NEW LIVE from the Royal 10/29-1//10

paulmichael

Dave what site is this. Pretty cool. I sent it to a couple of people and they thought this was really neat. Thanks Dave like everyone has said you are The Man

This is the mobile phone app for Marine Traffic AIS. If you have an iPhone look for the app titled 'Marine Traffic Ships and Wind' for $3.99. :D

Thanks so much for posting everyone! I have really enjoyed reading about the Royal. Our family is sailing on the Royal in February. We are so excited. Last time we were on the Crown Princess some of us purchased the Ultimate Soda Package and others purchased the Ultimate Soda Package and More. We all got Coke tumblers and those who upgraded got a twirly straw. Is the Royal offering the same packages?

Thanks!

Thanks so much for posting everyone! I have really enjoyed reading about the Royal. Our family is sailing on the Royal in February. We are so excited. Last time we were on the Crown Princess some of us purchased the Ultimate Soda Package and others purchased the Ultimate Soda Package and More. We all got Coke tumblers and those who upgraded got a twirly straw. Is the Royal offering the same packages?

Thanks!

this is on all ships

Let's try this again! Yesterday's post disappeared. :eek:

Dave, thanks for all the screen captures!!!!

No one had to tender in St Maarten. It was awesome seeing all those ships docked in one place. We took a tour of the island and yes it was crazy crowded.

Elite laundry is coming back on time. It's our first experience and we are happy campers!

The pools are jammed. I was lucky enough to book the Sanctuary for the week. I now know what all the hootin and hollerin is about. Serious pampering and lovely serenity!!

We ate at the Crown Grill last night. The steaks were delicious and perfectly cooked.

Let me backtrack about the Allegro DR. It is still traditional seating for first seating. After that it is Anytime for the group on board. We got moved to Concerto but hope to be back in Allegro next cruise. Yes, we get to do this one more time with my sister, DBIL and two good friends. :D

We are eating breakfast and lunch in the Horizon Court. Food is excellent and there is always a table no matter when we go. Alfredo's is scrumptious.

The one and only thing I really don't like about the ship is.....you can't see the ocean while walking around the ship. All the curtains are kept drawn on Deck Seven because you would only see life boats.

Cheers, Denise.

Edited by dchip

Let's try this again! Yesterday's post disappeared. :eek:

The pools are jammed. I was lucky enough to book the Sanctuary for the week. I now know what all the hootin and hollerin is about. Serious pampering and lovely serenity!!

The one and only thing I really don't like about the ship is.....you can't see the ocean while walking around the ship. All the curtains are kept drawn on Deck Seven because you would only see life boats.

Cheers, Denise.

Hi Denise

How early did you get to the Sanctuary to be able to book for the whole week?

Someone wrote that he boarded at 11:30, went straight there and couldn't get a space.

Also, someone else said that because it's larger (and therefore had more people) it wasn't so quiet. Is there a location in the shade that's away from most of the loungers so it's quiet?

That's really sad about them keeping the curtains closed! :(

Printed my boarding pass and luggage tag today and the alcohol policy is clearly indicated on both.

Bringing Alcohol Onboard?

Please remember our carry-on alcohol policy:

• One 750ml bottle of wine or champagne per adult per voyage, which will not be subject to a corkage fee if consumed in the stateroom.

• Additional wine or champagne bottles are welcome, but will incur a $15 corkage fee per bottle, irrespective of where they are intended to be consumed.

• Other liquors, spirits or beers are prohibited. Luggage is subject to search.

Hope this helps those who have inquired previously about this. Mary Jane

We just watched the sunrise out of the ocean. What a great way to start the last leg of our time on the Royal. My DS, DBIL and two wonderful friends are here in FLL waiting to board!! We are excited.

Booking the Sanctuary isn't easy! The spots fill up very, very quickly. The TV's were not an issue where my lounge was. There are a lot of lounges in the sun. I had one more toward the front under the shade cloth. It was perfect.

One minor problem is the walking/jogging deck is very slippery after it rains. We had quite a few overnight and early morning showers this week. I was uncomfortable trying to walk up there. The decks around the pool and the Sanctuary are also slippery.

DAVE, I can't wait to hear how you manage all the bars and dining options! We still haven't been everywhere :eek: :D

Cheers, Denise

DAVE, I can't wait to hear how you manage all the bars and dining options! We still haven't been everywhere :eek: :D

Cheers, Denise

I have a plan....;) Actually, travelling solo helps since I can pretty much call my own shots. Speaking of bars, have those all on the list too. All of them. :D

We just watched the sunrise out of the ocean. What a great way to start the last leg of our time on the Royal. My DS, DBIL and two wonderful friends are here in FLL waiting to board!! We are excited.

Booking the Sanctuary isn't easy! The spots fill up very, very quickly. The TV's were not an issue where my lounge was. There are a lot of lounges in the sun. I had one more toward the front under the shade cloth. It was perfect.

