Allure of the seas???

scumbers

Hi all

Need a bit of advice. Looking at cruising on the allure of seas but have been on ruby princess and celebrity eclipse

What is this ship like. Is it noisy with 6000 people. Is the service good and food etc and space on sun deck or do you have to fight to get a sun bed

Thanks for advice and help

We have sailed on both Allure and Oasis several times each. Even though they have a capacity for nearly six thousand passengers and crew, these ships don't seem as crowded as some smaller ships we have sailed because Royal has done an amazing job of managing activities so that not all passngers are in one place at the same time.

For example, shows are managed so that you must have reservations. That puts passengers at different places at the same time. Only a limited number can be at the dive show. Others will be at the theater show and others will be at the Comedy Club or ice show. So folks are spread out all over the ship.

There are a few times when there are crowds. For some reason many passengers head to the Windjammer for lunch on boarding day and it does get really busy. But there are other places to eat lunch. You don't have to get in the Windjammer crowds that day.

The area where the ice show and Comedy Club and Jazz Club all open onto a common area can get crowded as waiting lines for the Comedy Club back up. These crowds disperse quite rapidly. It is like any large event, such as after a game at an arena or a popular movie.

The Prominade can be noisy and crowded before one of the two parades during the cruise and the music is loud for the parades. We think the parades are great fun. Also there are one or two Prominade parties such as the seventies disco party.

One area that is peaceful and tranquil pretty much always is the Central Park area. We love to sit out there at night. Often there is a short concert of acoustic guitar or a string quartet. That is very relaxing.

The Boardwalk can be noisy when there is a dive show.

We don't go to the swimming pool areas, so I can't answer your question in regard to that. The FlowRider, basketball court, rock climbing wall, putt putt golf areas do play loud, energetic music much of the day. There are loungers out there and it is often breezy. Many people seem to like to rest out there as do I.

In a day or two you will probably know your way around the ship well enough to seek out the quiet you prefer and avoid the louder parts of the ship. We think Allure and Oasis are spectacular ships. We love them for their shows and restaurants. We really like the energetic vibe. We do book ocean view balcony cabins on these ships. When all the fun gets too tiring, we retreat to our balcony.

We have sailed on both Allure and Oasis several times each. Even though they have a capacity for nearly six thousand passengers and crew, these ships don't seem as crowded as some smaller ships we have sailed because Royal has done an amazing job of managing activities so that not all passngers are in one place at the same time.

For example, shows are managed so that you must have reservations. That puts passengers at different places at the same time. Only a limited number can be at the dive show. Others will be at the theater show and others will be at the Comedy Club or ice show. So folks are spread out all over the ship.

There are a few times when there are crowds. For some reason many passengers head to the Windjammer for lunch on boarding day and it does get really busy. But there are other places to eat lunch. You don't have to get in the Windjammer crowds that day.

The area where the ice show and Comedy Club and Jazz Club all open onto a common area can get crowded as waiting lines for the Comedy Club back up. These crowds disperse quite rapidly. It is like any large event, such as after a game at an arena or a popular movie.

The Prominade can be noisy and crowded before one of the two parades during the cruise and the music is loud for the parades. We think the parades are great fun. Also there are one or two Prominade parties such as the seventies disco party.

One area that is peaceful and tranquil pretty much always is the Central Park area. We love to sit out there at night. Often there is a short concert of acoustic guitar or a string quartet. That is very relaxing.

The Boardwalk can be noisy when there is a dive show.

We don't go to the swimming pool areas, so I can't answer your question in regard to that. The FlowRider, basketball court, rock climbing wall, putt putt golf areas do play loud, energetic music much of the day. There are loungers out there and it is often breezy. Many people seem to like to rest out there as do I.

In a day or two you will probably know your way around the ship well enough to seek out the quiet you prefer and avoid the louder parts of the ship. We think Allure and Oasis are spectacular ships. We love them for their shows and restaurants. We really like the energetic vibe. We do book ocean view balcony cabins on these ships. When all the fun gets too tiring, we retreat to our balcony.

Ditto all the above!

The areas in the sun have plenty of room for everyone. Go and see for yourself. You will not want to go back to those "smaller ships." :)

Before we sailed the Allure this past summer, I always thought I would never do it. Too big! Too many people! NOT.

We are now addicted to her size and beauty.

Sure, you notice people on embarkation day, and after the shows, and breakfast in the windjammer is an experience on sea days:eek:, but it is worth it.

You will enjoy.

Sea Ya

Going on Allure in June 2014; have been on Navigator, Jewel, Liberty, Enchantment and Majesty....so been on various sizes. I have found the same thing on every cruise.

It seems we see the same '50 people' all cruise long and continually bump into them. Whether it is on the ship or on the excursions -- I have found this to be an amazing phenomenon. These are the same people that must have similar interests to ours. I don't worry about the rest of the cruisers. Will the parade areas be more crowded, sure...so arrive a little earlier to find your 'perfect spot'....other than that, I am prepared to cross paths with the same 50 people no matter what size ship it is.

DW and I have been on the Freedom of the Seas twice, we are booked for the Allure for Sept 2014. We are hoping that we don't find the size a downer for us.

The bigger the ship the more there is to do, is my philosophy. I have sailed on Majesty of the Seas, many time (going again over Thanksgiving Weekend), it is small and doesn't have some of the new things like Flowrider....but it still is a wonderful, ship and we always have a terrific time....doing as much or as little as we want to do.

Cruisers, make it the experience they want to have....is my belief.

You will not want to go back to those "smaller ships." :)

This is a very personal subject and everyone will have their opinion. We sailed Oasis and I will never do so again. I gladly return to the "smaller ships" in the fleet. Just wanted to say that I appreciate your sentiment but not everyone feels this way. :)

We just got off Allure on the 27th and were really impressed on how the design kept it from seeming busy. No elevator problems, no problems getting on, off. Quiet area's library, schooner bar, solarium, CP at night, Broadway when not a show, the decks off 11and 12 in the back. We could always find a seat in the solarium. No problem getting exercise equipment in the morning. On deck 4(5?) by the jogging track is some chairs to sit and watch the water and was uncrowded. The ship was full that week. Really got to hand it to RCI on the design we have done Epic, this is better for crowds.

I recently went on the Allure and even on sea days the ship was quite manageable in terms of the number of people.

The only times things were crowded were parades down the Royal Promenade, and the day the cruise started. It seemed that except for those two days, people just dispersed to different parts of the ship.

I did not eat in Windjammer at all, and instead ate at alternate restaurants for all meals, so I cannot comment on that, but the alternate places were never crowded.

Hi all

Need a bit of advice. Looking at cruising on the allure of seas but have been on ruby princess and celebrity eclipse

What is this ship like. Is it noisy with 6000 people. Is the service good and food etc and space on sun deck or do you have to fight to get a sun bed

Thanks for advice and help

Let the photos speak for themselves. You won't get views like this on any other ship besides Allure or Oasis! Zip Line, Rock Wall, Broadway shows, only on Royal Caribbean! :D

AquaTheater.jpg.6f29a61625731ce83206e92e604cab6b.jpg

Boardwalk.jpg.5795aeee300ad93e58e4fe1b32c2ea7c.jpg

894369301_CentralPark.jpg.b7f64d9c4cde31d4d7a2e0631b526648.jpg

Pool.jpg.d8375463ae7391b91e6f822ee007f251.jpg

Archived