Any recent Voyager report?

Mr Retired

Hello All,

I cut and pasted this information from Cruise Industry News

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/10115-seven-seas-voyager-completes-drydock.html

Seven Seas Voyager Completes Drydock

ON 24 OCTOBER 2013.

Regent Seven Seas Cruises has announced that the Seven Seas Voyager has completed her drydock with new interior decor and refreshed exterior decks. The all-balcony, all-suite 700-guest capacity vessel unveiled her new look on Oct. 23 when she set sail on a 10-night cruise from Rome to Venice.

Public spaces are described as “resplendent with elegant new furnishings, rich upholstery, custom-milled carpeting and hand-selected accents.”

“Regent Seven Seas Cruises has always set the benchmark for luxury cruises and the Seven Seas Voyager just raised the bar considerably,” commented Kunal S. Kamlani, president, in a prepared statement.

As part of the ship’s refurbishment all Penthouse suites received new décor with custom-crafted furnishings, carpeting, curtains, wall coverings, furniture, lighting, original artwork and outdoor furniture.

Horizons, the ship’s nightclub and bar, and the Observation Lounge each underwent a complete transformation. The venues now sport distinctive new bars, new furnishings, carpeting, wall coverings, and new lighting throughout.

The Constellation Theater, the ship’s two-deck high, state-of-the-art show theatre was rejuvenated with new carpeting, all new upholstery, wall coverings, cocktail tables, wall sconces, banquettes and chairs.

According to Regent, the ship’s exterior decks received just as much as attention as the interiors. New teak was installed on the balconies of all 350 suites and teak decks in common areas were re-surfaced and re-finished to brand-new condition. The Pool Deck, as well as the ship’s outdoor relaxation areas on Decks 5, 11 and 12, now feature new resort furniture and accents. The Pool Grill and La Veranda also received upgrades with new mosaic tiling, new wall coverings and awnings.

Additionally, Regent Seven Seas Cruises recently announced an expansion to its all-inclusive product by offering free Wi-Fi fleet-wide including Seven Seas Voyager as part of a multi-million dollar Internet investment upgrade. Beginning with Winter 2014-2015 sailings, concierge-level and higher guests will receive up to 500 minutes of free Wi-Fi.

Guests can choose from up to four, open-seating restaurants, including Compass Rose, serving a variety of European-inspired Continental cuisine; Prime 7, a contemporary American steakhouse; Signatures, a classic French dining experience; and Sette Mari at La Veranda, which offers an extensive menu of authentic Italian specialties.

Claiming some of the highest space-per-guest ratios in the cruise industry, accommodations include such amenities as down comforters, Egyptian cotton linens, flat-screen television, DVD players and Wi-Fi access. Penthouse and higher-category suites aboard all three ships are equipped with iPads.

Sorry, but your last statement is false. I am currently in a Penthouse suite, and there is no iPad. And the iPod dock is antiquated, and will not accommodate a current model -- ergo useless.

Hunding,

You have to ask your butler for an iPad if you want one. At least that was our experience several years ago on Mariner and we were then given an iPad to use.

Exactly right. The butler will bring you an IPad plus charging cable and ask you for it back on disembarkation.

The stripe's ghastly. We all need to turn up at Voyager's next port of call with tins of white paint and what's happened to the nice sofas in the Horiizon lounge?

I don't want glitz, I want to feel comfortable and at home.

Have to say I preferred Voyager as she was and I'm glad I sailed in her in August before the dry dock......not that the changes will stop me sailing in her in the future of course.

R

Edited by Swyre

The blue stripe looks terrific!

It shows forward motion - - perfect for a cruise ship.

Based on the photos, interior upgrades look impressive.

We're looking forward to seeing it in person when we embark on our Rome to Stockholm cruise in May!

Safe travels to all.

There is the design of the stripe and then the color. I think the color is part of the problem as its just not right. Ether lighter or darker would be better. It's kinda like the color of tiles in a pool certain colors look better than others. On a ship I think darker blue looks better.

No, it does not make the voyager look like a shoe, and nobody said it did. The Nike swoosh is one of the world's leading and popular trademarks , but nobody will think this is a Nike ship, which I believe was the comment. I think the stripe makes a beautiful ship even more beautiful, but I am sure people disagree. in any event it makes a beautiful ship more distinctive, which is a laudable goal.

We are in a Grande Suite and all is new and fresh--walls, carpet, curtains etc.

Stripe looks great-- fresh and modern. Remember fellow posters why the dinosaurs are no longer with us----they refused to change.

I will say again--what a friendly and pleasant group of people are on this ship!

Food has been terrific and the service--beyond compare.

And everyone seems to be dressed appropriately--dress jeans and all! ( I just couldn't resist!)

Just docked in Corfu--ONWARD!

Debi

I completely AGREE with Debijaynes on all counts! The Voyager is top notch in all areas. Everything looks great on all decks and I LIKE the new outside paint job very much - including the blue stripe! It looks very classy. I think some folks are getting too far down in "the weeds" on the critiques and nit-picks of every single little thing.

Certainly Regent doesn't need "our permission" if they choose to change their paint scheme a little bit. On this cruise the service has been great, the food is great, the new entertainment show/s at night have been wonderful, the dancers and singers have put on a tremendous show, and the staff - as always - have been extremely friendly and competent.

Come on folks, give 'em a break! Regent tries to do the best they possibly can and they're delivering a very good product. In fact, we booked another cruise (our 3rd) yesterday afternoon. We've met very nice people onboard - some have told us that they also are considering additional cruises - and no one has "offended us" by their dress. I would not spend one minute of time scrutinizing or worrying about what anyone else is wearing or weather any "rules" were being "broken". As Debi said, we've now pulled into Korfu and looking forward to a wonderful day. The weather has been fabulous throughout the cruise. Regards.

Wondering if there were any changes to the chairs? They were so heavy and hard to get between tables when everyone seated. Thanks if you have time to answer would appreciate. Sounds like other changes are wonderful. Continue enjoying your lovely cruise.

Joanna