One minor problem is the walking/jogging deck is very slippery after it rains. We had quite a few overnight and early morning showers this week. I was uncomfortable trying to walk up there. The decks around the pool and the Sanctuary are also slippery.

Cheers, Denise

Since you were on the ship this past week and again this one can you tell me which nights are formal nights? I was assuming the first one would be Tuesday and the other probably Friday?? If you are eating in the MDR do you know which night they served the Beef Wellington? I'm trying to plan our surcharge dining around the nights the MDR menu isn't as good and don't want to miss the Beef Wellington!!LOL We really want to tty the Ultimate Balcony Dinner and thought the night getting back on the ship from St. Marteen would be good.

Have a great week!!

Waiting at the airport to go home.:(. This is a gorgeous, very comfortable ship with a crew that is professional and most willing to please. Thank you to the captain for rearranging our itinerary to find the best weather! Thank you to the chefs for providing the best food we have had on any of our 7 Princess cruises. Lots of fun new dining venues, great seating around the ship, comfy mattresses, yummy drinks too! Check out the aft deck on 16, the bar with seafood/sushi on 7, the sundaes at the gelato bar. Lots of chairs on sea days. After the water show in the morning around 11 they shut the water and filled the area with lounges in front of the big screen. MUTS screen is much clearer in clarity and sound. Elevator suggestion - get on even if it is not the direction you want to go. You'll get there eventually! Balconies are small but certainly doable. Showers are a nice size! Dining rooms are so serene and elegant. The tables are all in great positions and so comfortable with the bench seating. Ignore the grumbling. Some just don't like change! We did walkoff because we had a 1030 flight. FYI we got to the airport at 700am!! Have a ball! This is a great ship!

Waiting at the airport to go home.:(. This is a gorgeous, very comfortable ship with a crew that is professional and most willing to please. Thank you to the captain for rearranging our itinerary to find the best weather! Thank you to the chefs for providing the best food we have had on any of our 7 Princess cruises. Lots of fun new dining venues, great seating around the ship, comfy mattresses, yummy drinks too! Check out the aft deck on 16, the bar with seafood/sushi on 7, the sundaes at the gelato bar. Lots of chairs on sea days. After the water show in the morning around 11 they shut the water and filled the area with lounges in front of the big screen. MUTS screen is much clearer in clarity and sound. Elevator suggestion - get on even if it is not the direction you want to go. You'll get there eventually! Balconies are small but certainly doable. Showers are a nice size! Dining rooms are so serene and elegant. The tables are all in great positions and so comfortable with the bench seating. Ignore the grumbling. Some just don't like change! We did walkoff because we had a 1030 flight. FYI we got to the airport at 700am!! Have a ball! This is a great ship!

That is great to hear, glad you had a wonderful cruise and have safe travels home. Did you by chance get any menus for the MDR? There are plenty floating around from Europe sailings but haven't seen any yet for Caribbean. What cabin were you in? I leave next Sunday, getting even more excited!!

Thanks so much for the post!!

Thanks for your review of your cruise on the Royal. Glad it met your expectations. Safe travels home. :D:)

Sorry, I didn't keep the menus. Can report that even the standard yummy dishes , I.e., fettucini Alfredo, goat cheese souffle, lobster tails were exceptionally good. Don't miss Alfedos. The salad, veggie app, eggplant and veal ravioli are memorable. We were in Concerto, 2nd seating and listened to Anna Maria from Romania, our server for suggestions. She was spot on. I believe she was moving to fixed seating Allegro this trip. We were table 319. Had steaks at Crown Grill. Very good! She advised against steak in dining room on the last night. Turkey dish instead was great! Went to Crown Grill on Wednesday, and I believe the formal nights were Monday and Thursday. Our room was d515, a deluxe balcony. The ship is very stable btw.

Sorry, I didn't keep the menus. Can report that even the standard yummy dishes , I.e., fettucini Alfredo, goat cheese souffle, lobster tails were exceptionally good. Don't miss Alfedos. The salad, veggie app, eggplant and veal ravioli are memorable. We were in Concerto, 2nd seating and listened to Anna Maria from Romania, our server for suggestions. She was spot on. I believe she was moving to fixed seating Allegro this trip. We were table 319. Had steaks at Crown Grill. Very good! She advised against steak in dining room on the last night. Turkey dish instead was great! Went to Crown Grill on Wednesday, and I believe the formal nights were Monday and Thursday. Our room was d515, a deluxe balcony. The ship is very stable btw.

Oh wow, so first formal night was after Princess Cay?

Our 11/3-10 cruise had a change in itinerary due to bad weather at princess cay. we had 2 sea days, then St. Maarten, St Thomas, and Grand Turk, sea day, then home. Not sure if formal nights were changed due to our itinerary change.

OK, thanks!!