"LIVE" from Grandeur of the Seas - Bahamas - Nov 8, 2013

Twibes

Spanky, did you have the earlier dining? We ate at 8:00 pm and the theatre was not so crowded, but I heard that show attendance was lopsided, with lots of folks going to the show timed for the 5:30 dining folks, and not as much for the show timed for the 8 pm dining folks. I really enjoyed the theatre, the loveseats were very comfortable.

You are right, the centrum shows were near impossible to get a good seat for, I got a standing room only view of one or two shows, but saw so little of the aerial act that I enjoyed watching them practice earlier in the day more than I did trying to catch glimpses at the actual shows.

Mike

Hey Chipmoose...we did have the earlier dining...we haven't had late seating in years and my stomach thanks me for that! I don't like to be stuffed late at night...plus, then I wouldn't be able to partake in any late-night food! Of course, the simple thing would be NOT TO EAT SO MUCH but why bother doing that!

spanky

Spanky, did you have the earlier dining? We ate at 8:00 pm and the theatre was not so crowded, but I heard that show attendance was lopsided, with lots of folks going to the show timed for the 5:30 dining folks, and not as much for the show timed for the 8 pm dining folks. I really enjoyed the theatre, the loveseats were very comfortable.

You are right, the centrum shows were near impossible to get a good seat for, I got a standing room only view of one or two shows, but saw so little of the aerial act that I enjoyed watching them practice earlier in the day more than I did trying to catch glimpses at the actual shows.

Mike

Hi Everyone!

I'll be sailing away with at least 80 other Cruise Critic maniacs tomorrow that are registered for our Meet N Mingle on Grandeur of the Seas! Now let me make one thing perfectly clear: I cannot top 'Radio's threads!! (Radio, you're the best, and I enjoyed this weeks Grandeur thread from Bermuda) That being said, I'll merely be posting our daily adventures (Probably nightly) while on board and will not be taking 300 ship photos of Grandeur. Let's face it, everyone's seen the newly refurbished Grandeur, just not me, yet!

A mini-demographic here; I'm Tim, 35yrs old, and sailing with Kelcey who makes me feel young.. she's 24 :D. I'm headed to the Port of Baltimore from Pittsburgh in the morning and will be meeting Kelcey there, as she's driving in from the DC area.

We booked this trip last minute, roughly 45 days out or so at a great rate. We're in an interior cabin on Deck 7 for this trip and it will be my first experience without a Balcony or JS. I imagine the 'Large Interior Room' will suit us just fine, and I can really use the darkness for some long awaited zzz's, but I sure hope it's as pleasant as a balcony in a way. At 6'2 and by no means tiny, I plan on putting the shower through its morning exercise routine.

Pre-Warning: I'm extremely sarcastic. Most of my posts, as some others I've seen on here and rather enjoyed, will contain humor if not wise cracks. I just think things are better said as you're thinking them without too much clutter!

In case anyone is curious, I'll be posting all pics from an Original IBM computer that I shipped to port in a crate, I figured the extra size would make my typing go that much faster. I also don't go anywhere without 'The Oregon Trail' by my side. Hopefully, and with a lot of searching, I can find an original keyboard that isn't USB. I also have this handy dandy Insignia Flex Tablet & HP Laptop, but who wants such flimsy stuff anyway. My camera is a 1986 9mm wind-up I found in the closet. I think hanging the negatives on the pool deck near the solarium will provide just the right amount of humidity and sunlight. Boy oh boy I can't wait to get some good shots! I haven't determined how to get the pics into this computer, but I figure the 5.25" slot will work perfectly.

I better pack now or else I'll never get sleep tonight. Hide your kids, hide your wife, and pay that electric bill tomorrow; you'll all be reading this thread and telling the hubbies to get off COD for at least 10 minutes. ;)

Thanks for taking the time.

I apologize, I don't recall who asked about Escargot, but I came as close as I could to that info on the dining room menu board!

Escargots

NRSHJC4kiaQx-vi.jpg

IZUMI - The Very Best at Sea

Shown: Tuna Seared Tataki, Salmon Lovers Roll, and something with beef on it :)

I38NArxo2kQI-vi.jpg

The snails, salad and tortellini sound terrific, maybe I'll try the MDR on my upcoming cruise.

I've never had sushi, but, this looks good. Maybe I will try it? :confused::confused:

Hi, Tim!

Thanks for the "Live" report! I've enjoyed every bit of it! Laughed out loud for real several times! Sorry you had the trouble with your cabin A/C & I hope your Feb cruise goes better!

We'll be on Grandeur on December 6th & looking forward to it!

One woman on our cruise was asking what nights were formal nights and in researching, that's how I came upon your post. Now I want to read about all of your adventures. :p. Now that I'm here, when were the formal nights?

For the reader who asked about fans...I take along an O2 Cool battery operated fan, just in case we have any A/C issues. It's the perfect size for the little bedside table but we can also put it on the vanity if we both need some air movement. Never had any trouble bringing it onboard.

Thanks again for a good read!

Elayne

HandE. (Hugo and Elayne)

We were on the cruise too. We were in RFS 8584 and the size of the room and aft balcony were awesome! We loved the Concierge Lounge and Francis (concierge) and Desak (bartender/server)!! Only complaints on the room were the lack of outlets, a couple of drawers were starting to fall apart, and the master nightstand drawer and 2 closets did not have magnets. With the rough seas out of Nassau, there was a lot of banging until I used 3 pillows to block everything closed! We found the mattresses to be thin and the beds are low to the ground. It was noticeable but didn't bother us overly. (They were the same in both bedrooms.)

Mary

Hey-we're in 8084 across the hall in 2 weeks. Do you have any pics of your cabin Mary? Would love to see what we're in store for...