Are the Caribe Balconies larger on the Royal?

oskidunker

There are some balconies that are larger than others. For example, MA class mini -suites..you have to look at the deck plan and find the ones that are mid-ship and have a bumpout. I did some serious deck/balcony scans (deck by deck) before I booked my cabin on the Regal. Also, people are now aware of this and book them right away. Princess is also getting premium $ for these balconies.

There are some balconies that are larger than others. For example, MA class mini -suites..you have to look at the deck plan and find the ones that are mid-ship and have a bumpout. I did some serious deck/balcony scans (deck by deck) before I booked my cabin on the Regal. Also, people are now aware of this and book them right away. Princess is also getting premium $ for these balconies.

Princess has always charged premiums for Caribe and Dolphin deck balconies on it's ships. The other decks have smaller balconies. On the Royal, the premium balconies are aft, forward and mid- ship. :)

Princess has always charged premiums for Caribe and Dolphin deck balconies on it's ships. The other decks have smaller balconies. On the Royal, the premium balconies are aft, forward and mid- ship. :)
Actually, with the new recategorization of cabins, the forward Caribe deck balconies on the Grand class ships are now Cat BE and the aft cabins are Cat BD. These are lower categories than the former Cat BB for these cabins :)

Actually, with the new recategorization of cabins, the forward Caribe deck balconies on the Grand class ships are now Cat BE and the aft cabins are Cat BD. These are lower categories than the former Cat BB for these cabins :)

That may be true, but if you go up a deck, the same area is less money. If you go down to Dolphin, the same area is more than Caribe. So you are paying a premium for the deck.:)

That may be true, but if you go up a deck, the same area is less money. If you go down to Dolphin, the same area is more than Caribe. So you are paying a premium for the deck.:)
Aft and forward balconies are the same category on Caribe and Baja decks on the smaller Grand class ships and the same on Caribe, Baja and Aloha decks on the larger Grand class ships. You can't compare Dolphin deck because they are mini-suites. You only pay a premium for Caribe deck if you choose a cabin in the center sections.

Marina 107 and 108 are largest on ship. Forward port and starboard over the bridge wings. Best value for dollar on ship. We were thrilled with layout. Had three dinners and special breakfast on balcony. You can hold a party for 30 no problems

Marina 107 and 108 are largest on ship. Forward port and starboard over the bridge wings. Best value for dollar on ship. We were thrilled with layout. Had three dinners and special breakfast on balcony. You can hold a party for 30 no problems

Could you use the balcony when the ship was underway?

1383065739000-AP-Royal-Princess-arrived-at-Port-Everglades.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The doors were not locked and the only restriction was to keep shades closed at night to keep any light glare from affecting the bridge which is directly below. We enjoyed all sail always and arrivals to ports on the balcony. It gets quite windy and trying to have a meal while underway would not work. You could sun on the deck though as the wall which is about 4 ft high does block some wind if you are below the rail. We had several meals on deck while at ports before setting sail or stopped in port.