It never gets old!!

pianogal83

Just made final payment on our February cruise and completed check-in for our Thanksgiving cruise - on which I make platinum!

So excited!! Walking that gangplank, stepping on that ship for the first time, heading to serenity or the adult pool area, relaxing on that lounge with a DOD in my hand; knowing that the next 7 days I will not have to cook a meal, wash a dish, make a bed, do laundry, go to work - is a thrill EACH and EVERY time! :D

Just made final payment on our February cruise and completed check-in for our Thanksgiving cruise - on which I make platinum!

So excited!! Walking that gangplank, stepping on that ship for the first time, heading to serenity or the adult pool area, relaxing on that lounge with a DOD in my hand; knowing that the next 7 days I will not have to cook a meal, wash a dish, make a bed, do laundry, go to work - is a thrill EACH and EVERY time! :D

We just love being Platinum and hearing welcome home when you board the ship!!!

Exactly! Appreciating every cruise like it's your first. That's what I try to do.

Congrats on your upcoming Platinum cruise.

From many years ago on CC.

What is it about a Cruise?

by Anne Campbell

It’s always the ship’s horn that stops me in my tracks. It frequently catches me in the act of unpacking for the voyage ahead. This unforgettable sound is when the ties that bind me to land and my life back home begin to fray a bit. Racing to the top deck I peer over the side as sailors drop the thick-coiled ropes, finally making hand signals to the bridge that the ship is all clear. Suddenly this gleaming white vessel slowly begins her horizontal slide from the pier and we majestically steam out of port.

This is the most magical moment of the voyage for me, the actual separation of the self that normally inhabits me and the self I’ll become for a week or so. My excitement level is so high I want to jump like a child with glee. I fully understand DiCaprio’s euphoric outburst on the bow of Titanic. We’re leaving for unknown adventures, to be revealed each day.

On the pool deck, passengers lift glasses of bubbly, dance or silently stare ahead, at the seas that carry this royally crafted vessel, designed to carry several thousand people 50 weeks per years for a duration of 30 years. By the time we have fully departed home port, I can almost see the person I was back home, sadly standing on the pier silently mouthing "bon voyage."

The myriad irritations and problems of life aren’t resilient enough to follow me to any ship. The effect is akin to a deep massage, perhaps with a magic potion tossed in. I simply no longer care that the dry cleaner ruined my best dress, stupid mistakes at work haven’t been corrected or even that I must eventually come home. Nor do I worry if my clothes are right, that I’ll fit in with other passengers or whether the food will be passable. For one week, I’ll be with like-minded folks who have cast-off everything but the joy at being carried away to new places.

The seas, oceans and rivers of the world offer cruisers so many choices. If you demand a place in the sun, then the Caribbean is your natural habitat, with its potpourri of colors and people and splendid tropical climate (and, should you ever tire, Hawaii or the South Seas might entice your senses). If you’re looking for adventure and wildlife, Antarctica, the Galapagos and Amazon beckon. If majestic scenery fills your soul with wonder, then you should sail through the southern tip of South America, Alaska’s Inside River or in and out of Norway’s saw-toothed fjords.

Serious scuba divers will love the Mexican Riviera on sailings from either the West Coast of Florida and our own eastern seaboard can be explored all the way from Florida to the rocky coastal islands of Maine. If you wish to stretch your mind, as well as your legs, in every port, the whole world is waiting for you. Those who love antiquities will be thrilled in Greece, Turkey, Israel and Egypt. If it’s river life you like, try the small boats on the waterways of Europe, the paddle wheelers on the Mississippi and Ohio River and the barges along the Nile. You can be as enriched and fulfilled as you desire, or pursue each day at a sail’s pace.

This is the perfection of a cruise.

Thanksgiving week will be our 30th cruise since 1994 and DH and I still love it when we drive to a port and see the ship for the first time. It's always like the first cruise and it doesn't matter if it's a ship we've sailed on before or not. It never gets old having the room steward clean our cabin twice a day or have gourmet meals served to us every night - no clean up on our part:) It never gets old seeing the familiar ports we've visited and sitting out on our balcony with the breeze. It never gets old the feeling of sadness on dembarkation morning when we have to leave the ship and say farewell until the next cruise.

400 more days till I get that feeling again! My kids and I always do a little happy dance as soon as our feet step on to the deck!

That is one of the special things. :) When you step from the gangway onto the actual ship, step into the atrium and when you use your key for the first time to open your cabin door. For those that have a balcony when you push those curtains aside and step out onto your own private outdoor space and look at your view. I also love the feel/vibration when the ship's thrusters come on to push back from that pier and when you realize that you are now moving forward. To me those things never get old, no matter how many times you experience them.

That is one of the special things. :) When you step from the gangway onto the actual ship, step into the atrium and when you use your key for the first time to open your cabin door. For those that have a balcony when you push those curtains aside and step out onto your own private outdoor space and look at your view. I also love the feel/vibration when the ship's thrusters come on to push back from that pier and when you realize that you are now moving forward. To me those things never get old, no matter how many times you experience them.

So well put, Donna . . . each one of those events carries its own special excitement level . . . love it.:)

So well put, Donna . . . each one of those events carries its own special excitement level . . . love it.:)

Thanks:), sometimes I feel like a kid on Christmas morning when starting a cruise. I even sort of like doing the muster drill because that means we are almost ready to go.

Couldn't have said it better myself.....walking up that gangway for the first time is always special no matter if it's your first cruise or your 20th cruise. I've always got my camera out and ready to get that first picture as we step foot on the ship

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Some things that never get old for me are: The joy I feel after everything is unpacked and put away and knowing I have the whole cruise ahead of me! I also like that I don't have to drive a car during the entire cruise! Enjoying a good breakfast on the Lido deck while looking out at the ocean on a sea day!

Looking forward to my first ever balcony cabin on my next cruise! I'm sure that will never get old too!:D

For me it starts with the countdown, which normally starts around one month out. Then seeing that magnificent ship sitting in port, and knowing it's now my turn.....Yipeeee!!! The first step into the beautiful atrium of a new ship for us, and knowing we will be waited on hand, and foot for an entire week. I Love it!

Sitting on my balcony at night alone while eating my pillow chocolate. Watching the gleam on the ocean as the ship glides thru. The smell of the air mixed with salt, and the stars above in a midnight black sky. So peaceful, and quiet. I yearn to see the light's of distant ships, and wonder where they are headed. Such heaven on earth for me. My hubby doesn't understand my balcony obsession, but this is part of what is so magical for me. Then continues into morning with a light bite watching the sun come up while he sleeps. To each there own......7 days til we cruise again on the Dream. First timers on this ship.

Can't wait til the magic happens once more. :D