Seattle Hotels?

jwcmmc

We enjoyed the downtown Hilton. Bellman at the door when you arrive. We took a car service from the airport. Taxi's are difficult to get to at the airport (for us anyway). Easy walk to sightseeing areas from this hotel. Hotel was very quiet. Taxi's are a snap to get from there to the port. When we came back from our 14-day cruise the hotel held our luggage until evening time as we had the red eye home.

Edited by Linda&Vern

I like the W and the Sheraton. I have stayed at the W for work for weeks at a time, but these days I think I prefer the Sheraton. It's a bit more mellow, good club level. Nice pool, hot tub, and gym (no pool at the W). Shorter walk to Pike Place and the waterfront. The W has a much better bar and restaurant, and there is a wine shop a few blocks away. The W is a bit more expensive than the Sheraton.

For one night pre-cruise, the Hilton at the airport is more than fine. It's easy to get to after a long day from the east coast. Very comfortable rooms and beds. Restaurant is excellent.

I have also stayed at the Hilton downtown. Again, I can recommend it as a comfortable hotel, with a fine restaurant. The location is good if you plan to spend some time in Seattle.

If you are just looking for a place to sleep, eat breakfast and then go to ship, then by all means stay by airport. The price will be much less, though the cab ride is fairly long.

If you have a few hours to explore, then I would stay down by Pike Place (Inn at the Market), or the Waterfront (Edgewater, Marriott). There are lots of options downtown if you enjoy high end shopping. The Cruise Terminal isn't close to anything, so you are looking at a cab ride or shuttle no matter where you stay.

We took our first HAL cruise out of Seattle, and live 100 miles North of Seattle, so we go to the city frequently.

It would be a shame though to go all the way to Seattle, stay at the airport, and not take at least one extra day to enjoy the city, especially if it's your first time there. So much to do and see in Seattle and it's not like most people get the opportunity to go there very often.

I highly recommend both hotels I stayed at during my last trip

Mayflower - historic hotel in a downtown setting close to everything.

Maxwell - very modern style hotel and extremely comfortable

Both are walking distance to space needle and Pikes Place. Maxwell was cheaper of the two.

We went on a Princess cruise from Seattle last year and didn't want to spend a lot on hotels so we ended up staying at the Homewood Suites Seattle Convention Center Pike Street location. I got a great deal on Priceline. The hotel had a breakfast, good location and nice atmosphere. We would stay there again.

We used it as a home base for shopping. Caught a $10 cab ride to see a the Mariners lose a ball game at Safeco field. And it was only about $20 for a cab to the Princess dock (the same ones that Holland America uses).

Alaska is a wonderful holiday have a great time.

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g60878-d1174533-Reviews-Homewood_Suites_Seattle_Convention_Center_Pike_Street-Seattle_Washington.html

If you have a rental car while in Seattle, then it is easy to stay a little further out of the city centre and just drive where you might wish to go and explore.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express at the Airport and it was a very nice hotel. Clean and easy navigation to/from. Free hot breakfast in the morning and overall affordable (I think I paid about $120 a night for end of May).

We dropped the car of at a location in the city and then they reimburse for the taxi to the port. That all worked out great for us and we saw a bunch, such as the Tacoma Zoo, etc.

Enjoy your trip!

Hi all...

I've not long returned from a 5 week holiday beginning with a week at the Sheraton downtown Seattle and then a 4 week cruise home to Sydney, Australia.

All I can say is... the Sheraton was fabulous! After the long flight via Vancouver, 24 hours door to door, the front desk staff at the Sheraton were very accommodating. The room consisted of the most comfortable beds I have ever had the pleasure to sleep on. We had the club room access which included wifi access and full use of the hotel's computers. Breakfast in the club room was so convenient, as were the complimentary bottled water and soft drink.

Our slightest wish was granted without fail. The hotel is situated right in downtown which was so great for tourists who were unfamiliar with the city. The concierge arranged a 3 hr city tour for us on the first full day which made sure we got our bearings and could take advantage of our favourite sites to return.

The hotel lobby is fabulous as are the doormen always there to help you in with your luggage or purchases.

I thoroughly enjoyed Seattle and the wonderful cruise home and I know they were both enhanced by our stay at the Sheraton.

Really loved it.