Eclipse - vents on deck 11 Aqua balconies

Apple5

It is the same on the Silhouette. We were in cabin 1640 and at first I thought it was the sound of the ocean and lots of wind. It was not noticeable inside the cabin but was a little annoying while sitting outside on a calm sea day.

Most of us don't sleep with the noise of a loud office air conditioning unit running in the background - at least not when the boss is around. :D

As h2ocruiser said, only audible on the balcony, not in the cabin. Unless you meant "dozing on the balcony..." ;)

• 1 month later...
That was our room. :D

The spa staff said that their is no late night cleaning crew up there and that no crew members used the gym after ours.

I am surprised you only heard the noise one night. Could you have normally been asleep during that time, or still out of the stateroom? We normally started for bed after dinner and show between 11:00 and midnight. I think had we been asleep when the "boom boom" started, we would have slept through it in that early realm of sleep. ;)

Nope, never heard he noise except that one time and we were always back in our stateroom by the late hours, well , 9 out of 10 nights.

We were on Eclipse last week in Aqua class on deck 11 starboard aft. Initially I thought the sound I could hear was the rushing of the sea as it reminded me of the noise we used to hear all day in a rear-facing aft cabin on Caribbean Princess. However, on closer inspection of the balcony, we discovered the entire roof was in fact an air vent. The vents span a total of 9 Aqua cabins on Deck 11 and are clearly visible on the attached photo. We checked and they appear to be on both sides of the ship. The noise is certainly not annoying and you don’t really notice it when out at sea but it’s clearly there when you are docked.

We were in 1642, the first cabin under the vents to the left side, so looking at the deck plan, the vents extend along to 1626.

Thought people might find this useful as I haven’t found many references to it.

Thanks for posting. I went to the S-cabin sticky and noticed that others have mentioned this air vent noise in balconies as well. But I only saw it specifically mentioned regarding staterooms on the starboard side.

You noted the same vents/noise issue on the port side cabins? Has anyone who has stayed in one of the first 9 or 10 AQ cabins on the port side, aft of the mid-ship hump cabins, noticed or been bothered by this air vent noise?

I am currently booked in one of these for my first transatlantic and hope to be able to spend a lot of time reading on the balcony.

We were on Eclipse last week in Aqua class on deck 11 starboard aft. Initially I thought the sound I could hear was the rushing of the sea as it reminded me of the noise we used to hear all day in a rear-facing aft cabin on Caribbean Princess. However, on closer inspection of the balcony, we discovered the entire roof was in fact an air vent. The vents span a total of 9 Aqua cabins on Deck 11 and are clearly visible on the attached photo. We checked and they appear to be on both sides of the ship. The noise is certainly not annoying and you don’t really notice it when out at sea but it’s clearly there when you are docked.

We were in 1642, the first cabin under the vents to the left side, so looking at the deck plan, the vents extend along to 1626.

Thought people might find this useful as I haven’t found many references to it.

Has anyone noticed this same vent noise issue on the port side of aft Aqua class cabins as described by Apple5?