NCL - HORRIBLE Customer Service

rhinomike

I just knew they would see this and respond. That is the one thing I love most about NCL. They really do look after their customers.

Let's hope they do. That same kind of post was made by NCL to those of us on the Pride of America on our thread. We wrote the same email that was posted here... and we're still waiting for a response from NCL.

Unfortunately' date=' the quality of the NCL reps can be very inconsistent. I just booked an 11 day cruise with them on a ship I have never sailed. Had some questions and could tell my PCC was inexperienced. She kept having to put me on hold to ask her supervisor to get answers to simple things she should have known. I really didn't want to work with her so called back and got another PCC who was wonderful and very knowledgeable.

I agree that this is NCL's fault. Some people just like to pick up the phone, describe what they need, book it and move on. NCL needs to not let reps call themselves Personal Cruise Consultants until they have been thoroughly trained and are knowledgeable about all the ships.

Also, hopefully you do know that even though you need to have someone 21 or older on the reservation, once on the ship, you can put whoever in the cabin you want. Your wife and you could be in one and put the 4 boys in another. Didn't someone say a couple of them are not "kids" but are 18 - which makes them legally adults? Unless they are incredibly immature and irresponsible (which I doubt), surely they could be trusted to keep watch over your younger sons. This is a port-intensive cruise where you are rarely going to be on the ship or in your cabins anyway. And, you'd be just steps away if you were needed.

If NCL can't make the arrangements you wanted, I'd encourage you to relax, enjoy this trip of a lifetime with your wife in your cabin and let your boys enjoy a taste of the freedom and responsibility that comes with being a young adult. Hope you have a great time and bring back many wonderful family memories from Europe.[/quote']

I believe he said the rooms only hold 3 max so putting 4 in a room would not work.

Harriet

Wow. Very surprised to get a response from NCL. I just sent you my contact info. Thank you so much for offering to help. I was at the end of my rope.

I will keep everyone updated. Thanks agin to everyone and NCL for at least contacting me to resolve the issue.

To start , We love NCL .. But their customer service reps know less about NCL ships than I do about the inner workings of the female mind.

We were all waiting for Marisa to show up and do Her thing , which she did .

Good job NCL .. Now the healing begins..

rhinomike, you have our full support ... ( Next time do your research ) :D

mpk218 ( NCL cheerleader ) ;)

Let's hope they do. That same kind of post was made by NCL to those of us on the Pride of America on our thread. We wrote the same email that was posted here... and we're still waiting for a response from NCL.

Yeah. I was thinking of your thread when I wrote that. I am sorry you have had such a hard time. I read your thread entirely and I have been keeping track of updates. I guess that I am lucky that the few times I have had problems with NCL, the issues have been dealt with promptly and to my satisfaction. Still, the fact that NCL is paying attention to these boards is, I think, a really good practice I think other cruise lines could learn from.

What you are saying is most NCL reps on the phone don't know their buttocks from their elbow. Most of those try to fake it and mis-inform. Then when you try to pin them down the excuses begin. A lot of us already knew that.

Knowing it and having to experience it are two different things. I can't blame the Op for being upset. NCL screwed up here.

Wow. Very surprised to get a response from NCL. I just sent you my contact info. Thank you so much for offering to help. I was at the end of my rope.

I will keep everyone updated. Thanks agin to everyone and NCL for at least contacting me to resolve the issue.

This is what you should typically expect from NCL...That's how they roll. I'm happy they continue to respond here on CC. It sets them apart in a big way :)

One time a few years ago I got the oil in my car changed at the local Jiffy L - then went home, a few hours later I was going shopping or something and when I backed up I noticed quite a bit of oil was under my car.

I thought something was broken, so I went to a local garage and told the guy I was leaking oil like crazy, he took my car in and came back 5 minutes later, "the oil plug was not screwed in" he said. I told him I just had the oil changed at Jiffy L - he said well they just put the plug in and did not even tighten it you could of blown your engine if you would of gotten on the interstate.

So according to most people here I should of paid for my oil change then gotten under the car to make sure everything was OK ? That is what it sounds like.

