grandeur of the seas, viking crown lounge questions

pmoorefi

I'm having my wedding on grandeur of the seas, and i was thinking about having it in the viking crown lounge, because it looks like it has the best views of the oceans from inside, but I have never been on the ship. I'm worried the layout of the room won't work for a wedding. Can anyone post some picture of viking crown lounge on the grandeur of seas of the room layout? I know they can move the tables and stuff, at least I hope, what I'm worried about is the ramps and railings I have see in pictures not working for me to walk down the aisle. I have already asked the Royal Romance (wedding department of Royal Caribbean) and they won't respond. Any help would be great!

you do not necessarily get to choose where it is held. the size of the party mostly determines that. other factors include when the event takes place

you come off the two elevators and directly in front is the dance floor and bar. to the right is the Concierge lounge and a ramp leading to Izumi. this area is rather cramped to my mind and when they do hold private events in the VCL it is blocked off( unless you have a gold sea pass and have access to the CL) from the set of access stairs behind the bar..

to the left is the main seating area, which is long and narrow and dual level. behind the elevators is a larger expanse that faces the Jumbotron and pool deck. there is an additional ramp that also accesses Izumi from the other side( Izumi takes up the entire top half of the lounge, where the DJ booth used to be and where I saw weddings happen on ENchantment, GR's sister ship.)

about the only way I see 'coming down the aisle' working is if you access the Lounge via those stairs behind the bar and just come down that ramp along the Concierge Lounge wall.

you do not necessarily get to choose where it is held. the size of the party mostly determines that. other factors include when the event takes place

you come off the two elevators and directly in front is the dance floor and bar. to the right is the Concierge lounge and a ramp leading to Izumi. this area is rather cramped to my mind and when they do hold private events in the VCL it is blocked off( unless you have a gold sea pass and have access to the CL) from the set of access stairs behind the bar..

to the left is the main seating area, which is long and narrow and dual level. behind the elevators is a larger expanse that faces the Jumbotron and pool deck. there is an additional ramp that also accesses Izumi from the other side( Izumi takes up the entire top half of the lounge, where the DJ booth used to be and where I saw weddings happen on ENchantment, GR's sister ship.)

about the only way I see 'coming down the aisle' working is if you access the Lounge via those stairs behind the bar and just come down that ramp along the Concierge Lounge wall.

You make a good point. We will have a gold sea pass as we are staying in a grand suite. Thanks layout details, that room might not work.

And if they don't let you pick the location then how come they let me pick a location to have a event for my guest before the wedding. I have already confirmed the location with them for a private event for 3 hours on one of the sailing day and this event is free since we have such a large group.

You make a good point. We will have a gold sea pass as we are staying in a grand suite. Thanks layout details, that room might not work.

And if they don't let you pick the location then how come they let me pick a location to have a event for my guest before the wedding. I have already confirmed the location with them for a private event for 3 hours on one of the sailing day and this event is free since we have such a large group.

the VCL is used for many events during the day and early evening. and with the CL taking up a goodly portion of the space, there is less room overall to set anything up.

for instance, we had a private gathering there one afternoon.. the dance floor was the hors d'eurves set up and the chairs on the left side were very cramped.

on another occasion, we had been sitting there for a while in an impromptu Meet n Mingle( not enough signed up for an official one) and we got kicked out because they were setting up for the Art auction preview.

the only section that is comfortable to my mind is the area behind the elevators.

on several occasion other lounges were off limits for an hour or so due to scheduled events.. there was a quilting group on board who used one of the lounges daily at the same time, and another lounge was used for trivia or scrapbooking /card making classes. and if one ran late, or required advance set up, oftentimes there was overlap.

if they can accommodate your specific room /location request, they will. doesn't mean it is a guarantee.

I think I mentioned this in another thread - on my cruise, they held one of the weddings in the South Pacific Lounge. This was supposed to be a beach wedding in Bermuda, but it was pouring that morning. There were two weddings on board, one before we sailed and the second while we were in Bermuda. But why not ask RCI - they must know which venues are used, and if you have a choice.

Congrats on wedding. Enjoy your GS - we loved ours. They can be a bit loud, but so close to everything.

I just got off the Grandeur today and I think the South Pacific lounge would be a better choice. It has huge windows with a fantastic view of the wake of the ship the Viking Crown lounge is a rather dark venue for a wedding sorry i don't have any pictures but there maybe some in Radio's review from his August trip he had lots of pictures in that one.

• 2 years later...
Oh geez well I'd love to hear which venue was picked and how it went? There are so many questions on here but not many reviews on how it went.

This thread is two and a half years old. If you check the OP's posts, you will see that she got married in Bermuda, so apparently she gave up on the Grandeur! :eek:

I did have my wedding with Royal Caribbean, we did it on land, on the ship was my backup plan if weather was bad, but weather was great. there was 2 other weddings on my cruise that were on board one in the crown viking lounge. I accepted your friend request feel free private message with your questions.

our wedding turned out great. I was really worried when we first started planning, RC delays most planning until the end but they did a great job. my flowers were amazing and pictures were great too, the cake included was good. My guest loved the cruise and wedding, it was most of them first time cruise and all of them have cruised again after it, its turned into a yearly family for us (cruise). We rented a room for free for game night and got free cookies and drinks, it was free since we had over 8 rooms. We got a lot of free wine and treats during the cruise, as everyone knew we were the wedding couple as we had shirts for the first day on the cruise. The cruise director even came to our room to congrats us after our wedding. We had our wedding on land but planned by RC, and our reception was planned by me, it was a glass bottom yacht, everyone loved it. we got to see fish and coral and go swimming, and dont forget the food and drinks. As for the problems some random cruise guest tried to steel our taxi to our wedding, it was clear it was for us as it was decorated for us. the person that performed the ceremony didn't read word for word what i wanted him to say for the whole thing, but the vows were word for word. It took 1-2 months to get pictures and married certificate as there was hurricane around 2 weeks after my wedding and there was no mail going out for a while. The yacht couldn't play the music from my ipod like they told me they could. we order way to much food as lunch and dinner was free on the ship so everyone ate lunch before going and then didn't want their regular cruise dinner. In the end I was very happy with RC.