Hosting Guests Onboard

Sunprince

Does anyone have any experience with hosting a guest from off ship while on a sailing. For my Navigator holiday sailing we will be stopping in Barbados where we have close friends. It would be nice to host them onboard for a drink while in port. My cruise docs indicate it is possible in "some" ports and it must be requested to Regent 30 days in advance. Any advice is appreciated

Thanks

As TC says, having guests on board is permitted. I received permission to invite my niece and her family on to Mariner on the stop at Cartagena later this month.

Sadly, I have had to cancel, but the procedure is to ask Regent, either directly or through your TA if you are using one. They will send you a form to list the details, passport numbers or some form of ID, names and addresses for security purposes of your guests and you will get confirmation.

We have had guests twice in the past, and know of several guests who have come onboard for lunch and/or dinner.

As stated above, have your TA contact Regent and get the forms, and then you just fax them back and you will get confirmation and instructions.

It's very easy, Sunprince - we've just arranged for friends to join us for lunch on Mariner in Miami next year and they did the same for us, when they were in Southampton. We telephoned Regent UK in Southampton and they emailed us the form, which we completed with the details as Orpington T outlined and returned it by email. We received confirmation within a couple of days.

I think the cost of their lunch will be charged to our suite account, but can't confirm that until January 2014.

Tom,

>>cancelled<< I hope you and Barbara are OK.

Peggy

I am afraid not. I have developed an illness which requires a long and intensive course of radiotherapy which I have now started. November 20th, the day we should be boarding Mariner for our crossing, will be a sad day for us but we are looking forward to next year and cruising again with our favourite line.

Tom, sorry to learn of your illness. Wishing you all the best with the therapy, and hope a cruise will indeed be in your 2014 plans.

journeyfan, we're finishing our Montreal-Miami cruise today, and just settled our bill. We were charged $40 apiece for the two guests we hosted for dinner in Compass Rose on November 1. Lunch is less expensive, but I don't know the amount.

By the way, 60 guests were welcomed aboard the Navigator in NYC on 11/1.

Rich

First of all, Tom (Orpington) my wishes go out to you for a full and complete recovery. I've been on this board for a long time like you and others, and develop a special affinity for those who do. Good luck, good health, and my thoughts are with you.

Sunprince, on one of my cruises, my son was living in Manila at the time, and I had him aboard for our stop, after a full day visiting him where he lived (day of the big Tsunami in Japan). Went through the protocol, as I remember I had to give them his relationship to me, his passport number, and remember not what else, but it happened. What a perk for me to have him join me on the ship starting in mid-day, and through dinner, as we were delayed getting out of Manila due to some mechanical problem. Just be in touch with your TA, or if you have none, then Regent directly. I hope this is still available. I have also known others who arranged for mutual friends (and in most cases, they were past Regent passengers) to come aboard in Charleston SC, and NYC) Really makes it special to visit this way!

JPR, is this something new? I just read your comment.

Edited by jhp

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, as an update, my TA did submit my request for my guests to visit the ship while in Barbados. He did note that that they often don't charge (although there technically is a charge to your shipboard account), he simply noted the guests as "potential clients wanted shipboard inspection". Here is the form for those of you who have not seen it. Sorry, but formatting is off when i copy and pasted it Thanks for you help on this

Visitor Request Form

Thank you for your interest in visiting a Regent Seven Seas Cruises' ship. Visitors to our vessels are restricted in all ports of call worldwide. Special arrangements may be requested in writing via this form to RSSC no later than 30 days prior to the sailing date. Permission for visitors to come on board is at the discretion of RSSC, and additional information may be required. Please download this form, complete all of the fields below for each visitor and e-mail the form to rsscops@rssc.com. Once received your request will be confirmed via email at approximately 25 days prior to the sailing date.

Date of Visit: Booking Number: Ship:

Port: Travel Agent Name: Travel Agent Phone: Travel Agent E-mail:

**** PLEASE NOTE THERE IS A LIMIT OF 4 GUESTS PER SUITE

Request Lunch Request Dinner

Meals cannot be confirmed in advance, but if approved once on board the charge for lunch or dinner would be charged to the guest's shipboard account.

8300 NW 33RD STREET, SUITE 100 I MIAMI, FLORIDA 33122 http://www.rssc.com

First Name

Last Name

Birth Place

Date of Birth

Passport or ID Number

Nationality

Purpose of Visit/Name of Person Visiting Onboard

I wonder if I can share with you a story about a kindness from another CC member on the roll call for the Transatlantic Mariner cruise which got underway this week. As I said earlier on this thread, we had sought Regent's agreement, which btw was readily given, to my neice, her husband and two teenage boys to visit us when Mariner docked in Cartagena on the second day. Unfortunately I had to cancel due to illness, and so my relatives were disappointed that they could not meet up with us when we visited their home town.

When I mentioned this on the roll call, a kind member, Waynegoat, immediately stepped in to volunteer to take them over as their guests Even though it proved to be too late to arrange (they had cancelled their day off from work and school) I feel overwhelmed by the kind offer.

Thank you Waynegoat. The thought was much appreciated.

I am afraid not. I have developed an illness which requires a long and intensive course of radiotherapy which I have now started. November 20th, the day we should be boarding Mariner for our crossing, will be a sad day for us but we are looking forward to next year and cruising again with our favourite line.

All the best, Tom! Hope 2014 will bring more cruising and a return to good health for you.

Edited by Emdee

All the best, Tom! Hope 2014 will bring more cruising and a return to good health for you.

Many thank to you and all who have sent good wishes. I am coming to the end of the therapy and, though it will be a month or so before things start to improve, things are looking good. If I can get insurance more cruising (on Explorer?) is not out of the question.

Many thank to you and all who have sent good wishes. I am coming to the end of the therapy and, though it will be a month or so before things start to improve, things are looking good. If I can get insurance more cruising (on Explorer?) is not out of the question.

Spectacular news!!!!! Hope to sail with you on the Explorer.:)