When are rooms ready? And can I....

briehon

This is the sign that is posted on the doors leading to the cabins:

IMG_1723_2-M.jpg

Unless you are "one of those people" who think rules/requests don't apply to them just keep your carry on with you and go to the Lido for lunch or hang around somewhere. Some people think it's all about them and they can just do whatever they want. (great way to teach your kids about following rules, too!! Retired teacher stepping off her soap box now :D)

Like very much!

I always feel guilty when they ask at the airport check-in if your luggage has been out of your sight since packing it.

I tell them no but actually it was out of my sight for quite a while.

I like it when they ask me if I packed the bag/s myself.

I say

Of course not!

I had my Assistant Butler pack it for me: that's why I'm flying Economy. :cool:

We always go straight to our room. It's always ready.
Only once in eleven cruises did I ever find the big grey doors shutting me out.

Of course, I knew darned well the cabins were all ready (HOURS AGO!)

but this is a little game some ships like to play, in order to make the Plats feel superior

AND to get fifty bucks out of the FTTFs. :)

Strange corporate behaviour based on Ka-Chiiing!

I don't understand how people think that the rules don't apply to them:mad:

If the rooms are to be ready at 12:30, or 1:30, and you DON'T have FTTF, or are NOT Platinum, you should NOT be dropping your bags off. The stewards have enough stress on this particular day, trying to get 20+ staterooms ready, and they don't need random people roaming the hallways, and getting in their way. Unreal:mad::mad:

Thanks for all of your comments. I didn't really think I would get more than the facts but...I am a rules sort of person....I can wait til 12:30 or 1:30 or whatever time it is for me to drop my bags. Just trying to plan!

I've learned that you always get more than the facts. This page has given me many a laughs :D

I'm a "rules sort of person" too. We decided to get FTTF only because we will be traveling with 3 kids and all of their "stuff". I would rather get there early, drop off bags, eat, go back to room and unpack and then get on with the vacation :) if I wasn't traveling with the kids I probably wouldn't bother!

I've learned that you always get more than the facts. This page has given me many a laughs :D

I'm a "rules sort of person" too. We decided to get FTTF only because we will be traveling with 3 kids and all of their "stuff". I would rather get there early, drop off bags, eat, go back to room and unpack and then get on with the vacation :) if I wasn't traveling with the kids I probably wouldn't bother!

It is rare to see a thread that asks a question and only has the answers posted. :) Always a lot of added discussion.

I also purchased FTTF to be able to drop off all of our carryon stuff when we board. I also plan to drop everything, get a bite to eat and get back to the cabin and unpack our luggage.

I don't understand how people think that the rules don't apply to them:mad:

If the rooms are to be ready at 12:30, or 1:30, and you DON'T have FTTF, or are NOT Platinum, you should NOT be dropping your bags off. The stewards have enough stress on this particular day, trying to get 20+ staterooms ready, and they don't need random people roaming the hallways, and getting in their way. Unreal:mad::mad:

As the post above you explains, this was created as a money maker. This never used to exists. No notices to tell you not to go to your room. You went to your room.

They also try to tell you now not to show up after X hour.

Anyone wishes to follow all these delays to the star of their vacation may do so. We cleary won't be affexting each other.

As the post above you explains, this was created as a money maker. This never used to exists. No notices to tell you not to go to your room. You went to your room.

Anyone wishes to follow all these delays to the star of their vacation may do so. We cleary won't be affexting each other.

That is so wrong. Prior to FTTF, there were notices on the CLOSED big doors stating that the cabins wouldn't be ready until 1:30, or sometimes you were handed the notice as you boarded. NO ONE had the right to go to their cabin before then.

Now let me get the popcorn as the posts come rolling in about how they always dropped their bags off, the big doors were never closed, etc, etc, etc.....

Edited by Jamman54

Thanks for all of your comments. I didn't really think I would get more than the facts but...I am a rules sort of person....I can wait til 12:30 or 1:30 or whatever time it is for me to drop my bags. Just trying to plan!

