Carnival Victory Dry-Dock - Looks Liked It's Cancelled

thecruiserofships

Many of you know that I have been keeping up with dry-dock dates on my personal website. I was alerted by a visitor last week that the Victory dry-dock may have been cancelled.

I have looked into this and Go CCL has removed the dry-dock from the Victory's ship fact sheet. https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/the_fleet/victory/victory.ashx

I also checked the booking engine and you can now find cruises all throughout September, October, and November 2014.

Any ideas? Thoughts?

Sorry is this messes up your plans, but you should always remember that dry-docks are subject to change at any time.

That's really interesting since they already went through the trouble of cancelling people's cruises who were originally booked on those dates.

Pure guesswork and speculation: I'm guessing that they saw how well the Triumph was doing with the standard 2.0 upgrades and figured that a extended Sunshine-like drydock would be unnecessary for a ship that is only scheduled to do the 5-day cruise run out of Miami.

New dates from John H

"Yes that's correct, the new date for her drydock is March 16 - April 20, 2015. Sorry for any confusion and all the best"

So glad to hear that. We're booked on her for a B2B Feb 16th and 21st, 2015. We are not a fan of the 2.0 upgrades. We liked her just the way she is now.

This is good. Many of the Carnival fans do not like the 2.0 downgrades.
I must assume you're joking.

All you see is the glitzy Named Bars...the frills...the Guys Burgers??

And what about the fact that, most times,

they split the Lido buffet area into two clear sections, thus reducing lines significantly.

You don't see that as a big plus? :confused:

Every time a ship goes on dry dock it is improved!

Edited by Aplmac

I must assume you're joking.

All you see is the glitzy Named Bars...the frills...the Guys Burgers??

And what about the fact that, most times,

they split the Lido buffet area into two clear sections, thus reducing lines significantly.

You don't see that as a big plus? :confused:

Every time a ship goes on dry dock it is improved!

Not everybody feels that way. We like the stadium tiers. Everybody that's up on the Lido Deck gets a chance to see what's going on. They did away with them on the Sunshine and now have clamshells for only a fraction of the people that use to be able to be up there. We never use the Serenity area, don't frequent the bars, don't do brunch and the burgers they serve were good enough for us.

Yes, some people love the 2.0 but not everybody does.

Not everybody feels that way. We like the stadium tiers. Everybody that's up on the Lido Deck gets a chance to see what's going on. They did away with them on the Sunshine and now have clamshells for only a fraction of the people that use to be able to be up there. We never use the Serenity area, don't frequent the bars, don't do brunch and the burgers they serve were good enough for us.

Yes, some people love the 2.0 but not everybody does.

We LOVED the stadium seating on the Victory and what was the Destiny.

Great. Now I have to cancel my 30+ cabin group booked on Victory for next October!! :mad:

Most of our group were on the last group cruise this past February on Victory and were very excited about seeing the NEW 2.0 Victory.

I guess we will have to cancel and go find ourselves some SUNSHINE.....................

When I did a few mock bookings, there were 2-two week dates in sept and October which were not avail. I thought maybe they would do some refurbishment at that time.

Dies anyone have a copy if the old deck plan? The plan at carnival site shows a steakhouse and gush and chips.

When I did a few mock bookings, there were 2-two week dates in sept and October which were not avail. I thought maybe they would do some refurbishment at that time.

Dies anyone have a copy if the old deck plan? The plan at carnival site shows a steakhouse and gush and chips.

If you are looking at Carnivals site it may not show all sailing there is a problem with the site not working right currently. Clear all you history in your browser then restart browser and check again all dates are showing up in Sept and Oct.