Medal Question

serendipity1499

Congratulations on expecting to receive your Silver Medallions.

Sure...... wear your copper to the Reception and be awarded your Silver. :)

Have fun.

Thanks Judy...I was hoping you would be the one to answer this question..

Will HAL want the Bronze ...OOPS I mean Copper Medallions back? If not guess our little Great Grand Daughter might have some fun with them..

Cheers...Betty

Edited by serendipity1499

Absolutely not, Betty. HAL won't take your Medallions back.

Those Medallions are yours to keep.

Sometimes we see a Mariner come to the Reception wearing Copper, Silver and Gold. I've never (yet) seen someone wearing the fourth (Platinum) with the others. All those medallions together are heavy!!! :)

Congratulations, again. :)

Hopefully you'll enjoy a nice, hosted table at the Brunch seeing you are a Medallion Recipient. Of course, depends how many others there are...... among other things.

Edited by sail7seas

Congratulations Betty. We will be getting our 500 day medals ( gold I think) on our next cruise. I will wear my last medal but not all of them. Just remember to take it off before eating brunch. :D

We got our first medals when they were giving them out in the evening in the showroom. It was formal night. I was so proud of my medal I didn't think to take it off. I ordered Lobster Bisque for my soup. ( see what's coming?) Yep. I reached for the salt the medal clunked into the soup and bright orange all over the white formal tablecloth and the white formal gown I was wearing.:eek:

The orange did not go well with the beet red face. :o Oh well, that's how we learn and can give good advice from personal experience; right? :rolleyes:

Edited by kakalina

I should be getting my silver this next cruise. I plan to lay low and I won't be going to the cocktail party. My bronze hasn't seen the light of day since I got it. If you like it, take it with.

We enjoy the pre-brunch Reception the most of the Mariner day. I enjoy seeing others awarded their Medallions and recognized. :)

Congratulations Kakalina and Lorekauf in anticipation of receiving your Medallions. It's fun,,,, (I think)

Edited by sail7seas

Personally I'd rather see the prices of the people they value. I get very embarrassed when I'm the center of (some)attention. I like to melt into the woodwork.

I'm confused, Lorekauf......

What do you mean you'd rather see the 'prices of the people they value'?

I never notice anyone wearing their medallions on the ship at the Receptions or Mariner's Luncheon. DH packed our copper - he wore it proudly but I didn't as I haven't seen anyone wear them....

We definitely see people wearing their Medallions to the pre-Brunch Reception. We have always worn ours, as well. :)

The photos they take of Medallion Holders/Recipients with Captain and Hotel Manager is one of my favorite momentos from all our cruises.

Absolutely not, Betty. HAL won't take your Medallions back.

Those Medallions are yours to keep.

Sometimes we see a Mariner come to the Reception wearing Copper, Silver and Gold. I've never (yet) seen someone wearing the fourth (Platinum) with the others. All those medallions together are heavy!!! :)

Congratulations, again. :)

Hopefully you'll enjoy a nice, hosted table at the Brunch seeing you are a Medallion Recipient. Of course, depends how many others there are...... among other things.

Thankyou sail..Don't plan on wearing both, but will plan to give one of the Copper ones to our Great Granddaughter when she comes to see us at the ship during the layover in Tampa..I will put the pins on the pretty blue ribbon though..

Congratulations Betty on your up coming Silver Medallions :)

That is our goal but think we will have a while since it has not been that long, (maybe three cruises) since we hit the 200 real sea days.

Thank you Lisa..This will be especially nice for my DH..Our 300 days went pretty fast..The 68 day in Jan. helped it along..LOL

Thanks again..

Betty

Congratulations Betty. We will be getting our 500 day medals ( gold I think) on our next cruise. I will wear my last medal but not all of them. Just remember to take it off before eating brunch. :D

We got our first medals when they were giving them out in the evening in the showroom. It was formal night. I was so proud of my medal I didn't think to take it off. I ordered Lobster Bisque for my soup. ( see what's coming?) Yep. I reached for the salt the medal clunked into the soup and bright orange all over the white formal tablecloth and the white formal gown I was wearing.:eek:

The orange did not go well with the beet red face. :o Oh well, that's how we learn and can give good advice from personal experience; right? :rolleyes:

Thank you KK..I'll take your advice & be sure to remember to take them off before eating..Did you ever get the bright orange out of your gown? Like you I would be disconcerted if that happened to me..

Lorekauf..Don't pass on the Silver Medallian..It goes very nicely with blue, one of my favorite colors..

Cheers..:)Betty

I should be getting my silver this next cruise. I plan to lay low and I won't be going to the cocktail party. My bronze hasn't seen the light of day since I got it. If you like it, take it with.

LOL, Likewise. We now look at the Mariner's lunch as the best time to eat lunch in the Lido. But we do give credit to HA for managing to make a free lunch and tinny medals have meaning for some folks. Personally, we prefer to daily free cocktail parties they give us on Celebrity :)

Hank

I never notice anyone wearing their medallions on the ship at the Receptions or Mariner's Luncheon. DH packed our copper - he wore it proudly but I didn't as I haven't seen anyone wear them....

And that becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy sort of thing then, doesn't it. Others don't wear their medals to the reception because they see you without yours.

I'm laughing because that sounds like something that would happen to me, or rather that I would do.