Help.... am I getting cheated???

The cruise is $90 and the taxes/fees are $320?

I'm no expert, but something sounds fishy to me.

I just did a fake booking for your sailing. I don't know what kind of cabin you have, but I did an Inside with U/L.

It's $289pp. Government taxes and fees are $48.67pp.

That should tell you something.

Edited by KenMo

I used a travel agent to book my cruise, I secured my cruise with the early saver plan and I check daily to check price drops , carnival says my cruise is 568 and the ta says My cruise is 90 and the port fees and taxes are 320 dollars, are they trying to stop me from getting my rate lowered ?

Doing the math you provide here, your cruise is $410. How much lower do you expect to go with 3 people in the cabin? If Carnival is $568, that's an extra $158. What facts are we missing here?

That's not the point. The TA as her representative is not being honest with her. Regardless of how low the price may already be (and it seems to be a great price), if Carnival drops their price to five bucks a head, she's entitled to the discount. She shouldn't have to worry about being scammed and lied to by her TA.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

I used a travel agent to book my cruise, I secured my cruise with the early saver plan and I check daily to check price drops , carnival says my cruise is 568 and the ta says My cruise is 90 and the port fees and taxes are 320 dollars, are they trying to stop me from getting my rate lowered ?

so how much are you paying total for your cruise? $410 or $568?

The cruise is $90 and the taxes/fees are $320?

I'm no expert, but something sounds fishy to me.

I just did a fake booking for your sailing. I don't know what kind of cabin you have, but I did an Inside with U/L.

It's $289pp. Government taxes and fees are $48.67pp.

That should tell you something.

OP didn't say PP. Maybe she'll come back and clarify. Anyhow, Carnival includes port charges in their fare, but the TA breaks it down differently.

Get on the Carnival web site, and look at the rundown of charges. That should show you what Carnival is expecting to get from you, and if it's different than what this fishy agent is charging you, then I'd take some action,,,one way or the other.

"SKY"

sounds like the TA doesn't want to loose any commission from the lower price.

OP. as the other poster stated. Call Carnival and tell them you want to transfer your booking to them NOT thru the TA as this person is giving you headaches. I know some ppl like their TA's especially if they have used them for a long time. My sister does with all her trips (mostly land) I like using my Carnival PVP vs even booking online.

Do a screen shot of the rates you are see'ing for the SAME cabin, SAME # ppl and the SAME deck. And if that price is lower than what the TA booked you at ES. you are intitled to the ES rate. A form has to be filled out and submitted to Carnival which since you used a TA they are the ones that have to do it.

Ask the TA for a copy of your invoice - when you booked with him he got a copy from Carnival - your pricing is on there.

Then you can compare with what Carnival is selling your cabin for now.

If pricing is not what he says it is, then Id call Carnival with the above suggestion.

Did you pay with a credit card? Hopefully your statement shows a payment to Carnival Cruise Lines and not to the agency itself. The agency can only pay Carnival what is due that way.

this is why i always book the cruise my self. either on line or with a carnival rep. that way when i book early saver i can make a claim myself with the online form for obc when the price is reduced. i would hate to have to deal with a ta everytime the rate is reduced.

If the quote is $410 total from the TA, how do you know Carnival is charging $568? I've yet to figure out how the OP is being cheated based on the first post.:confused:

I don’t the original post either. I don’t get how the fare can be $90 total. I don’t know how many days he/she is cruising but $90 total doesn’t seem right. And the taxes and port charges also don’t seem right. However, the cruise price is less than the $568 OP is saying Carnival’s website is currently showing. So I don’t see how there’s any cheating going on. Any TA should be able to provide you with an invoice showing your charges.

Ok I'm back, the exact invoice from ta says I paid 811.20 total 420.00 cruise rate 366.21 port/taxes 24.99 processing fee

Carnival invoice states I paid 687 cruise rate 146 taxes/fees 30 obc

I paid off my cruise in sept and I had the es plan

Second cruise

Invoice ta 370 cruise rate 40 obc 295.34 tax/port fees 24.99 process fee total 730.33

Carnival invoice 568.00 cruise rate 97.34 tax total 665.34

The price has dropped but ta says I'm not entitled to the drop because my cruise rate is cheaper than carnivals rate

I've never used a ta and I'm confused, they refuse to let me speak with a supervisor. I lucked out by calling the 800 # and speaking to a different agent and was able to get my price adjusted and 30 obc on the first cruise after trying for a month. But that doesn't even show on the ta invoice only carnivals

When a TA books a cruise, the port fees and taxes are broken out, because these are not part of the commissionable fare. On Carnival's website, the port fees (but not the taxes) are shown as included in the cruise fare. This is the discrepancy you're seeing.

Bottom line, if you want to book ES, direct is the best way. TA's don't like losing commission, and a lot of them will charge a fee to submit price drops.

As for the OP's situation, I didn't do the math, so I don't know how it breaks down in relation to Carnival's pricing, but I just wanted to explain the discrepancy in the fare breakdowns.