Comfortable camera strap?

LynnAnne

I second the Black Rapid company. Lots of models to suit most everyone, and even an Elle series designed specifically for women. I have the Sport and carry a Canon 5d with a telephoto which is heavy - works very well for me as I have neck problems. The Sport is a bit lighter than some other models, but has a strap to go under your arm which adds to the stability. Works well for general walking around, and is very handy if you go hiking. They also design them for left handed people.

I've had a Black Rapid copy which I purchased on ebay for $14 on my dslr for 3 years. I can't imagine going back to a traditional strap.

I like the idea of using the seatbelt pad for extra comfort. May have to try it.

Another BlackRapid vote!

I have an RS-7 for my DSLR and a smaller Metro for my NEX. Very comfortable and as was mentioned above, it's a one-way street. Once you get one, the standard neck-breaker straps are a thing of the past.

Dave

I have a Black Rapid Sport for my DSLR and I love it! The extra strap that goes under my left arm seems to help keep the strap in place and secure.

My NEX just arrived last night, so I don't know yet what kind of strap I'll end up with for that camera.

I have a Black Rapid Sport for my DSLR and I love it! The extra strap that goes under my left arm seems to help keep the strap in place and secure.

My NEX just arrived last night, so I don't know yet what kind of strap I'll end up with for that camera.

The BR Metro is the perfect size for the NEX (IMHO). Much lighter than the Sport or RS-7 and well suited to the compact cameras.

Dave

It might be out of the ordinary, but instead of getting a camera strap you can get a guitar strap, they come in cool designs and they're made to carry heavy guitars comfortably.

Checkout Souldier Straps. Their main product is guitar straps for major bands and also have a line of camera straps.

Souldier dot com

Edited by Nole0202

Black Rapid Classic owner here. As others have testified, I can't imagine going back to the stock strap.

I've felt the Optech before and it is comfortable, but I have reservations about their durability. That being said, I don't know for sure and I haven't heard anyone complain. Its just an observation based on the feel of the padding. For casual travel, it should be fine, but for anything more, I'd recommend the Black Rapid without hesitation.

I use the woman's black rapid and love it. I also attached a wrist strap, so I have extra security when transferring to the tripod.

Sent from my KFJWA using Tapatalk HD

I also put wrist straps on all my cameras with BlackRapid connectors. If I carry the NEX with a wide zoom along with the DSLR with the long zoom, I can take it out of the belt pouch and carry it without connecting it to the strap and not worry about a "dropsy incident". I use the Pro Straps from the aptly named ProStrap.

http://www.prostrap.com/DeluxeBelt/DeluxeBelt.html

Great accessory!

Dave

Edited by pierces

My husband and I are both using the Optech strap system. We have the custom sling & a custom strap. We carry our gear all day during hikes & can honestly say that they are much more comfortable than the original straps that came with the cameras. I opted for the Optech system because it easily allows me to switch out straps between our two camera bodies. I ordered their custom straps because it allowed me to choose the specific pad & connectors that we liked.

Two great straps that are completely different and wonderful are the BlackRapid straps and the Upstrap. Not OPStraps that some people have mentioned but Upstrap.

The BlackRapid is a sling strap. Your camera does not bounce and you can cinch it up and carry your camera close and tight to your body.

The Upstrap is for the people who like to carry their camera on their shoulder but are sick and tired of having the thing slide off. The Upstrap sticks to your shoulder like glue.

I will add two things about the BR strap. Get the BR RS5 cargo strap. It has pockets on the strap so that you can carry extra batteries, extra cards, and even your cell phone if it is small in the strap. BR also has a new tether product. The one thing that I worry about although it has never happened is that the thing that screws into the tripod socket might work loose resulting ina dropped camera. The new tether product will prevent it.

Hope this helps.

DON