Informal M&G

pamrose228

We are talking about an informal meet up on th Splendor before Sailaway on January 12. Anyone know a perfect place for a group to meet while the ship is still in nyc?

Also, what time is the muster drill, would 3:30 b a good time for us to do it? TIA

If you try to have the M&G before the muster drill it might cut it short. You could have it 2 or 2:30.

If after muster drill, you might have problems with people getting ready for 6pm dinner.

I agree! 3:30 is just too late and after muster then people might be getting ready for dinner.

On our next 3 cruises they are at 2pm.

Look at the deck plans. Probably a good place would be the Liner bar on the lido deck aft.

Every M&G I have attended has always been the following day. Everyone is too busy on the first day. Why not do a "sail-away" gathering after the muster drill. (ours was 4:15 on the Splendor) These are fun and a great opportunity to meet people. (usually at one of the lido deck bars) so you can see the Statue of Liberty as you cruise by and going under the Verazano Bridge.

I think if you have the M&G on the first day, you may not have a very big turn out. IMO:o

Thanks for all the replies. A few things that need mentioning. Our cruise leaves out of NYC in mid January so any meeting areas outside are not in question.

The roll call has several other events planned formal M&G during second sea day, a poker crawl....etc. This is a gathering for whoever wants to meet up right away. My suggestion is immediately after muster drill by the enclosed pool on Lido. We can even head for dinner together since some of us have ATD. First day dinner is usually very informal since most of us have no luggage.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

The roll call has several other events planned formal M&G during second sea day, a poker crawl....etc. This is a gathering for whoever wants to meet up right away. My suggestion is immediately after muster drill by the enclosed pool on Lido. We can even head for dinner together since some of us have ATD. First day dinner is usually very informal since most of us have no luggage.

Sounds like you already have a good plan.