Radiance of the Seas - Cabin location

Hi,

Has anyone been in the cabins on Deck 7 of the Radiance? I've noticed that the views can be rather obscured with the lifeboats being so close. I'm looking at a NZ cruise from Auckland to Sydney in and it seems there are only a linted amount left. Well, deluxe balcony ones anyway.

Does anyone have their opinion of them? Or where you think the best cabin locations would be on that deck.

Cheers, Simon

Hi Simon,

We had 7092 on our first RCI cruise to NZ, it is the first cabin on the Port side hump and yes the lifeboat covers are visible basically you cannot see the water passing the hull.

As far as the views where concerned it was not a problem and would select that cabin again.

We've got an E3 balcony on deck 7 of the Radiance. We didn't know about the ledge outside when we booked, but now I'm thinking it'll actually be a good thing. My son has a pretty bad fear of heights so this'll help him feel more secure!

From what I've read some people hate the glare that comes off the lifeboat covers, you can't look directly down to water, and at ports you can't see the people running when they've missed the ship. Others have said they hardly even noticed the ledge, particularly when sitting down...

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We were on the Radiance a couple years ago and is still our favorite ship. It was our first cruise and our TA booked E1-8586 Deluxe Ocean view Strm w/Bal.

It was a fantastic cabin on the forward section of the hump. Larger than normal balcony. You can sit and look out and forward. Since then I always try for the same type location when getting a balcony cabin. Unless like my next cruise I get cheap and go to the Dark Side (Inside):D

Edited by believer33323

I think it would be very similar to the Serenade, being that they are both Radiance class ships.

If so, our forward cabin on deck 7 had no obstruction and had a lovely, extra deep balcony (it was an E1). The E3s (midhsip) DID have a metal lifeboat cover extending out several feet beyond the balcony.

There are photos of both types of rooms and balconies (with a photo to show the lifeboat cover) from rooms on the Serenade last week in my blog post here:

http://hadleyswanderingsandramblings.blogspot.de/2013/11/photos-of-staterooms-on-serenade-of.html

The lifeboats are below ALL side balconies....it's really not an obstruction, although it is more noticable the lower you are. Your eyes will automatically go outward, to the sea!

Not true at all, CB. There are a number of forward side staterooms on all decks, most of the hump rooms, and most of the aft side cabins that do not have lifeboats below them. There is a visible cover that runs down much of the ship's side and where there are lifeboats, part of them extends past that.

See the picture of Radiance below. Although it shows some of the liefeboats off, it is clear to see where the last ones end by the restaurant:

royal-caribbean-radiance-seas-cruise-ship-alaska-29020174.jpg

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Not true at all, CB. There are a number of forward side staterooms on all decks, most of the hump rooms, and most of the aft side cabins that do not have lifeboats below them. There is a visible cover that runs down much of the ship's side and where there are lifeboats, part of them extends past that.

See the picture of Radiance below. Although it shows some of the liefeboats off, it is clear to see where the last ones end by the restaurant:

royal-caribbean-radiance-seas-cruise-ship-alaska-29020174.jpg

Do you ever feel like correcting her is turning into a full time job?:D

Do you ever feel like correcting her is turning into a full time job?:D

I know - but I really can't help myself because it just never ends! I don't really look for it but stumble on it all too often. The sad part is I don't think she ever returns to a thread twice to see what is said - makes it all a waste of time anyway.

Guess I need to get a life.......:rolleyes:

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I know - but I really can't help myself because it just never ends! I don't really look for it but stumble on it all too often. The sad part is I don't think she ever returns to a thread twice to see what is said - makes it all a waste of time anyway.

Guess I need to get a life.......:rolleyes:

Actually, I think she does come back, but just can't admit when she's wrong. She has backed off some from insisting that there is absolutely NO noise from above from the Windjammer/Pool Deck in Deck 10 cabins. That, however, has taken years and dozens of posts from people who DID have noise from above !!!:D:eek:;) It is so frustrating and most people do not want to lead non-experienced cruisers astray with incorrect info. All of us may be guilty of it once or twice, but not over and over and over again. :eek::D