"LIVE" from Grandeur of the Seas - Bahamas - Nov 8, 2013

Twibes

I forgot to mention, I'm not the only funny guy on this cruise.. look out Grandeur! Not sure about that thong, but, pretty sure I'd lose all focus on this thread if that got posted!

It's 5:36am - Starting my 4hr drive to Port of Baltimore in an hour! I've affixed my chrome aviators so my fellow ship mates can find me by reflection off my face.

Get that throng out and on as you promised. You know you want to... lol ;) I want to see what we've to look forward to on our TA on Liberty..... lol

Margaret

Edited by texmex.ferr

I was supposed to be on this cruise as our honeymoon, had to cancel a couple of weeks ago because of a medical emergency, I will be following every minute, may you all be blessed with good times and good weather!!!

Wanda :)

Awwwwww, that makes me sad! :( I hope everything is okay and you get to have an even BETTER honeymoon down the road! ♥

Hey Twibes, can you go ask the passengers in cabin 7650 how comfortable their bed is? ;) I just booked that "coveted" cabin and then read some comments from folks who sailed recently who said that after the fire last year, the beds were replaced in those deck 7 aft cabins and the replacement beds are low to the ground, thin, and uncomfortable like little cots! :p:mad:

I sure hope that isn't the case by next April when I have to "camp" in that cabin! :eek:

I'm just kidding about going to their cabin. But do keep your ears open if you hear anyone complaining about their bed! One of the passengers who commented about how painful the bed in 7650 was, sent a letter to Adam Goldstein when she got home, so I am hoping that the problem has already been corrected. :o

Hey Twibes, can you go ask the passengers in cabin 7650 how comfortable their bed is? ;) I just booked that "coveted" cabin and then read some comments from folks who sailed recently who said that after the fire last year, the beds were replaced in those deck 7 aft cabins and the replacement beds are low to the ground, thin, and uncomfortable like little cots! :p:mad:

I sure hope that isn't the case by next April when I have to "camp" in that cabin! :eek:

I'm just kidding about going to their cabin. But do keep your ears open if you hear anyone complaining about their bed! One of the passengers who commented about how painful the bed in 7650 was, sent a letter to Adam Goldstein when she got home, so I am hoping that the problem has already been corrected. :o

Slept in that bed in July- loved it. Was thinking of it today, in fact, and realized how crazy I am to miss a BED!

Slept in that bed in July- loved it. Was thinking of it today, in fact, and realized how crazy I am to miss a BED!

You slept in "my" bed? ;) In 7650? I hope that is the same bed that is there now then! I have never had a bad night's sleep on any cruise, so I was very surprised to hear negative comments about the beds in those deck 7 aft cabins! There were multiple complaints though, from multiple people. They said the beds were so low to the ground you couldn't put a suitcase under it and that the mattresses were hard and thin. I've always been able to put my suitcase under the Royal Caribbean beds I've had and I've always slept like a baby on top of the beds! Sleeping is my favorite cruise activity! I never sleep as well at home as I do on a cruise! :)

Now that I think about it, maybe the bed was lower than usual. It was still comfortable, but I always thought it was my unLOST weight that was making it harder to get up.

Yep- your bed. That's just how I felt when I read the original post about the bed. I guess we share it.

What's happened to the review Tim, are you having to use tin cans to try and send the signals over the airwaves, and it's taking a long time to reach us back here on dry land......;)

Look forward to hearing from you soon.... lol

Margaret

Margaret I think he was using smoke signals!!!! I guess we should have been closer to read them!!!!

Hi Tim!

I fear I won't fit in.... although kids in the 80's we're bringing our modern gear (digital cameras, droids, ipad for emergency work e-mails, and a new go-pro)! I think Rosanna may fit in though with a Blackberry that looks like it will quickly become a relic of another age.

If you had given me some advance notice, I could have brought a couple of early 1970's HP calculators for determining appropriate tips, discounts, and how much to spend on your next cruise when combining all of the applicable specials and obc offers.

:)

Mary (with Cara and Rosanna)

i think i can beat your hp calculator and take my abacus to figure out the tips

OK folks, I apologize as we had technical issues! I'm back live typing away with lots to tell! Give me a bit to catch up :) P.S. we're in Port Canaveral and the weather is amazing!

Great to hear that you are alive and well and enjoying the weather.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is scene 1, take 2 of LIVE from Grandeur of the Seas! Unfortunately starting on night one it became apparent that the director's background in these live posts was, well, questionable. I'll tell you briefly what happened to assure no one else makes this mistake as well. My new tablet was only loaded with Google Chrome and if you're familiar with networking you can probably guess that Rccl just doesn't like it. If you want the Rccl logon to actually load on an Android tablet, I recommend installing a browser called UC Browser. Also, no.. Firefox wouldn't load a login screen either!