Just for your future reference if you do a search for cruise deck plans, as someone else has said, you can find the deck plans on other sites.

I am considering a NCL cruise next year for the first time in 17 years so I am interested to see how this gets resolved. There are too many cruise choices these days for a company NOT to have exceptional customer service. If they made a mistake, which apparently they did, they should do something to make it right.

One time a few years ago I got the oil in my car changed at the local Jiffy L - then went home, a few hours later I was going shopping or something and when I backed up I noticed quite a bit of oil was under my car.

I thought something was broken, so I went to a local garage and told the guy I was leaking oil like crazy, he took my car in and came back 5 minutes later, "the oil plug was not screwed in" he said. I told him I just had the oil changed at Jiffy L - he said well they just put the plug in and did not even tighten it you could of blown your engine if you would of gotten on the interstate.

So according to most people here I should of paid for my oil change then gotten under the car to make sure everything was OK ? That is what it sounds like.

My niece needed cataract surgery. Before I made the appointment with the doctor that was recommended I did some research on both the surgery as well as the doctor. We didn't simply call, make the app, and have the surgery.

When we had our Breakaway cruise in June we didn't just call the hotel we were interested in staying at and book the room. We searched the internet, looked at photos, read reviews, etc. and new which rooms we wanted and if they were connecting rooms or not prior to calling.

When I booked by airfare to Florida for my past cruise I didn't just call the airline and book a seat. I looked online, new what kind of plane it was, what seats were available and the location of the seats.

If I want something done right (meaning my way) I make sure I know all the details and depend on myself to assure that what I want is what I get. People are human and make mistakes. If a mistake is made I can only blame myself and that's the way I like it.

Harriet

I'm not defending NCL, but it is not HORRIBLE customer service when YOU responded NO to their supervisor's $100 OBC solution with the adjacent cabins.

As YOU readily admit, the Spirit doesn't have connecting cabins with both cabins having 3 berths. There's just no way possible to meet your desires, short of upgrading to a more expensive suite and balcony arrangement you have refused to pay the full fares for. I believe your expectations are way to high to be expected a suite for compensation, even at half price for the upgrade. No cruise line feels responsible about how you get to the ship unless you booked that transport with them.

If the supervisor's offer for $100 OBC and adjacent cabins aren't good enough for you, you'll be better off canceling the cruise on the Spirit and choosing to cruise on another ship.

I believe the $100 OBC was a fair offer of compensation. Good luck.

I'm not defending NCL, but it is not HORRIBLE customer service when YOU responded NO to their supervisor's $100 OBC solution with the adjacent cabins.

As YOU readily admit, the Spirit doesn't have connecting cabins with both cabins having 3 berths. There's just no way possible to meet your desires, short of upgrading to a more expensive suite and balcony arrangement you have refused to pay the full fares for. I believe your expectations are way to high to be expected a suite for compensation, even at half price for the upgrade. No cruise line feels responsible about how you get to the ship unless you booked that transport with them.

If the supervisor's offer for $100 OBC and adjacent cabins aren't good enough for you, you'll be better off canceling the cruise on the Spirit and choosing to cruise on another ship.

I believe the $100 OBC was a fair offer of compensation. Good luck.

I can't cancel or I would. I already booked nonrefundable airfare and hotels.

I would be happy paying for the upgrade to 2 balcony rooms. But they won't allow 3 people in the balcony. Only a 3 connecting to a 2. That would be the best outcome or everyone.

Also waiting 3 weeks and NEVER getting a call back from NCL is horrible in my Opinion. I left uncountable voicemails. It is also bad service when the reps dont know hat they are doing.

I would be happy paying for the upgrade to 2 balcony rooms. But they won't allow 3 people in the balcony. Only a 3 connecting to a 2. That would be the best outcome or everyone.

Also waiting 3 weeks and NEVER getting a call back from NCL is horrible in my Opinion. I left uncountable voicemails. It is also bad service when the reps dont know hat they are doing.

How did you make out with the contact info that NCL posted here??? is anything resolved? :confused:

They have already offered you their best offer, don't you get it? There's no reason for them to call back.

