Nigerian prawns no more!

divsec

Well hot from the quest Nigerian prawns are not a sustainable supply so do not feature any more.

Do not despair, a sustainable, suitable, substitute is in place and tastes good. Less than 48 hours remaining

D

Well hot from the quest Nigerian prawns are not a sustainable supply so do not feature any more.

Do not despair, a sustainable, suitable, substitute is in place and tastes good. Less than 48 hours remaining

D

Twice baked Goats cheese souffle? :)

D

We were told the same story on the Legend in February this year. Then, I saw reports on here that they were being offered in the Med.

Sorry to hear this news. We have often enjoyed the Jumbo Shrimps at the Patio Grill since discovering Seabourn in 2009. Had them several times on our latest cruise - Norway and Baltic in July/August 13.

Hope the replacement is just as good as we have booked again for June 14 on Sojourn - "our home away from home". !!!!

Hi, ashore now with better WiFi. They don't give a country of origin, or didn't know but they were the same, plate filling size. What a great cruise. Quest on her way to Rio. I wish we were there as well.

Just arrived on Quest for the crossing and will make it my business to report on the providence of those crustaceans. Tonight we will be in The Restaurant and so I promise to revert tomorrow.

Of course I would be pleased to get back on other topics of interest as well. Just let me know.

Happy sailing!

Well what can I say I asked Jorge a very competent waiter and he the prawns are no longer Nigerian sourced. Maybe they are now Nicaraguan, or Nipponese, whatever they were great and I heartily approve of the Seabourn ethical policies.

On Quest now. I hear from Chef that the prawns largely come from sustainable US suppliers and while smaller are very tasting. It has been too cool for a patio dinner so far on this crossing but will revert sooner or later. The Nigerian ones are occasionally available though.

I am very pleased with Seabourn's attitude and approach regarding their suppliers' sustainability credentials.

Happy sailing!

On Quest now. I hear from Chef that the prawns largely come from sustainable US suppliers and while smaller are very tasting. It has been too cool for a patio dinner so far on this crossing but will revert sooner or later. The Nigerian ones are occasionally available though.

I am very pleased with Seabourn's attitude and approach regarding their suppliers' sustainability credentials.

Happy sailing!

Watch out for my friends Allan and Robyn Fox from Perth WA.on the Quest with you.

They will be a force at trivia.

They are also very nice people.(you can tell them that I said so)

Happy sailing!

Thanks Markham, I was beginning to doubt myself. I hope the weather picks up for you. It was good for us in the med but I think the Atlantic is a different proposition.

D

Archived