"LIVE" from Grandeur of the Seas - Bahamas - Nov 8, 2013

Twibes

Hi Everyone!

I'll be sailing away with at least 80 other Cruise Critic maniacs tomorrow that are registered for our Meet N Mingle on Grandeur of the Seas! Now let me make one thing perfectly clear: I cannot top 'Radio's threads!! (Radio, you're the best, and I enjoyed this weeks Grandeur thread from Bermuda) That being said, I'll merely be posting our daily adventures (Probably nightly) while on board and will not be taking 300 ship photos of Grandeur. Let's face it, everyone's seen the newly refurbished Grandeur, just not me, yet!

A mini-demographic here; I'm Tim, 35yrs old, and sailing with Kelcey who makes me feel young.. she's 24 :D. I'm headed to the Port of Baltimore from Pittsburgh in the morning and will be meeting Kelcey there, as she's driving in from the DC area.

We booked this trip last minute, roughly 45 days out or so at a great rate. We're in an interior cabin on Deck 7 for this trip and it will be my first experience without a Balcony or JS. I imagine the 'Large Interior Room' will suit us just fine, and I can really use the darkness for some long awaited zzz's, but I sure hope it's as pleasant as a balcony in a way. At 6'2 and by no means tiny, I plan on putting the shower through its morning exercise routine.

Pre-Warning: I'm extremely sarcastic. Most of my posts, as some others I've seen on here and rather enjoyed, will contain humor if not wise cracks. I just think things are better said as you're thinking them without too much clutter!

In case anyone is curious, I'll be posting all pics from an Original IBM computer that I shipped to port in a crate, I figured the extra size would make my typing go that much faster. I also don't go anywhere without 'The Oregon Trail' by my side. Hopefully, and with a lot of searching, I can find an original keyboard that isn't USB. I also have this handy dandy Insignia Flex Tablet & HP Laptop, but who wants such flimsy stuff anyway. My camera is a 1986 9mm wind-up I found in the closet. I think hanging the negatives on the pool deck near the solarium will provide just the right amount of humidity and sunlight. Boy oh boy I can't wait to get some good shots! I haven't determined how to get the pics into this computer, but I figure the 5.25" slot will work perfectly.

I better pack now or else I'll never get sleep tonight. Hide your kids, hide your wife, and pay that electric bill tomorrow; you'll all be reading this thread and telling the hubbies to get off COD for at least 10 minutes. ;)

How can one see hanging negatives across the pool and not think volleyball?

As for sarcasm, that's a quality I find so endearing in a person.

Can't wait to meet you and the rest of the maniacs!

Paula & Jeff

Edited by sideways2

Hi Tim, I'll be following your posts. Could you let me know if they have escargot? I am on the cruise following you. Thanks, Karen

Yup I'll get on it! Detective Tim at your service. :)

TH451, Lol,I don't think you should worry.. I believe they play a brand new (Just released) guitar in the centrum. Last I heard it's called 'Electric Guitar' or something. Should be amusing.

Hi Tim. I'm one of those 80 plus maniacs. Just to let you know I was on this ship in May in a large interior and it was just fine. So fine I booked again on deck 8. Plenty of storage too. Hope to meet you and Kelcey at the meet and mingle. I have a son your age and he also has a sarcastic sense of humor so I'll be used to that.

Diane (DF3651)

Thanks for bringing us along "Live" with you Twibes! Sarcasm is the best, so this ought to be fun. :)

May as well wait till pack in the morning, will add more adventure to your trip. :D

Between Radios great review this past week and now yours this week, it'll help me get by till I board the Allure next weekend. :-)

Edited by MrFunInTheSun

Tim, don't forget to pack your thong! You might have mentioned to the group that you were going to wear one for us...

We like sarcasm and humor...and I think we will like your "Grandeur Live" as well...

Spanky

I forgot to mention, I'm not the only funny guy on this cruise.. look out Grandeur! Not sure about that thong, but, pretty sure I'd lose all focus on this thread if that got posted!

It's 5:36am - Starting my 4hr drive to Port of Baltimore in an hour! I've affixed my chrome aviators so my fellow ship mates can find me by reflection off my face.

Hi Tim!

I fear I won't fit in.... although kids in the 80's we're bringing our modern gear (digital cameras, droids, ipad for emergency work e-mails, and a new go-pro)! I think Rosanna may fit in though with a Blackberry that looks like it will quickly become a relic of another age.

If you had given me some advance notice, I could have brought a couple of early 1970's HP calculators for determining appropriate tips, discounts, and how much to spend on your next cruise when combining all of the applicable specials and obc offers.

:)

Mary (with Cara and Rosanna)

In case anyone is curious, I'll be posting all pics from an Original IBM computer that I shipped to port in a crate

;)

I am going to guess you meant an original IBM PC as opposed to a computer. An early computer would not fit in your cabin. This coming from one who worked for IBM for more years then you are old.