune Lounge had an always open door, but it was at the end of a suites only one hallway and yes, they knew right away who we were when we entered. Not particularly convenient location for many of the suites on two floors and on the opposite side of the ship but it worked okay.

When did the Ryndam get new doors where you have to use the ID card to enter the Neptune Lounge?

We have sailed quite a few days on the Ryndam and those doors were always keyless.

When did the Ryndam get new doors where you have to use the ID card to enter the Neptune Lounge?

We have sailed quite a few days on the Ryndam and those doors were always keyless.

I agree. We never had locked doors or needed an ID to enter Ryndam's Neptune Lounge nor have I ever previously read it reported here. Must be new policy?

I agree. We never had locked doors or needed an ID to enter Ryndam's Neptune Lounge nor have I ever previously read it reported here. Must be new policy?

Maybe they are retrofitting doors/changing the procedures but I've never had to use our card to enter the Neptune Lounge on any R or S class ship.

If I give the Neptune concierge our desired dining requests ( 4 nights in DR and 3 specialty) for 10 people are they able to book all of us at one large table for the same time each night? We have as you wish for the main DR.

There are so few tables for ten, you should see to making arrangements very soon after boarding.

As to speciality restaurants, you may be asked to divide into two tables. I have seen table for ten set up in Pinnacle on Maasdam and it was a long rectangle. That design is hardly ideal IMO but if that is what you want, they 'may' be able to accomodate you. Same for Pinnacles on other ships.

Archived