Thank you for following the rules.

There is a sign on the door when the doors are shut. You just chose to ignore the rules because you think the rules don't apply to you.

As the the email saying not to show up until 1:00, they do that to stagger boarding. However, I agree that those of us in the know would ignore that because we know better.

That is so wrong. Prior to FTTF, there were notices on the CLOSED big doors stating that the cabins wouldn't be ready until 1:30, or sometimes you were handed the notice as you boarded. NO ONE had the right to go to their cabin before then.

Now let me get the popcorn as the posts come rolling in about how they always dropped their bags off, the big doors were never closed, etc, etc, etc.....

No flames here. DW and I have never gone to our room to drop carry ons since becoming Platinum, except on ships that had FTTF. I had never read (as some believe) that as Platinum, I could have early access to the room. FTTF has helped in that area since we can now also go to our room early. Prior to FTTF, 1st 15 CCL cruises, the earliest we had ever been able to get to our room was 1PM.

Edited by Georgiagolfer
spelling

Jamman, man, you're late to this party. You normally jump on these early cabin threads in 2.2 seconds. You're slipping.

Your cruising history must not be as long as mine.

But closed doors have long been ignored by passengers. The ones that were closed at the dining room entrance 15 minutes after the start of the meal? They were opened. Sometimes by my own table mates.

But when I start cruising, for at least ten years, there were no closed doors; no notes, no delays. And that room was always ready, just. Like it alwys is now.

As the the email saying not to show up until 1:00, they do that to stagger boarding. However, I agree that those of us in the know would ignore that because we know better.

OMG, shame on you, you rebel rouser!! :D

They're coming to get you

siren.gif

I had never read (as some believe) that as Platinum, I could have early access to the room. FTTF has helped in that area since we can now also go to our room early.

Huh? :confused: Did you even read this thread. It's right here, this is the 3rd time(at least) this sign has been posted. Where ya been?

IMG_1723_2-M.jpg

But when I start cruising, for at least ten years, there were no closed doors; no notes, no delays. And that room was always ready, just. Like it alwys is now.

My first two cruises were on Carnival in 2005 and 2006 and there were doors closed on both of them. Also doors closed on the two RCI cruises that I have been on.

Could it be just like many things that it depends upon what ship you are on? Carnival doesn't seem to be very consistent.

This is the first time we'll be able to go directly to our cabins when we board the ship.

We turned Platinum last year, but FTTF was not yet available on Freedom so we did not receive that perk.

Looking forward to it in January.

There have been doors closed but NO signs on them saying No Go!

We learned on this board before our first cruise that one could just open the doors and drop off bags. We have done that consistently on every cruise.

The bags go under the bed and then we are off to the Lido for lunch.

As my husband would say,"No harm, No foul". We don't disturb the cabin steward and we don't disturb other passengers sooooo I don't see what the big uproar might be about this!

Your cruising history must not be as long as mine.

I might not have been cruising with Carnival as long as you, since I've only been cruising with them since 1986.

I too remember not having the big doors closed for years, but as more and more people began going directly to their cabins, it became an issue for the room stewards, because people were getting in their way!! That's why they began to close the big doors....to keep people OUT of their way!!

I might not have been cruising with Carnival as long as you, since I've only been cruising with them since 1986.

I too remember not having the big doors closed for years, but as more and more people began going directly to their cabins, it became an issue for the room stewards, because people were getting in their way!! That's why they began to close the big doors....to keep people OUT of their way!!

Sounds like speculation on your part, and at least you have corroberated my statement that there were do restrictions and no closed doors, and no notifications that you couldn't proceed directly to your room. In fact, I remember the early days when they handed your your deck plans as you boarded and were greeted, withassisitance just fr the asking on how to get there.

This exactly...only I include my husband as a kid. He loves cruising in the fact that he likes hanging out on the balcony of the room and doing nothing (anti-social is an understatement for what he is)...so we purchased the FTTF specifically so he could get to his balcony quicker without ignoring the rules.