When are rooms ready? And can I....

briehon

Boarding the Valor in 2 weeks! When should I expect my room to be ready? I have a grand suite so I have priority boarding but when will my room be ready?

Also, has anyone ever just gone to their room and dropped off their carry on?

Boarding the Valor in 2 weeks! When should I expect my room to be ready? I have a grand suite so I have priority boarding but when will my room be ready?

Rooms are ready at about 1:30. Unless you have FTTF or Platinum, you are not to go to your room before then, not even to drop off bags.

In the past I have just gone to my room and dropped my stuff off. It didn't seem to be a big deal, though I'll no doubt get flamed for saying that. Now we purchase FTTF so we can go straight to our rooms legitimately.

Rooms are ready at about 1:30. Unless you have FTTF or Platinum,

you are not to go to your room before then, not even to drop off bags.

That's right.

Follow instructions and do as you're told. It's for your own good.

Cabin stewards are in your cabin, working feverishly to get it ready

and he won't be done until 2 mins. to 1 p.m.

Bin there done that, seriously!

They spend at least an hour on every one of the twenty cabins they take care of.

I'm still doing the Math re. how they can get it all done between 8 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.

That's right.

Follow instructions and do as you're told. It's for your own good.

Cabin stewards are in your cabin, working feverishly to get it ready

and he won't be done until 2 mins. to 1 p.m.

Bin there done that, seriously!

They spend at least an hour on every one of the twenty cabins they take care of.

I'm still doing the Math re. how they can get it all done between 8 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.

I also love people's concerns about the doors being open but no concern that your checked bags are left in the hallway when they are delivered and on the last night.

This is the sign that is posted on the doors leading to the cabins:

IMG_1723_2-M.jpg

Unless you are "one of those people" who think rules/requests don't apply to them just keep your carry on with you and go to the Lido for lunch or hang around somewhere. Some people think it's all about them and they can just do whatever they want. (great way to teach your kids about following rules, too!! Retired teacher stepping off her soap box now :D)

I also love people's concerns about the doors being open but no concern that your checked bags are left in the hallway when they are delivered and on the last night.

For me it's a matter of valuables in my carry on and not my checked luggage...

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

For me it's a matter of valuables in my carry on and not my checked luggage...

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Yeah, I wouldn't leave my wife's jewelry in the room with the door open. Anyways I just get FTTF now. Glad they added it as an option.

I also love people's concerns about the doors being open

but no concern that your checked bags are left in the hallway when they are delivered

- and on the last night.

They don't think it thru.

There's a lot of that going around! :D

When I get straight down to deck 2, I discover the cabin's been ready for aaaages,

I drop my stuff, shut my cabin-door and proceed as normal

but let's not spread that around too much, OK?

I don't pack valuables in my checked bag. I carry those on and off in my small bag. My checked bag also gets checked at the airport, on the ship and spends time out of my sight. Why would I worry about it being in the hallway?

Edited by Ehpride

I don't pack valuables in my checked bag. I carry those on and off in my small bag. My checked bag also gets checked at the airport, on the ship and spends time out of my sight. Why would I worry about it being in the hallway?

I agree - I don't put anything of real value in my checked bag and I do put locks on them to keep it from being as easy to access what's inside.

This is the sign that is posted on the doors leading to the cabins:

IMG_1723_2-M.jpg

Unless you are "one of those people" who think rules/requests don't apply to them just keep your carry on with you and go to the Lido for lunch or hang around somewhere. Some people think it's all about them and they can just do whatever they want. (great way to teach your kids about following rules, too!! Retired teacher stepping off her soap box now :D)

"like"

The steward can take there time with us. We cruise during football season and I love football but never get to watch it. On our cruise, I go after boarding right to a lounge, pop open my carry-on bottle of wine and watch the game. I sit with all my wifes, daughters and mine luggage (6 bags, we check nothing on the plane or with porters). My wife and daughter wander the ship ( we avoid the lunch rush by eating a big brunch prior to boarding~ we also dislike the crowded Lido deck). I tend to watch both Sunday games, ( my girls bring me dinner from the buffet, at times with there own in hand). We hit the muster of course, but often don't get to our room till after 6pm the first day.

I just go to lido with my carry on and have a nice quiet lunch and take my time. At 1:30 I then go to my room and drop off my carry on. My cruise starts when I board. I am disabled and keeping my carry on is no problem. As for the luggage in the hallway on this cruise I when down after dinner and didn't see my luggage. When I opened my cabin my luggage was inside. The Room Steward was great to do this for me and he come by the last night and put my luggage in the hallway for me. So keep your carry on and drop it off after they get the cabins ready.

I always feel guilty when they ask at the airport check-in if your luggage has been out of your sight since packing it. I tell them no but actually it was out of my sight for quite a while.

I find that odd also. We always proceed directly to the room, and drop our stuff. And if we find the door open, we close it when leaving. Never had a problem.

I always feel guilty when they ask at the airport check-in if your luggage has been out of your sight since packing it. I tell them no but actually it was out of my sight for quite a while.

I use colored zip ties on mine and I know what color I used. Plus, I usually end up having to get in there for something in between times that it's out of my sight. I end up putting my hoodie in there or something :)

I find that odd also. We always proceed directly to the room, and drop our stuff. And if we find the door open, we close it when leaving. Never had a problem.

Can we assume you have either purchased FTTF, or are Platinum?

Or are you just one of the people that thinks the rules don't apply to them?:rolleyes:

Can we assume you have either purchased FTTF, or are Platinum?

Or are you just one of the people that thinks the rules don't apply to them?:rolleyes:

Nope. Just have always done it. Never had a problem, and saved 50 bucks to boot. That's 5 drinks!

Some do. Some don't. We do. It's always been ready, but we just drop and head to the Lido to eat. Then drink. Then be merry.