"LIVE" - Legend of the Seas - Panama Canal 12 November 2013

PCWalton1

Not to be mean as we are not spring chickens either (59 & 63), but this cruise is making us feel young. There are very few younger than us. And I don't think I have seen any more than 5 or 6 children.

Same with the previous (transatlantic) cruise. We had two children, both from the same family.

How was the tour? I am planning on doing the same one in March

Having worked for Starbucks for the past 16 years this was one of the tours I wanted to go on and I was not disappointed. Our tour guide on the ship, Wendy Johnson was full of energy and great facts to keep us occupied on the drive up and back down. I enjoyed driving through the hills and seeing all the coffee trees. Our time at the co-op was enjoyable too. They have a replica of an old home and we had a demonstration of how they use to prepare coffee.

Hi Bill & Marie!

I apologize if this has been asked before, but are you connecting to the ship's WiFi or are you using your cell phone WiFi/Data? How's the speed? What about the cost? Unfortunately when I sail in 2015, I'll have to do some work from the ship and I'll need to send payroll and spreadsheets. :mad: But at least I'll be on a cruise!:D

I really appreciate your doing this "live" report!

Edited by debitoo

Not to be mean as we are not spring chickens either (59 & 63), but this cruise is making us feel young. There are very few younger than us. And I don't think I have seen any more than 5 or 6 children.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Hmmmmmm. That's a little disheartening. I was toying with the idea of doing this cruise with my son in 2016. But I'll only be 42 by then and he'll only be 16. May not be such a good idea after all. :-(

Having worked for Starbucks for the past 16 years this was one of the tours I wanted to go on and I was not disappointed. Our tour guide on the ship, Wendy Johnson was full of energy and great facts to keep us occupied on the drive up and back down. I enjoyed driving through the hills and seeing all the coffee trees. Our time at the co-op was enjoyable too. They have a replica of an old home and we had a demonstration of how they use to prepare coffee.

Here is a couple more pictures.

4e2y4y3a.jpg

ara5ytuq.jpg

a3a5e6er.jpg

I also had the opportunity for a quick meet and greet with Carlos Mario Rodriguez who is the director of our global agronomy office in San Jose.

gyredatu.jpg

Hi Bill & Marie!

I apologize if this has been asked before, but are you connecting to the ship's WiFi or are you using your cell phone WiFi/Data? How's the speed? What about the cost? Unfortunately when I sail in 2015, I'll have to do some work from the ship and I'll need to send payroll and spreadsheets. :mad: But at least I'll be on a cruise!:D

I really appreciate your doing this "live" report!

Actually a combination of both. I try to use my data as much as possible as it is cheaper for me. But when I can't I use ship's WiFi

I forgot to mention about some strange scheduling the other day. The Top Tier event was scheduled for day seven at 7:45 pm. We were unable to attend as we were at dinner. The time is not what I found strange, it was the location which was the Solarium.

The reason I found that strange it was formal night. That is a fairly humid location and I can't imagine it was to comfortable in a suit. :eek: Also where do you sit? Like I said a bit of a strange location.

The humorous part of the invite was the statement about attire. "No flipflops, short pants or tank tops". In other words, none of the normal solarium attire. :p

I forgot to mention about some strange scheduling the other day. The Top Tier event was scheduled for day seven at 7:45 pm. We were unable to attend as we were at dinner. The time is not what I found strange, it was the location which was the Solarium.

The reason I found that strange it was formal night. That is a fairly humid location and I can't imagine it was to comfortable in a suit. :eek: Also where do you sit? Like I said a bit of a strange location.

The humorous part of the invite was the statement about attire. "No flipflops, short pants or tank tops". In other words, none of the normal solarium attire. :p

Bill, they had the top tier event in the Solarium for us too, but I don't think it was a formal night. We were able to use the tables around the outside of the Solarium where people sit and eat their Park Cafe food. It was not humid for us, being that we were mid-Atlantic. They may find that they have to change things a bit now that they will be in the Caribbean.

Edited by clarea

This is my fear. I don't want to feel like my girlfriend and I drop the average age by 20 just by being on this itinerary, but this is something we really want to do

White night tonight :D

su4u6ejy.jpg

se8y8e6a.jpg

White night? There is a night when all dress in white?

I thought you were just commenting on her outfit but then someone commented in a later post that made me think it was an official night. Is it?

Thanks for all of this!!!

Bobbie

White night? There is a night when all dress in white?

I thought you were just commenting on her outfit but then someone commented in a later post that made me think it was an official night. Is it?

Thanks for all of this!!!

Bobbie

It was a casual/white night. We found out before the cruise and prepared. :D

This is my fear. I don't want to feel like my girlfriend and I drop the average age by 20 just by being on this itinerary, but this is something we really want to do

Go and have fun. You will no matter what the age is of those around you.

We really like it when there are no kids...the parents nowadays don't seem to care if their children are running or screaming or yelling..we are not kid haters but would like them controlled. That being said, that is exactly why we book longer cruises and we are not that old. We prefer adult conversation and fun....and that does not exclude any ages at all. We have had great times with folks in their 20s and 30s!! (just ask my coworkers). Don't worry about your age, you'll have a great time!!!

Hmmmmmm. That's a little disheartening. I was toying with the idea of doing this cruise with my son in 2016. But I'll only be 42 by then and he'll only be 16. May not be such a good idea after all. :-(

If you and your sixteen year old enjoy time together, I would go. Lots if great things to see and do in the ports.

You are not likely to find many kids of school age on a two week cruise while school is in session. That is a long time to take off from school. The risk of falling behind is likely. That said, there is no reason that you would not have a great time with your son. There is so many things to do. I think you will find the 'old timers' are still pretty active.