It's too early for CHRISTMAS music!!

wrp96

Don't get me wrong. I love Sleigh Ride, I'll Be Home for Christmas, etc

But NOT the first week in November. :rolleyes: I thought I was just imagining it yesterday in the dining room, but it was loud and clear in the Solarium this morning.

Can we please wait until after (US) Thanksgiving?

Are you kidding, Wrona? Most retailers now consider Halloween to be the starting line! I have been seeing Christmas merchandise in stores for at least two weeks now. (Maybe they are all Canadians. ;))

Edited by Merion_Mom

Don't get me wrong. I love Sleigh Ride, I'll Be Home for Christmas, etc

But NOT the first week in November. :rolleyes: I thought I was just imagining it yesterday in the dining room, but it was loud and clear in the Solarium this morning.

Can we please wait until after (US) Thanksgiving?

I agree it is too early. although we had a little snow yesterday. Still do not want to hear "Grandma got run over by a reindeer" for a while yet.:eek::eek:

To each their own I guess... I've been listening to Christmas music for over a month now. :D

Oh I've been practicing it for 3 months already. And usually in July when it's 100 degrees out I'll watch White Christmas.

But it's too early to be hearing it at breakfast in the Caribbean when the decorations aren't even up yet.

Out of respect, I propose that no Christmans music should be played at the retail level until AFTER Remembrance Day (Veterans Day in the USA).

And, believe me, I am a Christmas music fanatic - can't get enough (during the proper season)

Edited by Toddcan

Are you kidding, Wrona? Most retailers now consider Halloween to be the starting line! I have been seeing Christmas merchandise in stores for at least two weeks now. (Maybe they are all Canadians. ;))

I saw Christmas stock in US retailers at Labour Day... Yet to see any in Canada (despite our early Thanksgiving)

;-)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I went to Lowes yesterday and they had all their Christmas stuff out too... too early.

Christmas season does not begin until noon on Thanksgiving Day when Santa arrives in front of Macy's !

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

This! And I'm not from NY! LOL!!!

But my goodness, can we enjoy FALL/AUTUMN before we get into the 'holiday spirit'?? Sheesh! I don't want to deal with people getting offended about "Merry Christmas" vs "Happy Holidays" any sooner than I absolutely have to! LOL!!!!

The Rockettes Christmas Show at Radio City Music Hall in New York City begins this week. We were there the Saturday before Christmas last year. It really gets you in the holiday spirit to see this show and to see the tree at Rockefeller Center. Nothing like being in New York near Christmas.

Cruise ship horns,

Cruise ship horns,

Cruise ships all the way!

Oh, what fun it is to cruise,

On any random day-ay!

Cruise ship horns,

Cruise ship horns,

Cruise ships all the way!

Oh, what fun it is to cruise,

On any random day!

(I'm available to change any holiday song to something more palatable around these parts.) :p:eek:

Having Christmas merchandise out early is not something new. It has been happening for over 40 years. My first job, back in 1970 was for a major retail store in Pittsburgh, Pa, known then as Kaufmann's. Today, it known as Macy's. The Christmas decoration department,s that I worked in, opened up on November 1 of each year.

On another note, one if not two of the local radio stations in the Detroit, Michigan area switch to "all Christmas music" beginning November 1st. My only complaint is that they stop playing it December 25. I think they should switch to all Christmas music a little later in November, and continue it to at least January 1st.

I like Christmas music myself, but when it is actually the Christmas season and NOT the retailer's sale calendar. It's banned from my house entirely until the day after Thanksgiving and it goes off on the weekend closest to January 5th.

Amusingly enough, that's the same schedule the Christian radio stations follow here too. They are currently putting an emphasis on Thanksgiving.