Royal Princess. The budget ship.

antsp

The price of a balcony cabin next to the one we have booked on the Royal in March is showing a total of $900 more than we paid. Doesn't look like prices are dropping to me!

I have no idea what category of balcony you're in, but on checking today, 3/4 of the balcony cabin categories have dropped quite a bit. There were a few that were up though but most were down.

I agree it doesn't seem right but I am not in PA and get $649.

There are many factors in your passenger profile that we are not privy to which may affect pricing.

Just like airlines there may be 20 different fares for the same accommodations.

Mike:)

I am not from Florida nor PA. Just little ole Delaware. But I am signed up for last minute sales. Wonder if that is the common denominator.

Kathleen

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I am not from Florida nor PA. Just little ole Delaware. But I am signed up for last minute sales. Wonder if that is the common denominator.

Kathleen

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I signed up for that also. I never get last minute email deals though. At least nit from princess.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

I have no idea what category of balcony you're in, but on checking today, 3/4 of the balcony cabin categories have dropped quite a bit. There were a few that were up though but most were down.

For our cruise leaving 3/30/14, I am seeing a significant increase. We are in a

a BB category balcony which we got for $2300 (for 2 people, and includes taxes etc). If I do a mock booking for the cabin next door (same category) the price is over $3000 right now. (I misspoke when I said $900 difference, it is $700).

I had also been keeping an eye on a category MA midship minisuite, but I think I waited too long as the price on those have jumped up $1000 over what I could have booked one for a few weeks ago.

Every category except the far forward cabins have jumped in price - at least they have for me when I log into the Princess site.

When I originally booked, I was being offered prices that were significantly lower than others on the same cruise. In fact, a few of those people lived within 5 miles of me and they weren't seeing the pricing I was. I have no idea why we were tagged to recieve special pricing at that time, but I guess that's over now!

a BB category balcony which we got for $2300 (for 2 people, and includes taxes etc). If I do a mock booking for the cabin next door (same category) the price is over $3000 right now. (I misspoke when I said $900 difference, it is $700).

Yeah, I can see the BB is up...I see it as low as 1,170 and now at 1,419 (before any TA reductions or specials.) On the other hand, I see a BD at 1,139 now and it was 1,454. There are 8 balcony categories up and 12 that are down.

Yeah, I can see the BB is up...I see it as low as 1,170 and now at 1,419 (before any TA reductions or specials.) On the other hand, I see a BD at 1,139 now and it was 1,454. There are 8 balcony categories up and 12 that are down.

I also find it strange that a regular mid aft balcony is more than a deluxe mid aft balcony. At least on my Princess personalizer. :confused:

March 30th is getting into spring break time. Demand will be high.

Balcony on the Royal for 7 days in the Caribbean on 11/24 this year starts at $649 (plus the usual taxes/fees).

Seven days on the Crown Princess on 11/23 in a balcony cabin start at $1049.

Balcony on the RCCL Behemouths of The Seas, ships older than the Royal, starts at $1079 that week.

The only conclusion is that the Royal is not selling as well as the Crown Princess or either of the two RCCL newest ships, all with Caribbean itineraries.

March 30th is getting into spring break time. Demand will be high.

Balcony on the Royal for 7 days in the Caribbean on 11/24 this year starts at $649 (plus the usual taxes/fees).

Seven days on the Crown Princess on 11/23 in a balcony cabin start at $1049.

Balcony on the RCCL Behemouths of The Seas, ships older than the Royal, starts at $1079 that week.

The only conclusion is that the Royal is not selling as well as the Crown Princess or either of the two RCCL newest ships, all with Caribbean itineraries.

I think you must be part of the group that is seeing special pricing. When I log in to Princess and do a mock booking of the Royal for 11/24, the cheapest balcony cabin starts at $1049. The price I, and I'm sure many other people are seeing is right in line with pricing on all of the other ships you mentioned.

In case anyone booked in February and looking for a reduction, just received Winter Clearance email from Princess stating February 23, 2014 Royal sailing has balcony at $698pp. When I sign into Princess.com, getting that rate for February 9, 16 and 23rd sailings. Also, still showing $649pp balcony for Christmas sailing.

I just checked on the 2/23/14 sailing and you can get an UN-obstructed balcony for $698 pp and OBC. Pretty darn cheap. As comparison, we are booked on Celebrity Reflection the same time and paid $1,100 but did get a free beverage package and $150 OBC which we thought was a great deal.

Balcony cabin for $650.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Island hop in the Caribbean with a weeklong cruise on Princess Cruises' newest shipfor $599 per person -- a savings of $250 per person when compared with similar sailings.

With this deal, score a $175 onboard credit per cabin to use on anything from cocktails to spa treatments. Sail roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale on the Royal Princess to the Bahamas, St. Thomas and St. Maarten on Feb. 9 (over Valentine's Day), Feb. 16 or Feb. 23.

For $49 more per person, sail in a balcony cabin and snag a $200 onboard credit per cabin.

Ship features include the SeaWalk -- the first-of-its-kind glass-bottom walkway set 128 feet above the ocean providing unbeatable views of the ocean -- a poolside Movies Under the Stars event with popcorn and The Sanctuary, an adults-only haven with VIP cabanas.

This is part of a larger Royal Princess sale including reduced last-minute December sailings and balcony cabins that come with even more onboard credit.

Note: Taxes are an additional $95 per person.

Book by Nov. 8. Top 20 deal – sells out quickly.:eek:

No doom and gloom from me...had a wonderful time and would sail on the Royal again in a minute.

