C&A Confirmed New Drink Packages!

jamies78

I think you may have been given incorrect information.

The packages can be purchased individually and not all people staying in the same cabin must purchase a package

I also called the 800 number and asked..and I was told it does NOT include Starbucks. I have very little faith in RCCLs call center staff. I only started planning a couple of weeks ago, and I've already been misinformed by them on at least 4 separate occasions.

it definitely does include the 15 % gratuity

Celebrity beverage pkg...

had it last year...wonderful..for $ 55 / person per day...

Celebrity's packages are $44/day classic and $54/day premium and do not include gratuity in the base price, which adds an additional 15% to purchase price. Also pricing is changing where if you buy onboard the packages will cost you $5/day more than if purchased online.

image.jpg.7b64d3f1c16adab5352da8eaecf7fce8.jpg

Edited by scottamiller

The self serve wines that were available on Celebrity were NOT included in their Premium packages, so do not assume that they will be on RCI. All I am saying is wait until after Dec 1 to see it in writing on the website before you get too excited over trying many different wines because you'll be disappointed of course if it's not included. There are differences in what the two lines are offering. For instance, RCI has a 12.00 limit on wine, but only a 10.00 limit on alcohol and not all beers are included, whereas Celebrity's limit is 12.00 across all 3 types (wine, alcohol & beer).

Could it be that Celebrity's pricing is higher for their drinks to begin with?

Where on-board Freedom would we find these drink menus posted here?:

http://www.bluevine.net/RoyalCaribbeanBeverageMenu.pdf

You can find them all in a bound Menu (Colorful plastic type) in the Champagne Bar, The Schooner Bar and the Olive & Twist (if that is what it is called on Freedom) for sure. Probably in other Bars as well.

I also called the 800 number and asked..and I was told it does NOT include Starbucks. I have very little faith in RCCLs call center staff. I only started planning a couple of weeks ago, and I've already been misinformed by them on at least 4 separate occasions.

I believe it does NOT include Starbucks ...

As far as non-alcohol drinks it does not specify "frozen" as it does in the larger package, so my guess is NO to non-alcohol frozen drinks.

As far as non-alcohol drinks it does not specify "frozen" as it does in the larger package, so my guess is NO to non-alcohol frozen drinks.

I tend to agree with you...I think this is one of the times I got good information from the 800 number. Was just pointing out to the prior poster that spoke to them and was told that it does include Starbucks that the 800 number is not a reliable source of information, nor do they feel the need to honor commitments they make in error when they are wrong.

My question on the what is/is not covered question is the frozen drinks that cost over $10...pretty sure I saw a couple of them on the menu posted several pages back. So...would they be covered as "frozen drinks", or would they be full price - $10 as a mixed drink? I don't really expect anyone here will have an answer until such time as we have some cruisers that have taken advantage of the package, just something that crossed my mind.

It also doesn't say it doesn't include frozen non alcoholic drinks... I bet it will include them. They don't cost anymore to make so it wouldn't make any sense that they don't.

We really enjoyed the non-alcohol premium package on Celebrity....so glad Royal will now offer this as well.

If I understand correctly it is only the Starbucks on Allure that is part of the true Starbucks chain. This is why you can use gift cards, get loyalty points, etc.

All other ships have a Cafe Lattetudes/Promenade Cafe that BREW and sell either Starbucks or Seattles Best.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong please :D

We were able to use our Starbucks gift card on Oasis.:)

I would be very surprised if they included the Starbucks. It would be wonderful if they do.

Does anyone know what constitutes "premium beer"? I am travelling on IOS in two weeks and was really looking forward to using the package to drink some good beers. I know the big Foster's cans are excluded, but what are the other premium beers?

On Explorer, the limit on beers in the package was $6.50. There weren't too many craft beers and the ones they had were over the limit. The only included ones I would drink were Sam Adams seasonal, Newcastle, and Sierra Nevada. They of course had the usual suspects (Bud, Coors, Amstel, Heineken, Corona, etc.). I'm not sure if the limit will be the same with the new package, but it doesn't make much sense when the limit on cocktails is $10.

I hope RCI gets on the craft beer wagon soon.

If it does not include Starbucks, I really hope they put that in the terms & conditions when you sign up for the package or they're asking for problems onboard. But really, on some ships, it's only Starbucks by name and the coffee served is just a step up from the self service slop in the machines.

Excuse my non drinker ignorance. What would be some non alcoholic cocktails that would be interesting to try, not frozen ones?

I believe if you look towards the back of that bar menu pdf file, you'll see an "All Aboard" section thats list several non-alcoholic drinks such as:

Bora Bora Bora

Passion Papaya Crush

Berry Banana Colada (though that one might be froazen)

Pineapple Blast

Strawberry Lemonade

Does anyone know what constitutes "premium beer"? I am travelling on IOS in two weeks and was really looking forward to using the package to drink some good beers. I know the big Foster's cans are excluded, but what are the other premium beers?

Under the old premium package, according to a drink menu posted there, pretty much all the dark beers and the British beers...Guiness being the one I particularly noted. pretty sure the Boddington's and Smithwicks' weren't included either. I think I had determined I was probably going to wind up doing Stella...been trying to find that graphic while typing this, but no luck (except I see now that someone else posted it). Hopefully, they will have re-thought these with the new version.

Edited by KarinaGW

Are you saying that they misinformed you when they said it "does NOT include Starbucks"

I have taken a quick look at the 2 links in this thread that show prices for drinks:

From post 143: http://www.shipcruise.org/royal-caribbean-alcohol-policy-drink-prices/

From post 238: http://www.bluevine.net/RoyalCaribbeanBeverageMenu.pdf

They are not really close?? Is one more updated than the other?? Any recent cruiser can tell us which is more accurate??? I know one is an actual RCCL Bar menu, but no idea how old it is.

Edited by ULCajunCruiser
spelling