Everyone else who books a cruise on the Spirit with six in their party accepts ADJACENT cabins, why can't you?

I'll agree agents not knowing what's available cabin wise on a specific ship isn't good service. But they have offered $100 OBC for compensation for that poor service.

No cruise line in the world offers SUITES for compensation. NONE!

How did you make out with the contact info that NCL posted here??? is anything resolved? :confused:

I just got a call back from a new supervisor named Chris. He was instructed from the higher up to give me a call. He was instructed to let me know that they are working on it. He does not have a resolution yet but wanted to let me know the issue is very high up in the chain of command. He told me he would call me back every other day to touch base until the upper management had this resolved.

I am really relieved. I hope they can get it worked out so we are both happy. Thanks again to everyone for the help and support.

I just got a call back from a new supervisor named Chris. He was instructed from the higher up to give me a call. He was instructed to let me know that they are working on it. He does not have a resolution yet but wanted to let me know the issue is very high up in the chain of command. He told me he would call me back every other day to touch base until the upper management had this resolved.

I am really relieved. I hope they can get it worked out so we are both happy. Thanks again to everyone for the help and support.

Thanks for letting us know it's in the works and I'm sure NCL will get it done for you. Again, I'm sorry it came to this and I know you've learned a lot so I wish you luck and hope you enjoy your cruises.

They have already offered you their best offer, don't you get it? There's no reason for them to call back.

Everyone else who books a cruise on the Spirit with six in their party accepts ADJACENT cabins, why can't you?

I'll agree agents not knowing what's available cabin wise on a specific ship isn't good service. But they have offered $100 OBC for compensation for that poor service.

They only made me the OBC credit offer the day before yesterday when I finally caught the supervisor on the phone. Not calling me back has been going on for 3 weeks....... During the 3 weeks I left the supervisor many, many voicemails. I finally called her extension and she picked up the day before yesterday. Once I had her on the phone she made the offer of the OBC. I told her the credit did not help my issue..... I refused the credit. After hanging up with her I let it sit overnight. Then the next day I posted this thread.

Just curious.....what would make you happy? What are you looking for them to do?

Harriet

Agreed. Also (not that I have any reason what-so-ever to not believe the OP) I'd certainly like to hear the other side of the story before passing judgment.

I agree with you 100%. It seems that the whole affair stemmed from a certain amount of confusion between the notion of "adjacent" and "connecting". Once the confusion cleared, I see only 2 options: cancel the spirit and pick a different ship or go along with the adjacent situation. After all, there is not a HUGE difference between "connecting" and "adjacent". Booking a non refundable air fare is always a big risk of course, for plenty of potential reasons other than booking mix-up, but that's a personal choice and it's not the cruise line's responsibility (unless it's booked through them) . I find the OBC offer a reasonable compromise for the mishap (hey if that was all it takes to get a suite at half price, I would call the Spirit right now and give it a try ;)

Just curious.....what would make you happy? What are you looking for them to do?

Harriet

I've been curious about this too.

Based on previous posts about getting a suite and a balcony with suite perks for all, I'd be curious if this is what the OP is really looking for....

Based on previous posts about getting a suite and a balcony with suite perks for all, I'd be curious if this is what the OP is really looking for....

The OP never mentioned anything about 'suite perks for all'. The OP did mention that they'd be willing to split the cost of the suite with NCL....if I remember correctly.

Harriet

Maybe a suite at the original price without any suite perks would be fair?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Harriet....

I am in a similar situation. We aer going to be on the Spirit next summer in Europe. We wanted a suite for me, my wife and 4 kids. However the spirit does not have a suite that can accommodate us. So they said our only option would be a penthouse suite with a balcony room connecting. I am going to find out if the 3 kids in the connecting balcony room will get some suite perks too. I don't mind paying extra or them. But I want my 3 kids to eat at Cagneys with me and have priority debarkation with us in the ports.

It's hard to tell, because we only have one version. The OP has 4 kids and that's a lot of extra perks. At this point, I getting confused about just what the OP wants. But I did lose some faith when the OP posted this exact thread on the Carnival page. The moderators removed it.

Archived