best cruises back to back options

steve4031

Just curious. If I understand correctly it is possible to get discounts on back to back cruises. Since ships tend to do one itinerary on cruise, and a different the next, I was wondering if it was possible to set up a list of the best back to back combinations.

Just curious. If I understand correctly it is possible to get discounts on back to back cruises. Since ships tend to do one itinerary on cruise, and a different the next, I was wondering if it was possible to set up a list of the best back to back combinations.

NO, you do not get a discount for doing B2B cruises. In many cases, you'll get a fruit basket & bottle of wine at the beginning of the 2nd leg.

Another advantage is doing 2 cruises with only 1 airfare.

We've done B2B on Liberty & Freedom. We're doing another B2B on Liberty next January. We will have the same cabin for both.

For each of our B2bs we've had 2 different itineraries - Eastern & Western.

CarnivalBreeze-IMG_2001.JPG

Carnival Glory is an excellent choice for back-to-back cruises. Not only does it do different itineraries during the two weeks, but you stop at four ports each week. A lot of cruises just stop at three. So, after two weeks on the Carnival Glory you will have visited 8 ports... where it only would have been six on most ships.

We did a back-to-back on the Glory two years ago. We liked it so much that we'll be doing it again next year.

Another thing that the Carnival Glory has going for it is that it has received the Funship 2.0 enhancements. A lot of ships in the Carnival fleet still have not. Also, there's a big advantage over her sister ship, the Carnival Conquest... the Glory has a Serenity retreat, which the Conquest does not.

The Glory really has a lot going for it!

Do also consider the Carnival Breeze and the Carnival Sunshine... as they are the current "state of the art" in Carnival cruising. But I bet you'll find the pricing and availability of cabins to be a little better on the Glory... and the itineraries featuring four ports per week are great!

One final consideration is that the Glory sails out of Miami... which is Carnival's best terminal. As I said, a cruise on the Carnival Glory has a LOT going for it.

No discounts. And I may be the only human who has sailed a B2B and did NOT receive the gift basket at the beginning of leg 2.

I drove to port, so no savings there, either.

I did it because Carnival doesn't offer longer itineraries.

Other lines often package B2B cruises and sell as one longer one at a price less than the two separately. But not Carnival!

I combined a 5 + 7 day, which was a perfect length. Was on it last year at this time. Too bad Hurricane Sandy intervened and disrupted the itinerary on both legs.

You don't get a discount but you can still save money. My next B2B in November will cost me $360 for 10 days, my 7 day April cruise coming up is $779. And not all B2B cruises switch itineraries, my November B2B is doing the same itinerary.

GO CARDINALS!!!!!!!!!

You don't get a discount but you can still save money. My next B2B in November will cost me $360 for 10 days, my 7 day April cruise coming up is $779. And not all B2B cruises switch itineraries, my November B2B is doing the same itinerary.

GO CARDINALS!!!!!!!!!

That's a nice discount for 10 days. I guess it varies on a case by case basis.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

That's a nice discount for 10 days. I guess it varies on a case by case basis.

Yes it definitely varies, it was $179 for each 5 day cruise. My brother was looking at the exact same cruise in February, it was $369 for each 5 day cruise.

GO CARDINALS!!!!!!!!!

Yes it definitely varies, it was $179 for each 5 day cruise. My brother was looking at the exact same cruise in February, it was $369 for each 5 day cruise.

GO CARDINALS!!!!!!!!!

Ok so you did get a discount for back to back. About 190.

No...he did not receive a discount. The cruise his brother was looking at was at a different time of year. If someone booked the same 5 day cruise as one of his they would have paid the same price.

Now, back in the day they did give discounts for b2b's but they have not done that since the early 90's.

No, that's not a discount, that's just a price difference. Every cruise out there has a price difference, even from one week to the next let alone month to month. I would have paid $179 per cruise whether it was 1or 2 cruises. I didn't get the same price for each cruise in the beginning, I had to price watch. In the beginning the second cruise started out higher. If you were to look now they are different prices. There are no discounts for B2B.

GO CARDINALS!!!!!!!!!

You can also consider doing two different ships. Some people dont really consider this a B2B but it is an option. You would just look at schedules and choose one that leaves the same day as you come back.

It's not the way people traditionally think of B2B cruises but you could definitely do it. One of my last cruises out of NOLA there was a group of people doing B2B on different cruise lines.

GO CARDINALS!!!!!!!!!

The real advantage other than a longer vacation is you can stock up on booze the first week.

I've received bottles both ways buying it on the islands the first week and have it delivered right to your door the last night of your first cruise.

The tax & duty free store on the ship same thing.

This will sound strange to some, but we did a b2b last month on the Valor. The cruise is port intensive, with 5 stops. What we planned was to alternate between quiet and more active stops to make it a more restful cruise. Did not work out quite as planned due to some rainy weather, but we still had an awesome cruise. The crew on that ship are amazing.

You don’t get a discount doing a back to back cruise. You do have to pay two deposits.

We did receive priority boarding for our first leg of the cruise.

What qualified you for priority boarding? Did you have a suite or are you Diamond/Platinum? I've never heard of priority boarding for doing a B2B. Just curious because we are doing a five day B2B in 2015.

As far as the rates go, we are on the same ship same cabin both weeks. The second week cost us $32 more pp than the first week just because it's President's Week.

Archived