Serende of the Seas -- What about Irons?

zelly2

Sorry, but no irons allowed onboard and no do-it-yourself facilities available on any RCI or Celebrity ship, as they are viewed as a major fire hazard. You can send things out for pressing at fairly reasonable prices, or just hang them in the bathroom while showering - most wrinkles will fall out Also consider taking along a travel size Downey Wrinkle Release - works pretty well on most fabrics.

Above all, just don't worry about wrinkles - no one will notice or care!

No irons, even travel irons, are permitted to be brought on board any RCI ships nor do they provide irons for guests. You can use their laundry service to get items pressed and if you use the search feature to investigate this subject you will find several recommended methods that don't involve using irons for eliminating or removing wrinkles. RCI and several other lines consider irons to be a fire hazard which is their stated reason for banning them Agree with their position or not, that is their policy and should anyone be found to be in violation of this policy the iron will be confiscated for the duration of the cruise and returned as you disembark on the last day.

Nope. No irons permitted. You can send something to be pressed, for a small fee.

We used to pack an iron back when you could, then switched to a steamer. Interestingly, we never used either item. We pack things that can wrinkle on hangers in individual plastic dry cleaner bags--no wrinkles.

Teddie

Thanks. It has been over 8 yrs. since last cruise, so I am rusty on a lot of things. Of course, things have changed a lot too as we all do.

Yes, I have taken travel iron and steamer and don't believe I ever used them. I will get some of the wrinkle release mentioned above just in

case I have lots of wrinkles. Thank you for reminding me of packing items in dry cleaner bags to eliminate wrinkles.

Second question, do I need a Power Strip or are they allowed on RCI?

I am going thru my old cruising items and just wondered if I need this item?

Thanks for your help.

Second question, do I need a Power Strip or are they allowed on RCI?

I am going thru my old cruising items and just wondered if I need this item?

Thanks for your help.

I always bring a power strip; never had a problem bringing it on board. Some have had theirs confiscated, though.

Teddie

We have been able to get a power strip on all of our cruises, (4 on RCI).

We use our daughters hair CHI (straightener) to re-press sleaves and pants, when we travel. They are permitted on cruises as well as curling irons, and hair dryers............and yes we unplug after use.

Sea Ya

Are we allowed to take travel irons onboard? If not, are there any irons available anywhere onboard. First time with RCL.

On our Oasis cruise last year, my mom, unbeknownst to us and not knowing the rules, had taken along an iron. It was confiscated and returned at the end of the cruise. There were no irons for passenger use on board. We tend to iron our clothes the morning of the cruise at the hotel and then put them in a garment bag.

no irons, coffee pots, etc.. power strips are fine and needed to you have multiple electronic devices you need to charge overnight. extension cords are iffy if you need one for a medical device like a crap mask, etc.. no problem you can take your own or ask and the room steward will get you one.

Are we allowed to take travel irons onboard? If not, are there any irons available anywhere onboard. First time with RCL.

no and no. the only option is to send the item out for pressing at half the cost of dry cleaning.. on all Royal ships( and Celebrity)

I have always taken a small travel iron - even on our Alaska cruise last summer - and it's never been taken away.

So have I....but you're not supposed to! If they find it, they will take it and hold it until the end of the trip.

Then why do you take one when surely you must know they are not permitted?

A big NO NO for irons. We departed the Explorer in September and when we reach the dock to head for our luggage there was a table with all kinds of irons and stuff that should not be brought onboard. That was the first time we have seen that. The items have the peoples names so they can claim them when leaving.

Check RCCL site for items not to bring.

Thanks for your help. I will bring power strip and hopefully be able to keep that while onboard. As to travel iron, will leave at home and use some of your ideas if wrinkles are bad.

Thank you so much.:)

Take comfort in the fact that EVERYONE on the cruise with you will be denied access to an iron too! I never really seen anyone that looked they needed an iron. Besides, they would have to make me walk the plank to get me to iron anything while on a cruise or a land vacation.

Archived