"LIVE" - Legend of the Seas - Panama Canal 12 November 2013

PCWalton1

Nice. Looking forward to the chance to ride out of Ft. Lauderdale.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

I agree! I love Port Everglades and the ease of getting to and from the airport...nice town to stay before or after a cruise, too.

On a different note, I was delighted to see you made it to Los Sueños...whether it was my tip or your guide that suggested. An astonishing place in the middle of that area, isn't it? I especially like your pics of the Guatemalan women...fruit lady, loom lady, duo in front of the massive building. Great shots.

I am totally, totally reliving our last November's Panama Canal cruise through you. My DH and I have enjoyed your posts and photos immensely. Thanks once again.

Well, I've booked March 2015 Canal cruise but hope the prices come down a bit in the interim !

It's all your fault, Bill :)

Just keep checking. Our inside cabin dropped from $1500 each to $869. Just have to be vigilant. :)

Not going to write much now as I am tired from a long day and need to get ready for dinner. Fantastic day in Antigua. Beautiful town well worth seeing. We did the on you own tour and hired a guide for $10 each.

Pleased that you had another another good day and thank you for the photos. They really give a feel for the place. Were you in a group with your guide or just the 2 of you?

Pleased that you had another another good day and thank you for the photos. They really give a feel for the place. Were you in a group with your guide or just the 2 of you?

Thanks, we were with one other couple during our tour.

Just keep checking. Our inside cabin dropped from $1500 each to $869. Just have to be vigilant. :)

We had a JS booked and the price only went up. Perhaps the balcony cabins are more in demand than the interior ones.

We had a JS booked and the price only went up. Perhaps the balcony cabins are more in demand than the interior ones.

Definitely. Some feel a balcony is essential for the canal crossing. I was all over the ship fore and aft so didn't miss it this time.

This is a great review! We are on the Legend over Christmas & New Years this year.

Just have some questions about the drinks in Diamond Lounge.. are they free? if not, how much? What are the cocktail hours in the Diamond Lounge?

Thanks!

This is a great review! We are on the Legend over Christmas & New Years this year.

Just have some questions about the drinks in Diamond Lounge.. are they free? if not, how much? What are the cocktail hours in the Diamond Lounge?

Thanks!

I wouldn't know as we are not officially Diamond till after the cruise.

Thanks!

Free house wine, beer, basic mixed drinks (no blender drinks), and soda in the DL nightly from 5pm to 8:30pm.

We booked a balcony, we just like to be able to sit outside in the mornings and sometimes in the evening, a little bit of quiet time. We are willing to pay the extra I guess for the balcony room. I havn't seen the balcony room prices move down from what we paid. Did book the first day it became available and I do keep an eye on the prices, still hoping it will come down but I am not holding my breath. Maybe your right the inside cabins are not at a premium on this cruise so they do a "deal".

We booked a balcony, we just like to be able to sit outside in the mornings and sometimes in the evening, a little bit of quiet time. We are willing to pay the extra I guess for the balcony room. I havn't seen the balcony room prices move down from what we paid. Did book the first day it became available and I do keep an eye on the prices, still hoping it will come down but I am not holding my breath. Maybe your right the inside cabins are not at a premium on this cruise so they do a "deal".

We normally have a balcony or JS but the difference between about $6000 and $1800 for some hours on the balcony just didn't work for us this time. That is just throwing away money in my book :)

It has been easy to find nice tables on the pool deck in the shade and we have spent many at sea hours there. Gives Marie a chance to jump into the activities too.

Free house wine, beer, basic mixed drinks (no blender drinks), and soda in the DL nightly from 5pm to 8:30pm.

Passing by the Anchors Away lounge in the evening I have seen the Diamond Event sign out which is not surprising considering how many C&A members go on this cruise. Correct me if I am wrong but I think the drink options in the event are even more limiting than the lounge.

Passing by the Anchors Away lounge in the evening I have seen the Diamond Event sign out which is not surprising considering how many C&A members go on this cruise. Correct me if I am wrong but I think the drink options in the event are even more limiting than the lounge.

Bill, for our cruise the drink and snack options in Anchors Aweigh were identical to what we would have had in the DL.

Bill, for our cruise the drink and snack options in Anchors Aweigh were identical to what we would have had in the DL.

Good to know. Our next cruise we are diamond but it is explorer which has no diamond lounge. Hopefully it will be the same

Good to know. Our next cruise we are diamond but it is explorer which has no diamond lounge. Hopefully it will be the same.

Explorer gets a DL in Jan 2015, so for your cruise Explorer will only have a nightly Diamond event. Free house wine, house champagne, and soda. All other drinks 25% off. EX will also have a Diamond breakfast with free specialty coffee.

However, you will be able to enjoy the DL on your Radiance cruise.

Not going to write much now as I am tired from a long day and need to get ready for dinner. Fantastic day in Antigua. Beautiful town well worth seeing. We did the on you own tour and hired a guide for $10 each.

Hi - I am really enjoying your review - hope to take the same itinerary in 2015.

Just wondered if you made pre-arrangements with the guide or if you just came across the guide once you arrived in Antigua?

Thanks