Same here. I sailed on her maiden voyage----Southampton to Barcelona and it was wonderful. I'm booked on her again to do the Baltic next June.

Looks like some great deals for February 2014 Royal cruises. The two sailings prior to Christmas have really good fares, too. A mini-suite for $999!!!!! Mostly guarantees (personally, would never book this) but a couple of other decent cabins, too. Less than what I paid but that's life!

Wow! I came to this board because I just learned I have only one more cruise to make platinum. I don't really know what that is on Princess, but I am very hopeful it is early boarding. I have it on Carnival..and now they SELL it with FTTF. So it is back to the hordes.

And I am taking a group of people ( Daughter and family) + DH and myself, so we are booked on the Carnival Dream . I did not have the sense to realize that if it is Spring Break in Florida that week..it most likely is in a lot of other places. The ship goes to the Western C. that week. So does every ship out of tampa. And Miami..except for Liberty....which does not go to St. Marteen. And Fort Lauderdale.

Princess goes to the Cayman Islands and Cozumel and takes a long time doing it on the Ruby. Why don't they stop at Key West? I love that port. And our Times are wrong for the Emerald. So it is the Royal, I am thinking of switching too. Dread the drive . But I love Princess. And I would LOVE to get early boarding on Princess. Woo Hoo.

So...............what is wrong with the Royal? They do not have any OV's. With a 3 years old GD who can climb like a Monkey..........I am afraid of a balcony for them. but I hate to be sitting on a balcony with them in Inside. there is only $50 difference between an IS and BAL.

What is going on? And as long as they play Trivia....we are pretty happy.

Have any of you ever had a toddler in a balcony? Her parents are in their early 30's. both employed with a decent level of sense.

Edited by AmberTeka

Wow! I came to this board because I just learned I have only one more cruise to make platinum. I don't really know what that is on Princess, but I am very hopeful it is early boarding. I have it on Carnival..and now they SELL it with FTTF. So it is back to the hordes.

And I am taking a group of people ( Daughter and family) + DH and myself, so we are booked on the Carnival Dream . I did not have the sense to realize that if it is Spring Break in Florida that week..it most likely is in a lot of other places. The ship goes to the Western C. that week. So does every ship out of tampa. And Miami..except for Liberty....which does not go to St. Marteen. And Fort Lauderdale.

Princess goes to the Cayman Islands and Cozumel and takes a long time doing it on the Ruby. Why don't they stop at Key West? I love that port. And our Times are wrong for the Emerald. So it is the Royal, I am thinking of switching too. Dread the drive . But I love Princess. And I would LOVE to get early boarding on Princess. Woo Hoo.

So...............what is wrong with the Royal? They do not have any OV's. With a 3 years old GD who can climb like a Monkey..........I am afraid of a balcony for them. but I hate to be sitting on a balcony with them in Inside. there is only $50 difference between an IS and BAL.

What is going on? And as long as they play Trivia....we are pretty happy.

Have any of you ever had a toddler in a balcony? Her parents are in their early 30's. both employed with a decent level of sense.

I've had my daughter (then a toddler) in a balcony cabin on more than one occasion. No problem whatsoever. Typically, she was in the kids clubs most of the time, but I just made sure I was on the balcony with her. Enjoy!

In case anyone booked in February and looking for a reduction, just received Winter Clearance email from Princess stating February 23, 2014 Royal sailing has balcony at $698pp. When I sign into Princess.com, getting that rate for February 9, 16 and 23rd sailings. Also, still showing $649pp balcony for Christmas sailing.

We got the same email with the same prices.

I don't see all gloom and doom. I see a lot of posters that had a good time, would sail her again, and posters looking forward to cruising on the Royal.

I see and hear the same people griping and complaining over and over about how Princess done them wrong, how they will never set foot on the ship, and they expect her and the Regal to fail.

Someone didn't get the memo that there are other people in the world cruising that may have different likes and opinions. If you open your minds and realize that you have 14 other Princess ships to sail, then you have a solution to your Royal Princess agony. Go book a cruise on a ship you like and stop dwelling on the one you hate.:D

There is no doom and gloom. The Royal Princess is a nice ship, but it is not as great as it could have been. There have been design mistakes including balconies being to small, large crowds, poor service in the MDR, absence of a Central Staircase and to few pools.

Would I recommend that individuals avoid the Royal Princess. No...we did have a great time sailing on her. Are there better ships for the same price, in my opinion yes, such as the Solstice Class Celebrity.

I would suggest that one compare ships, including the itinerary and make a decision on this.

There is no doom and gloom. The Royal Princess is a nice ship, but it is not as great as it could have been. There have been design mistakes including balconies being to small, large crowds, poor service in the MDR, absence of a Central Staircase and to few pools.

Would I recommend that individuals avoid the Royal Princess. No...we did have a great time sailing on her. Are there better ships for the same price, in my opinion yes, such as the Solstice Class Celebrity.

I would suggest that one compare ships, including the itinerary and make a decision on this.

Good summary.

I have no opinion on the doom and gloom. However, if one assumes that pricing is dictated primarily by demand, based on the three emails I received today, the demand for this ship is lagging. The prices for Winter cruises are shockingly low. I could have booked an MA mini with an angled, extended balcony (under the sea walk) for less than $1000 per person for a 7 day cruise. Would anyone have imagined a year ago that the newest ship would have to discount prices so deeply and so soon? That said, if per person onboard spending is higher on Royal due to increased revenue generating venues, then Princess can swallow the up front discount on cabin fares.