"LIVE" - Legend of the Seas - Panama Canal 12 November 2013

PCWalton1

Hi - I am really enjoying your review - hope to take the same itinerary in 2015.

Just wondered if you made pre-arrangements with the guide or if you just came across the guide once you arrived in Antigua?

Thanks

If you do the Antigua on your own tour the first stop is the jade museum where they give you a short orientation talk. The guides are in the museum. Just pick one and off you go.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Bill, now that you and Marie have been on LOS for well over a week, what are your overall impressions of the ship and crew? We've learned about your MTD blip (which sounds like it's been corrected) but what's your feeling about passenger flow, public spaces, decor, crew/passenger interaction, entertainment options, Cruise Director and staff...anything that comes to your mind, good or not. Would appreciate any opinions you're willing to share.

It does look like a beautiful day at sea! Dismal, cold, rain-turning-to-snow day here in northeast Ohio.

Bill, now that you and Marie have been on LOS for well over a week, what are your overall impressions of the ship and crew? We've learned about your MTD blip (which sounds like it's been corrected) but what's your feeling about passenger flow, public spaces, decor, crew/passenger interaction, entertainment options, Cruise Director and staff...anything that comes to your mind, good or not. Would appreciate any opinions you're willing to share.

It does look like a beautiful day at sea! Dismal, cold, rain-turning-to-snow day here in northeast Ohio.

Wow that is a lot. Actually I am going to go in more detail once I get home as it gets trying to type at length on this phone. :p

Suffice to say at this time most of the crew works to make you comfortable and welcome. The food is excellent, the ship looks great and passenger flow is good with rarely a line. Guest Services have been angels. :)

But there are a few mid level managerial gaps and we have met a surprising number of crew where "no" is their first response to inquiries.

Wow that is a lot. Actually I am going to go in more detail once I get home as it gets trying to type at length on this phone. :p

Suffice to say at this time most of the crew works to make you comfortable and welcome. The food is excellent, the ship looks great and passenger flow is good with rarely a line. Guest Services have been angels. :)

But there are a few mid level managerial gaps and we have met a surprising number of crew where "no" is their first response to inquiries.

Geez, I realize that giving you that whole laundry list sounded pretty demanding and rude on my part...certainly didn't intend my list to be answered in its entirety. Your brief comments are exactly what I was looking for but, if there's anything that comes up or to mind (that can be tapped out on your phone easily), please share. :)

Geez, I realize that giving you that whole laundry list sounded pretty demanding and rude on my part...certainly didn't intend my list to be answered in its entirety. Your brief comments are exactly what I was looking for but, if there's anything that comes up or to mind (that can be tapped out on your phone easily), please share. :)

No worries. :)

This is my fear. I don't want to feel like my girlfriend and I drop the average age by 20 just by being on this itinerary, but this is something we really want to do

Generally speaking, I "believe" the longer the cruise (and, therefore, more costly), the more likely you are to see an older demographic on the ship. They tend to have both the time & disposable income for extended vacations at sea. But hopefully, many are also like me, active and young at heart! ;)

So while I understand, I would not be too concerned about the age of fellow passengers in deciding on a cruise. Like many things in life, it is what "you" make of any situation that really matters at the end of the day. My wife and I have been on a number of cruises for which we felt like youngsters (we are mid-50s). But we have always connected with folks that were lively and fun. Happy cruising!!

Tonight is a headliner show. Bobby Arvon......who? :o

urazemu7.jpg

Actually to be fair he was some of the best entertainment we have seen so far. His claim to fame is he sang the theme song from the Happy Days show. But the man still has a strong voice. His singing impressions were remarkable too. I loved his Neil Diamond and his medley of Frank Sinatra tunes.

Bill

Found this review a couple of weeks ago and have really gotten hooked on it. We did this exact same cruise a couple of years ago and loved it. One of the best. Some one mentioned the crocodile tour down some river in Costa Rica. We did that and never will forget it.

You are doing a wonderful job with this review. It has been great reliving this cruise with you two. I'm reading your other reviews that are posted also.

Bill, you are becoming an "internet star". Great job.

Thanks,

Paul

Bill

Found this review a couple of weeks ago and have really gotten hooked on it. We did this exact same cruise a couple of years ago and loved it. One of the best. Some one mentioned the crocodile tour down some river in Costa Rica. We did that and never will forget it.

You are doing a wonderful job with this review. It has been great reliving this cruise with you two. I'm reading your other reviews that are posted also.

Bill, you are becoming an "internet star". Great job.

Thanks,

Paul

Thank you Paul. Glad to hear you are enjoying my postings. :)

Bill

Too bad about the Americanization (that's a word) of the butter and non dairy creamer. The European counterparts are usually better. I'm sure it will affect our menus on the return trip coming up. It's still a cruise through the Panama Canal, though! Thanks for the wonderful preview of what's coming up for us starting Wednesday.

~Karen