Now, onto day 1.. embarkation day. Here is my first view of Grandeur as I reached the detention center. OK ok, Its just a fence but it sure makes an amusing photo op. Having never been in to the Port of Baltimore's before I was glad to see how easy it was to find the entrance.

JsGILPz-vi.jpg

That being said, If you've never owned, borrowed, or accidentally lost someone else's pet hamster you may not be able to appreciate the fun involved in driving thru the lifesize human maze you maneuver thru. Once you enter, you're directed through a series of waves, greets, and sometimes instructions as to which Willy Wonka wants your hamster KIA to go next. Be sure to pop your trunk at the luggage drop off, And please be quick as those guys pull the luggage from your trunk before you can even exit your vehicle to tip them. Yes, I'm also a big lover of tipping so, the porter made out!

f6MXq1EnWw-vi.jpg

Me making it to the hamsters winners circle, the parking cashier and lot.

Check in was a Breeze and everyone Friday morning from the janitor to the CEO was enthusiastic. Within 25 minutes we were off And boarding the Grandeur.

UWvpQDrshUeAPM9rmJwCeoVQJi3ilz-vi.jpg

The centrum was already alive with violinist's preparing for a show, it was like Titanic, only backwards!

BQVFpR-vi.jpg

Kelcey and I made our way to the Great Gatsby and were happy to see we were at Table 211 on Deck 4. This was a six person table and one away from the port side window. I felt good for Kelcey as now shed have at least two other human beings to Associate with as a week with me can be exhausting. Kidding, I meant *boring lol.

wFjX_3AUGIaIu31jjwONaZh-vi.jpg

Having good 90 minutes plus to await our Large Interior Room .. I figured we'd dive into my old favorite drink from Labadee, the Labadoozee! It was worth every year of waiting for that drink Again.

7UB798kqfqnrf9_C4Kf19lUJ35WFqZ-vi.jpg

Now this leads to our first story from evening one which I'll start in the next post. We'll title it: Manners 101.

Just in from raking leaves, so now it's time to phantacize about where I'll be in 5 weeks. I'm glad you're having great weather ... that's what a vacation should include!

I've got this really weird request ... DD and I are trying to decide what to do about decorating our cabin door for Christmas. Any chance you could get a photo of the door to 8022? Honestly, if security pounces on you and hauls you off to the naughty room for questioning ... I'll vouch for you.

Manners 101

As many do the fiirst day, we headed up to the Windjammer to snag a seat, which we did successfully. After eating some of my meal and realizing there was soo much more I had not tasted, I went back to the buffet. This is where I must've missed the first fireworks of the cruise and didn't even know it. When I returned to The talble, Kelcey told me about what had just transpired. To cut this short, we all know The Windjammer fills faster than a free beer bar special which caused a code RED for anyone not already seated. Amonst some not at a table yet was an elderly female using a walker. Apparently, her middle age daughter had asked a near by table if her mother could sit in a chair, just while staff hunted down a table for her. Being pretty social and respectable believe it or not, This to me was not an unreasonable request on the first hour of a cruise. Even though only two females were sitting at a table for five, the female responded that the seats were taken. This didn't sit well with the daughter that made the request, when a minute later some girls sat down after asking to sit without issue! I Don't mean to cause a discussion on This... but if you can't allow a person who's in pain to take a break with you and perhaps strike up conversation in the meantime.. shame on you! The final conclusion was a pretty angry interaction between the two, and The table owner as I refer to her saying "I guess I made my first enemy This cruise."

Another slightly humorous display of manners was next to us later in the afternoon in the centrum. Move over pool deck hogs, we have lobby hogs reserving chairs account the main hub;

wrHiHdiynhKc-vi.jpg

Few random shots of Grandeur in a brisk 40 degrees:

aZFkhVv-vi.jpg

A number of us also met Friday Night from Cruise Critic! Funny thing... Belinda was sent to the naughty room :) Remember, put those wine bottles in the carry-on not the suitcase!

g9Gqm6ety5dzn1zGAmJK-vi.jpg

Still typing....:eek: P.S. I can't contain myself so I'm jumping to a quick tidbit about Saturday: Our Meet N Mingle set a new record as the largest ever on Grandeur of the Seas!! Way to go gang! We had 92 in attendance folks and multiple members won wine, champagne, T-shirts.. and all received free folding notepads!

Just in from raking leaves, so now it's time to phantacize about where I'll be in 5 weeks. I'm glad you're having great weather ... that's what a vacation should include!

I've got this really weird request ... DD and I are trying to decide what to do about decorating our cabin door for Christmas. Any chance you could get a photo of the door to 8022? Honestly, if security pounces on you and hauls you off to the naughty room for questioning ... I'll vouch for you.

I'll work on it! Still finding info on Escargo. Even though I haven't even typed a third of this blog yet, stories to come: Emergency Maintenance for 9 hours today on A/C!