Prayers for the family and crew who are in the path of the storm

geocruiser

Hi Everyone,

Wishing all of the Azamara crew, and their families affected by Typhoon Haiyan, all our best wishes, during this difficult time.

It is hard to imagine the severity of that typhoon, and it's impact on an island nation. And with communications systems not operating, it is impossible to check on the well-being of family and friends.

It puts our "first world " worries about shower dimensions into perspective.

It is hard to imagine the severity of that typhoon, and it's impact on an island nation. And with communications systems not operating, it is impossible to check on the well-being of family and friends.

It puts our "first world " worries about shower dimensions into perspective.

I could not have said it better...my thoughts and prayers for those who are suffering the losses from this horrific storm...

There cannot be a single person who has sailed with a Filipino crew whose heart does not go out to crew & country at this time. I hope that the ships will create a fund to help crew friends & family, & administer those funds well in the best interests of those people.

A horrible tragedy.

In a few days we'll find out how the governments and NGO's are responding to this crisis, and what little steps we can take to help the residents and their families.

So far, no word from one of our favoured organizations (Medecins Sans Frontieres) as to how they will respond, but I'm certain there will also be alternatives.

There cannot be a single person who has sailed with a Filipino crew whose heart does not go out to crew & country at this time. I hope that the ships will create a fund to help crew friends & family, & administer those funds well in the best interests of those people.

Amen.

Our thoughts are with all the wonderful Azamara crew at this time. The reports and scenes shown by news channels are of a scale of devastation its hard to comprehend. Hoping the DEC (Disasters Emergency Committee) in the UK will coordinate fund raising in UK soon. Red Cross already sending help.

There are charities that are more efficient than others in getting money directly to devastated communities. Can Azamara make it possible for the many cruisers who are so grateful to these Filipino crews in a way that helps the crews' families the most?

I'm not saying that particularly well - my point is that I want to get every dollar we contribute to the relief effort to BOTH get put to work AND be meaningful to the Azamara crew.

Edited by shedridt
inelegant prose

There are charities that are more efficient than others in getting money directly to devastated communities. Can Azamara make it possible for the many cruisers who are so grateful to these Filipino crews in a way that helps the crews' families the most?

I'm not saying that particularly well - my point is that I want to get every dollar we contribute to the relief effort to BOTH get put to work AND be meaningful to the Azamara crew.

I'm sure all passengers who usually tip the crew and the crew who are tipped would be happy to donate these monies to the relief fund.

Is this something that CC or ACC could or would co-ordinate?

Hello Shedridt -

I'm checking with our corporate office for details and recommendations.

Talk about perspective! Our prayers and positive thoughts are so important at this time.

Sincerely,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)